I've got my anti-witch spray!

Well ladies, another night of no sleep and an upset digestive system. I finally called the 24 hour advice line when I was once again up at 4 am. They think I have a bladder infection and are starting me on antibiotics today. I'm a little nervous to take anything, but I assume they wouldn't prescribe something that wasn't safe to take during pregnancy. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get a full night's rest tonight. :(

Anyone else ever have a bladder infection during pregnancy?

Linz- they didnt test your urine or anything? I am sure whatever they gave you is fine for pregnancy...I just find it weird that they would diagnose you over the phone

Usually when I'm not pregnant, my doctor's office allows you to have 3 UTI's in one year that the treat over the phone. That means basically that you call in, talk to a nurse, tell them your symptoms, and if it sounds like a UTI (and you've had one before so you know what it feels like) they just call in the prescription and you can just go pick it up. Because I'm pregnant they wanted me to pee in a cup, but also called in the prescription at the same time since if the lab results took too long to come back, they didn't want me without antibiotics all weekend.

Well I just drove to the pharmacy (Dr that I spoke to at 9 am said the lab and prescrip would be ready in an hour) and they had NOT received the order. The lab request either. Luckily they phoned my regular doctor and he ordered the lab (which came back right away positive for a UTI) but they still haven't called in the prescription... So now I'm in pain and waiting wondering when that will come through. :( It has now been almost 2 hours.

So sorry honey..I hear UTIs/Bladder infections are common in pregnancy. I am prone to them too so I know what you mean about just calling in and them giving you something..I guess I just thought since you were pregnant theyd be extra cautious? Glad they DID do a urine test so you know for sure that you need it! I hope you get your meds soon cause those infections are a biotch! DRINK LOTS AND LOTS!!! (I know you know that...just a reminder!)

GET WELL SOON!

Thanks Wishin. Just called them again since. The meds still aren't there and got a helpful RN on the phone who is forwarding my results to my OB now with an urgent note. Hopefully it will get taken care of today! I'm supposed to go to our newborn care class tonight, it idk if I want to in this much pain.

Yup, I had to call the advice nurse back and they saw that the results came back and still no prescription. Since my regular OB was in today they forwarded my results to her and put an urgent note on it. Picked up my prescription around 3 pm! THANK GOODNESS!!

What's going on ladies?

Nats - how's the cold doing?

Wishin - Getting excited for Tuesday? Do you have an inkling what the gender is?

Haley - We miss you!

Leia - Hope everything is going well with you and your LO!

Lilspy - LOVED your announcement on Halloween on facebook that your addition is a girl. That was sooo cute!

AFM - feeling SO much better now that the antibiotics have kicked in. Also told my boss that I'm starting leave on the 9th, which means... Only 5 more work days left!! Yikes!! What am I going to do with 1-2 weeks of free time before she comes??

So glad you're feeling better, Linz!

I'm dying already. I'm so pregnant-uncomfortable. How is this possible?! :haha: Freaking strong BH contractions, round ligament and back pain, humongous bump (did another comparison today - it's easily comparable to the size at 28-29 weeks last time :dohh:). The last 2 days, my tailbone is killing me from sitting in this stupid desk chair all day. Linz, what kind of ball did you get to sit on? I'm terrified I'll pop one being the fatty I am. Do they tell you the weight range they support? I could probably just look for one on amazon and find that out, huh.

/whine :haha:

Uh oh, lilspy... You're in for it if you're uncomfortable already! The one I sit on at work is a 65 cm ball. I got it from Walmart for $8! It says the weight limit on it is 250 lbs. I don't know how much you weigh, nor am I going to guess, but if that weight limit makes you uncomfortable, I'm sure if you get a slightly more expensive one they have different weight limits. This was literally the cheapest one I could buy! The sizes tend to go by height, and the 65 cm ball is recommended for 5'3" to 5'11". Also, they say during pregnancy you will want a slightly larger one than if it's just an exercise ball, so if you're 5'2" I still would go for the 65 instead of the 55 cm ball and then just don't inflate it all the way to capacity. I have a 55 cm ball at home and I really wish it were bigger when I use it to sit on to watch tv. (I'm 5'4")

Also, don't worry about "popping" them, they should all be anti-exploding. In other words, they're supposed to be manufactured to deflate slowly should a tear occur, rather than exploding and causing you to fall helplessly to the floor!

Awesome! I'm golden with a max of 250. I absolutely refuse to gain that much weight this pregnancy! :haha: I'm 5'4", too so $8 Walmart ball, here I come. Thanks!

I'm here just been super busy finishing up my sisters shower stuff and yesterday helped a friend move which was NOT a good idea. My body is in so much pain that I haven't been able to fall asleep yet... It's 3am Saturday morning I went to bed at 10pm Friday night :(

Can u believe I've actually still got the cold!!! I can't believe it! 2 weeks now! I'm so fed up with it, I also did a hpt :blush: I know it's to early but I just wanted to poas lol it was very obviously negative x x

Also have worked out that if my friend gets her bfp from ivf and I get a bfp this month then we will be at exactly the same gestation! To the day! Wouldn't that be amazing!!! :winkwink: x x

Ok ladies now I don't want to get my hopes up but my bbs are more sore than normal (I think) and I am having vivid dreams! I can't remember at what point these start in pregnancy but I know I definitely get them, and I've still not shifted this cold although I'm not actually ill anymore, just congested! I am probably inventing these symptoms because I want it to be this month more than any other! Only 5 days to go! X x x

Oooh Nats, that sounds really good! Hoping this is your month!

Wishin - Was the shower yesterday? If so, how did it go?

My friends and I had an early Thanksgiving dinner here yesterday since I will probably be extremely pregnant or with a newborn come Thanksgiving (due one day before). So I cleaned the house, made a bunch of food, roasted a turkey, etc so I'm pretty much exhausted today, but on the plus side, my fridge is full of tasty leftovers! Also, one more week of work left! YESSSSS! I can't wait to start my maternity leave!

It's official!! i have actually lost the plot!!!!!! :wacko:
Today i had a back ache when i got up, it wore off after a while but i've also had sort of twinges, similar to those of ovulation (or af coming) so instead of getting my hopes up anymore i decided i was definately out, then...............
this evening after i went for a wee, i was doing the usual tp check! and it was slightly tinged with pink, so i thought it a little strange because af is not due till fri and i am always on a 27-28 day cycle, but decided it was af starting.
Only thing is i have been to the loo a few times since and nothing, nada, nowt!! So then i started thinking well maybe its ib?????
This is where the crazy thinking begun, as you know i have 3 children, and i have had 4 miscarriages so this makes a total of 7 pregnancy's!!
Never in any of these have i had an ib!! so why in the world would i start now????
Why oh why do i do this to myself, its obviously a sign af is on her way and yet i still cling on to that silly bit of hope that it might be something different!!
I am 100% wacko! crazy! obsessed! bonkers! there really is no helping me i'm a lost cause!!
Sorry just needed to get that off my chest xxx

Fx Nats!

Linz -- Mmmmmm, Thanksgiving. We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do. We really want to go stay with FIL and his family at their vacation house in Hilton Head (because, um, duh) but I really hate to dissapoint my mom and MIL so much. Ugh.

So, happy news this morning - My friend who was due a week after me but had a mmc and a d&c around 10 weeks just got a bfp today! She was shocked as they hadn't even really been trying (she said they even prevented most of this month because she just wasn't quite ready to ttc full force again). So excited for her! Her edd is the same as mine was with Maisie, so now she's due about 3 months after I am. I know she's freaked out after what happened last time but I'm really excited for her. And she's very likely to have a c-section at 39 weeks and I'm very likely to go over a week or two, so they'll probably be less than 3 months apart (our firsts are 19 days apart, though we were due 7 days apart).

great news for your friend little x

So can any of you shed any light on ib? ive never had one so not sure if thats what it could be or not?? x

Good morning girls!! I FEEL like its been forever since I have been online!

Nats- Every pregnancy is sooo different. I did not have IB with DS but I did this time...also my symptoms were completely different both times, except for the vivid dreams occured and were the give away for both pregnancies. I know how much you want this and I am keeping my fingers crossed! Oooo I really really hope this is it!!!

Julie- How exciting for your friend! I am sure shes so worried but hopefully this is her rainbow. I was telling DH yesterday that I dont know if I would be able to keep ttc after multiple losses. You girls that get your rainbow babies are simply amazing and strong.

Linz- We are still kind of battling over thanksgiving too. I really dont want to go to MIL's for many reasons but I might just have to suck it up. I can not wait though because I loooove Christmas and thanksgiving is like the "Starting line" for the christmas season haha. I think I am going to decorate for christmas the weekend before thanksgiving because I feel like it! One more week of work sounds fabulous! I cant beleive you are about to have your LO one so soon! I dont know how you are going to do it but please let us know when somehow when u are on your way to the hospital! fb or here puuuhlease! im just so excited for you!

AFM- I am 19 weeks today! My anatomy scan is tomorrow...Im excited but not as excited as I was last week. I think Im in denial that its finally happening haha! I can not wait to see the baby I feel like its been forever! In other pregnancy news- I have been soooo freaking hormonal...like I cry over EVERYTHING! I never ever cried with DS this is totally like a WTF thing for me. Last night DH and I had put DS to sleep and I seriously couldnt talk to him without crying. Luckily he doesnt seem to be bothered by it he just thinks im a little bit nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->