I've got my anti-witch spray!

Wishn where o where r u?
Been stalking face book! I'm so desperate to know which flavour! But I am exhausted so am going to sleep if I wake up a bit later I will check in here and face book. Sorry I couldn't stay awake any longer x x c

Woke up and checked straight away and nothing!!
Pink or blue wishn????????? Xxx

It's a girl!!!!!!

Party was a huge hit but the last person just left my house and its almost midnight!
Ill update more in the morning!

Yay congrats wishn, how lovely! R u pleased? X x

Definitely out! Spotting this morning :cry: stupidly upset! X x

The party was super fun we had maybe 15 people all together. Everyone except 3 people were team pink which was hilarious because I have never seen so many people wearing pink at one time, especially in my house!

We talked and guessed when I would be due, ate pizza hung out...a few people were late so the 'reveal' didnt acctually happen until like 6:30? I was getting so anxious! The kids opened the box and the ballonws didnt really fly out because they were stuffed in there but I looked down and saw the pink and even though its what I was expecting (and secretly wanted) I was still shocked. It was awesome!

Now to come up with a name (Still pushing for our original name from when I was pregnant with DS) and a nursery theme

Oh and this morning I totally rubbed it in my MIL's face that I "made" a girl! haha that was awesome too!

Oh and my phone was blowing up ALLLLLLL day long with people texting, fbing, calling, emailing trying to find out what it was....I felt very special yesterday <3

During the scan baby girl wasnt cooperating so the tech wasnt able to properly find something in the heart (she told me its nothing to worry about she just couldnt see it because of the baby's position) so I get to go back in 2 weeks for another scan! then they will re-confirm the sex for me! I hope she doesnt grow a penis by then LMAO!

Congrats Wishin, I'm sure your on :cloud9:...

Nats I am so sorry, you my dear are in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

I hope everyone else is doing well, thinking of you all :hugs:

So excited for you, wishn! GIRLS ARE AWESOME!!!

My baby girl is sick for the first time ever. :cry: It's way harder for me than I expected it to be. I worry about her so much and hate seeing her feel so bad. It's a viral throat infection (not strep, thank goodness!) but it's causing her to be miserable, refuse to eat and drink, and run a pretty high fever (it's been at 103 for almost 48 hours now, even with medicine).

What's even better is I think she's shared it with me. And then my car decides to act out today on the way into work so I'm hoping I make it home. Then I have a hearing downtown for work I can't miss in the morning and an interview for another job (I know, wishn!) tomorrow afternoon. So... if I could just not be sick, exhausted, and broken down on the side of the road for at least the next 27 hours, that would be awesome.

Julie- are you piggy backing Motrin/Tylenol?

Yep. Even doing that, her fever stayed at 103 for at least 2-3 hours overnight. :nope: It's been much better so far today, though. We're doing a dose of one or the other every 3 hours.

Triage nurse said the medicine usually takes the fever down by about 3 degrees so I guess it would've just been insane there for a while if we hadn't been giving her the medicine.

Congrats Wishin!!!! I completely forgot about the comment about not being able to make girls!! I'm sure you loved proving her wrong on that one lol

So sorry Nats!!! I thought his was gonna be your month!!

:hugs:

Wishin - Congrats on girl :). So pleased for you. Is your DS excited to be having a baby sister? x

Linz - Enjoy your last day today. Make sure you rest up in the next few weeks. I was looking forward to the break when moved down to be with OH at 36 weeks, going out for meals and having the help but LO had different plans and let me enjoy it for an hour :). I am so excited that you are going to meet your little girl soon. x

Nats - so sorry hon. :hugs: x

AFM - LO had brain scan at start of this week and all was good (as far as we understood). We dont have to go back so we are very happy. We now just have to wait and see if he hits all his developemental markers, remembering that the prematurity will put him back abit anyway. We are getting lots of smiles now, there is nothing quite like seeing LO face light up, eyes crease and mouth smile :). Its taken awhile but he also now seems much more interested in surroundings and vision has really kicked in.

We are bogged down with guests at the moment but am trying to keep up with your posts. Another 2 weeks and then it will be quiet again - Linz will have had her baby by then (maybe).

Leia -- So glad everything is well! I LOVE baby smiles! and baby giggles probably aren't too far off now! :cloud9:

Um, linz? So, here's the deal: I'm gonna need for you not to disappear for 3 days at this point, okay? :p

lmao! yea Linz! Seriously we need like constant posts so that when you do go missing we can assume you are in labor!

afm- I have been totally nostalgic about my lil man turning 4 this week....(well tuesday) I dont know why im so sad over it? I am loving the stage hes in and we have a great relationship. I guess being 4 just makes him such a big boy and he needs me less? booo...I posted a picture on FB of him when he was a baby...CUTEST BABY EVER! Ok but I am biased haha

What? Oh, hi! I'm here!

Leia - thanks! I hope LO is here sooner rather than later, but I just have a feeling she's going to let me have a looooong vacation after my last day in the office. :(

Haley - so glad to hear from you!

Wishin and lilspy - don't you worry! I have a feeling I'll post on facebook when I'm on my way to the hospital so you can update here for me when it comes. However, I'm not having any signs of labor. No show, no plug, no increasing BH (just the regular ones that have come and gone since 30ish weeks), no anything really. This little girl is just so comfy cozy I suppose! However, I really am looking forward to staying in my pjs all day at home for the next couple weeks. :)

Anyway, that's what's up with me. Nothing too exciting here. Guess I should pack my hospital bags this weekend?

Yeah, go ahead and pack your bag. I hated this recommendation when I got it but it did make life easier -- pack nursing gowns and don't really worry about pants (except maybe a couple pairs of yoga/sweat pants). Nurses are going to come in every few hours and check your underwear (yup) so pants are a HUGE pita in the hospital.
Also, DON'T FORGET YOUR PILLOW! My hospital had plenty of their little disposable ones but they said they're often running low and sometimes don't have enough for everyone. I found my own pillow to be a lot more comfortable than theirs
And cell phone charger.
And toothbrush/toothpaste.

Other than that, I packed way too much last time. I kept reading how you're going to want to use your own towels and your own bath stuff and your own fluffy socks and your own underwear... whatever. Not the case at all for me so I'm not packing any of that crap this time. 1) Yes, hospital towels suck. But I don't want to get blood all over my own towels, so I'll use theirs. 2) I only took one shower in the hospital and I used the shower gel & poof they gave me. I was too tired to bother the night after she was born so it didn't happen until the afternoon after when they were going to force me to be present in front of other people in the discharge class. :haha: I honestly was afraid of showering my lady bits :haha: 3) No, I never wore my own socks. The hospital gave me socks and I'd prefer to keep my own socks free of amniotic fluid and blood. 4) Nope, not for me, big net one-size-fits-all hospital underwear FOR THE WIN for the first couple of days! After that, my own huge cotton granny panties were fine but I won't bother packing more than a couple this time. I packed like 10 last time because I kept reading that I'd be more comfortable with them and that I'd want to change them every time I bled on them and... whatever. Maybe it's just me, but I straight up didn't give a flying crap about my underwear the first couple of days. :haha:
I also packed a ton of snack foods and drinks. I won't be doing that again. The hospital gave me so much food I thought I was going to die trying to poop it all back out. :blush:

I also packed too much for baby last time. :wacko:

I don't know, maybe my hospital is just generous or something but I ended up packing way too much crap going by the hospital lists I had found on other sites. :shrug: I guess better safe than sorry if you don't know what the hospital will provide.

Julie- I agree that I packed waaay too much last time and not of the right things.

I plan on bringing one or two pairs of sweatpants. 2-3 tshirts, socks 1-2 pairs big underwear, deodorant (bought travel size), toothbrush, toothpaste (again bought travel size) hair ties, brush --- thats pretty much it for me

For baby I did not pack enough! Im bringing a coming home outfit then maybe 2-3 extras just in case. Dont forget socks for the baby...and def a hat since it will be cold!

Have you gotten your car seat installed? If ot do it now! Hospitals (around here at least) will not let you leave until your car is inspected for proper instalment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->