I've got my anti-witch spray!

Morning ladies. Well I am still here. Started timing contractions last might and they were getting a little stronger than my normal BH, and for 2 hours were 20 minutes apart. However at that point I decided I around try to sleep and now that it morning they seem to have let up. Oh well, I'm just glad my body seems to be getting ready! If nothing happen this weekend I have an appointment Monday morning where they'll do an internal exam and tell me if I've made any progress.

Bummer Linz :( it def sounds like something is happening though...it shouldnt be long now!

Gemmy- fingers crossed...if it was IB usually you wont get a + until 3 days after.

Nats- how are you feeling? any updates on the OPK?

afm- I am hoping for some super nesting strength soon I have a lot to get done but dont feel like doing any of it. My DS was always so active and so far baby girl seems pretty laid back...i hope its the same in real life...but she worries me with the lack of movement

Not great Linz! Won't be long though ;) x

Wishn no change really, well there is but not at the time of doing it only when I return to it later on, they are getting darker though I spose, hope it hasn't happened already because we haven't even managed one bd! Oh Working tonight hopefully get one in tomorrow. O has got to be close! X x

Well ladies got a positive opk today! Well as near as and guess what??? The baby is poorly!! Been violently sick since last nite so chances of getting a bd in tonight are very slim!! I'm starting to think this just really isn't meant to be for us? Will keep testing and see if they get darker and hope for tomorrow but I'm not hopeful :cry::cry:,

How you doing Linz? How's sink cat today? X x

Nats, remember that an OPK can signal that ovulation is imminent in the next 12-48 hours, so even if you don't get a BD session in tonight, tomorrow may be just as good! But yes, try, try, try! Hope your baby is feeling better soon. :(

I'm still here. Been getting quite a few BH contractions this morning. They don't usually start getting regular till in the evening, so that's unusual. My back aches more than usual (it really hasn't hurt much at all the entire pregnancy), and I only slept for a total of 4 1/2 hours last night (heartburn plus wasn't tired). Other than that, no new news! :(

not long now linz... exciting times!! look forward to your announcement!!

nats - i know how you feel - the times at "that" time of month and dh and I don't manage it for one reason or not - you feel gutted - whether he be working late, tired, feeling ill... and i stare at my chart and hate the fact I missed that day but then you hear so many people who just did it once or twice - days after positive opk or before - you know you still have a chance. You just keep going. I too felt earlier like it was never gonna happen but then someone reminded me how long it took them for number 2 and I have been trying now for number 2 the same time number 1 took but will keep going as when it is ment to happen it will. I am spottiing af now so will be starting cycle 11 soon (cycle 14 but did not try for 3) but ds happened on cycle 11 3 years ago so I am crossing everything. Everything crossed for you as you approach ovulation :dust:

Nats- try to Bd whenever you can whether it be tonight tomorrow or the next day!

Gemmy- great attitude! Fingers crossed that 11 is your lucky number! I tried 9 months for #1 and 15 for #2!

Afm- MIL hates both names we are debating over... I kind of knew she would but I'm pretty set on Samantha now especially since I've been calling the baby Sammi since I found out it was a girl!

Did another opk this morning and it was definitely fainter so I really think I missed it, bbs have started hurting today as well so that's a pretty good sign! But what I have learned for next month is my opk's start changing about two days before I get positive, so if I try and bd around all those days next month then I've got to be in with a chance! So on to next month,
Still gonna try a sneaky little bd tonite though just in case lol x x

Wishn I like sammi, it's cute ;) x x

Nats -- Why aren't you temping? IMO, OPKs are pretty useless by themselves.

Nats - definitely sneak in a BD tonight if you can. OPKs turn positive BEFORE you ovulate, so today may be the day even though today's test is negative. They just say that once you get a + test, expect to ovulate in the next day or two.

Gemmy - The month I got pregnant was one of those "we only dtd once" type of things. Shockingly got a + OPK on day 10 at noon, bd that night, and then felt sharp ovulation pains the next day around noon. So Nats, for me, I ovulated a full 24 hours after my first + OPK.

Wishin - that's exactly why we aren't telling people the name. We did end up telling both of our parents, but we made it clear before we said the name that if they wanted to hear it, they were not to critique or give us their opinion if they did not like it because we were not changing it and that was final. I think saying that really hammered in that it was not up for discussion and that we were announcing the name early to them so they ought to feel privileged rather than make snide comments about it.

AFM - leaving now for my appt in a half hour! Hope I've made progress!! Ack, my blood pressure is going to be off the charts today.... o_O

Linz- I cant wait to hear about your appt! Fingers crossed something's going on down there! POST WHEN YOU GET BACK!!!

Nats- good luck getting a session in!

Gemmy- I BD 3x the month I got my BFP...2 of those times were the same day. We BD on July 6 and 8th...Probably O'ed July 9th (According to previous month..I didnt track that month)...got my BFP July 20th!

AFM- 21 weeks today! My next big "milestone" I am looking forward to is viability...

I am pretty sure like 99% itll be Samantha...DH has stopped arguing with me but hasnt agreed yet. I was prepared for her not to like it because...well shes just like that. So it did hurt a tiny bit but not as much since I honestly dont care if she likes it or not its MY kid, and she hated B's name when we first told her that too

Can't b doing with temping at all! Sounds far to stressful, what will be will be just have to trust that the big man is chosing my path for a reason and my time will come. I haven't actually had any pains, last month I definately felt them so maybe it's not happen after all like you guys say? Time will tell x x

Nats -- I didn't find temping to be any trouble at all. It takes 30 seconds. :shrug: Much more stressful to have to deal with tww after tww, IMO, but to each their own. I like to be in the loop and have some control over making it happen when I really want something, I guess. I don't think you should bother with OPKs if you aren't temping though. They don't even tell you for sure that you're ovulating. All they're telling you is that you're body is gearing up for it. You could get a positive yesterday and then negatives and get another positive in 4-5 days because you didn't release an egg the first time. If you were temping, you could confirm ovulation with a temp increase and then you could stop peeing on OPKs. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you know for sure to stop using them. Just because they're getting lighter doesn't mean they won't get darker and turn positive again, hun.

Linz -- Woot for your appointment! Excited to hear! Maybe they'll do a sweep if they can?

Sigh... well I am back from my appointment this morning and am only 1 cm dilated, my cervix is "unfavorable", baby is STILL not engaged, and we have set a date for induction on the evening of 11/28/12. So disappointed...

Linz - i feel your disappointment but things can change pretty rapidly now and its not long to wait for induction. Quinn will be in your arms in a week and a half. xx

Wishin - I love the name Samantha. Named our son Samuel after all the strong, powerful, wonderful girl Sams that we knew. xx

Nats - good luck hon. only needs to be a quickie :) xx

AFM - little man had first round of vaccinations today. not a happy boy :( . He got weighed, is 5.91kg in 75th percentile, and height is in 25th percentile - he's short and fat :). Really good for my kids as all have barely made 5th percentile in all measurements.

Nats/Julie- Well I used OPKs without temping, mainly because my sleep schedule would not allow my temps to be accurate. I did find though that paying closer attention to CM along with the OPKs did make a difference. If I COULD have temped I would have but I was rarely (and still am not) asleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I heard that messes the temps up. Anyway Nats, Id keep doing the OPKs I think it will still be a good indicatior

Linz- Yay for a induction date! It seems like as soon as LO knows they are getting evicted they decide to come on their own! Hopefully that works for you! I literally told DS that if he didnt come out on his own momma was kicking him out on 11/17...he of course had his own plans. Worst case scenario you have a date scheduled and its sooo soon!

Leia- thank you! POST MORE PICS!

First and G- more ics from you two too!!!

AFM- Work is still so busy...ugh!

I was temping when dd was 10-12 months old and definitely NOT sleeping through the night. I often got up with her 2-3 times and sometimes only got back to sleep for an hour or 2 before taking my temp when my alarm went off. Then, on weekends I just took it the first time I woke up so sometimes it was a couple hours later than I took it during the week. It may throw off temps a bit, but I saw a very clear jump the day after I ovulated each month for 3 months straight. :thumbup: I think the amount of the jump varies from person to person, so maybe I'm just lucky to have a big enough jump so that I can still see a clear pattern. I think it's at least worth a shot.

See? My temps are a little rocky pre and post O, maybe because of the sleep issue, but there's no mistaking O date!

Attachments

• fertilityfriend chart July 10, 2012.jpg
    fertilityfriend chart July 10, 2012.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
I temped for about a week religiously and my temps were all over the place even being taken at the same time...thats weird!

I guess my most helpful thing was my app that I bought because it gave me the option of entering different symptoms and sign in there and it drew the O date from the inforamtion I had provided. Some months I had more info than others but after long term ttc it was helpful to see that there WAS a pattern but that took a long time...temping would def be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->