I've got my anti-witch spray!

my Hospital provided formula, diapers and wipes. DH and I would take two or three bottles of formula/diapers at a time because when you are running low they give you a new stash...so we would stuff it in our bags. hehe yea we are cheap like that. We ended up going home with tons of newborn diapers and free formula! it lasted us at least a week which was enough time for things to settle down a bit and allow us to go the store.

For whatever reason i did not buy ANY diapers in preparation of the babys arrival and all we had was what we stole from the hospital....i felt like we were going to the store every other day for diapers until we wised up and started buying in bulk...smh

I think I'll actually end up packing on the light side. When I say bags, I mean one for me and one for DH. The hospital I'm going to literally has everything you'll need for postpartum care and LO. They say the only thing baby needs is an outfit to go home in and a car seat installed (which we did last weekend). That's it, so that's all I'm bringing. For me, one going home outfit will do. Aside from a few personal toiletries (tooth brush, deodorant, hair brush) the hospital has the rest. And I don't mind being in the standard issue gowns/underwear they give you there. Only thing I will need to buy and bring is a dark, cheap robe so I can walk around during labor without my butt hanging out and not worry about staining it with fluids.

I'll pack snacks for DH and they also said to pack a swim suit so he can help me in the shower during labor. Apparently they don't mind naked women, but aren't too happy about naked men in the delivery suite! LOL. Also a sleeping bag and pillow for DH since they say if they run out, the first people to lose blankets and pillows are the birthing partners.

Other than the standard camera, phone charger, and a couple other miscellaneous items, I won't be packing much at all. On top of that we live 10 minutes from the hospital, so if we forget something, it's not to hard to drive home and grab something (DH will have to stop by and feed the dog twice a day anyway).

Well I've got two happy updates, firstly my friend who had the ivf got her bfp this morning! I am really really pleased for her ;) I'm hoping mine is just round the corner as we always said we would be pregnant together x x

And the second is I went for a follow up appointment on thurs for my endo treatment and the doctor I saw was shocked that I have had four losses and no one is looking into it, so he did some bloods and wants to see me in 8 weeks time. So finally might get some answers or maybe some help with next pregnancy either way I figured it is good! He did recommend that I font get pregnant before I see him next but I can't bring myself to prevent it so just going to carry on ttc, got my opk's for this cycle as well so fingers crossed x x x

good luck nats, we are trying again this month after a three month break. good luck to you.

hope everyone is well :)

Nats - Wonderful news on your friend and EXCELLENT news for you!! I'm so glad you'll be getting support at your doctor's office now! That can only mean good things for your future!

Gemmy, so good to hear from you after the long break! Don't be a stranger! :)

Hello!

Linz - can't believe LO is nearly here!

Nats- sorry about this month, but so pleased the doctors are taking it seriously.

Leia-that's great that Finlay is doing so well, the smiles are amazing aren't they :)

Giraffes - I think I'm going to be the first in this group to make it to 40+ weeks! Seems like all you ladies who already had your LOs so far were going at 38 and 39 weeks! Gonna try to walk this baby out today! Haha, who am I kidding, she's happy as a clam in there.

Linz, good luck with the walking! Didn't help me get Maisie out but it did help me lose 2 pounds the last couple of weeks! :thumbup: I hope, for your sake, you don't go over 40 weeks, but I do think it's considered best if baby stays in at least 39 so maybe keep repeating that to yourself for the next several days. :haha:

Nats -- Very pleased for your friend and for you. :flower:

gemmy -- :dust:

giraffes -- how is B doing?

After much consideration and anxiety and frustration, I think we may have our name. As of last night, I've been convinced the only name that fits is Violet. It wasn't my first choice and I knew it wasn't hubby's favorite but I also knew it wasn't entirely out of the question so I brought it up tonight and we immediately agreed on a middle name. So, I think she may be Violet Isobel (possibly Isabel). Eleanor Olivia isn't completely off the table but something about it just isn't right. Violet Isobel immediately feels much better to me. Hope it stays that way -- I'm tired of agonizing over it!

Love it, love it, love it. I fully support little Violet Isobel! I think it's unique and adorable.

Linz - lots of sex if you can manage it :haha: that's what is prescribed over here!

Lil- live the name, big big fan of Isobel.

Julie- I like Violet Isobel the best! Yay for finally picking a name!!!

I think I'm still stuck on Samantha Ryan...

I think hubby isn't on board with Violet. I don't have to take him into consideration when naming our child, do I? :dohh::haha:

Aww!!! I love the name also! Hopefully hubby comes around :)

Linz, how are you feeling?

Nats, I'm very excited you'll be getting closely watched with your DR!! That's awesome news!

Gemmy, lots of :dust: your way!!!

Wishin, I love your name too!!

Hope all our mommies and their little ones are doing well!

Afm, sleeping is quite the challenge these days, my hips are incredibly sore. I feel like an old woman as I turn throughout the night. Cora has been kicking quite fiercely lately! I ordered her bedding and furniture last week! So excited for it to all come in! I can't wait to finally get started on her room. Friends and family are starting to buy things. I've gotten several little outfits! Soo cute :)

Well just wanted to pop in!

Xoxo

Haley! So good to hear from you! Isn't it awesome when you can finally start on the room? Now that I've had 2 showers and am off work I'm spending my days organizing the overflowing closet. Who knew babies had so much stuff?? And I thought my registry was pretty tame at 60-ish items!

I feel... well, I feel just fine now that I'm not trying to force myself up and down the hallways at work. Although today I managed to: organize Quinn's room, clean out my closet, do 2 loads of laundry, organize all the baby stuff in the living room to the baby's room, AND check my work email and respond to a couple calls from our sales people in the field today, searched for my camera for 3 hours, and started packing our hospital bags. I steam cleaned all the baby's bottles and my pump stuff and put together the drying rack and diaper genie. And I'm still not tired... I guess this is nesting? However, still no show, no plug, no hard contractions (still have the BH ones on and off - sometimes 15-30 minutes apart). So I'm still thinking this little girl is in for the long haul.

Eeeep, 39 weeks tomorrow, Linz! :happydance: I got all my crap done way early with Maisie and I'm very glad because nesting never really happened for me toward the end. I stayed up most of the night cleaning the night before my induction but that was really because I was too excited/nervous to sleep. Hope the nesting hits this time... and soon, because I feel like I have a TON of stuff I should do. But the problem is, I don't really have to do anything because we're already all set up for a baby. The only things I really should do are sidecar the crib to our bed and paint & set up Maisie's toddler bed & buy a mattress for it. But she's not ready for the toddler bed at this point so I'm using that as an excuse to be lazy. I may as well sidecar the crib now. It's not like she doesn't sleep with us almost every night lately as it is (my fault). :shrug: :dohh: And I guess I should probably bring out the little baby clothes at some point. Oh no, the list of what I actually have to do is growing! :dohh:

Haley -- I can feel sleep becoming a challenge for me, too. Not that I've really had a good night's sleep since the last time I was pregnant. :haha: But I'm finally to the point where sleeping on my tummy (my preferred sleeping position) is becoming pretty uncomfortable and I know when I start having to sleep on my side all night, the hip pain will start. Ugh.

And hubby likes Isobel but doesn't love Violet. He's trying to convince me to reverse it but I'm not giving in to Isobel. It's WAY too close to Isabella and is WAY too popular and I just can't stand it. :nope: He also keeps pushing Mary, which is my grandmother's name. I like the name Mary, but Maisie and Mary? Seriously? :dohh:

Hi girls! Been super busy at work the last two days but I can finally play online now!

Nats- I was hoping that your FB post meant that your friend's IVF was successful! Im super happy for her! When will you start with the OPKs? it should be soon right? Cant wait for your new cycle!

Hayley- I miss you! Check in more often! I cant wait to see what you come up with for Cora's room, make sure you post pics!

Linz- Wow...yea holy nesting! I have been nesting here and there but its coming in spurts. I spent 3 hours cleaning out the basement Saturday...and I dont know where the energy for that came from since I was at DS's bday party all day that morning

Julie- I dont think I have a lot to do because Im all like oh we already have all the stuff...but I am quickly realizing that I have TONZ to do. I hope this nesting crap keeps up because Im going to need all this super cleaning strength. I have yet to choose a nursery theme and crib...its the two big items I need to do right now so I can start saving up the $ to get it! I wish I liked the girl nursery crap a little more then Im sure Id be done.

AFM- I am 20 weeks now and so excited to be halfway done! Today is my DS's 4th bday..where does the time go? I keep tearing up all day thinking about how big hes getting. Im pretty sure he thinks im nuts since I sang him happy bday to a candle stuck in a muffin and then wouldnt let him go and kissed him for a good 10 minutes before I finally left for work. My sister's SIL also went into labor this morning...as excited that I am that her little boy is finally here (shes only 37 weeks though) I am bummed that my sister will now be sharing Braydens bday with her other nephew..who she is also a godmother to...so now she has two nephews born on the same day..and shes godmother to both...so weird. Its hard enough to see my sister since she lives in another state but now having to share their bdays will be an issue im sure since she will be expected at both parties... :( thats my whine for today. But anyways...so excited for my lil man...im about to go to his school to sing happy bday with his friends then we will ahve a special dinner tonight

later girls!

Thanks guys, wishn I started opk's yesterday but only got one line so guessing its negative! Think we gonna try and start bding tomorrow, but prob won't happen knowing the way things go! Oh is away tonight and at a conference tomorrow which is four hours away do will be super tired when he finally gets in, but what will be will be, cycle day 7 for me now x x x

Nats- yup one line is negative. Feel fre to post pics :)

AFM- DS was a super big brat yesterday...I have been swampped at work and home and yesterday I worked through lunch to be able to take him his cookies at school and ran around like a mad woman all day trying to make his bday special. In return he was super cranky and whiny and just really pushing the boundries. Had it not been his bday he def would have gotten a nice lil but whopping. The last two days have been really horrible for me...I have been so tired, but cant seem to relax...I jsut want to clean and organize everything, plus work has been soooo busy...I just wish I could sit and relax and not have anything running through my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->