I've got my anti-witch spray!

Wishin - I gotso excited when I saw Linz' status, keep checking it now for news!

Can't wait to hear from Linz!! Shouldn't be too much longer if he went into labor on her own last night!! Woohoo! Come on baby Quinn!! Make your appearance soon!

Me too! aaack! i keep checking and checking....i told her to tell her DH to tag her in everything in case he posts pics up we wont be able to see it since we are not friends with him...but we will if shes tagged in them!

So exciting. good for Linz going into labour before induction. thanks for updating on here, please keep me posted girls if you see on facebook. xx

LMAO...Julie I hope you go on your own this time and that she is on time

Our name debate has now led us to the name Alexis. I love that name and have always wanted to use it but two things are holding me back.
1. One of my good friends had a baby when we were like 21 and she named her girl Alexis. DH thinks its ok to take the name because my friend is now passed on and I dont keep in contact with her family.
2. I have been calling the baby Sammi for so long that I dont know if I can part with it or move on from the name

Heard from Linz a hour or so ago and they had broken her waters and she was at 5cm! So exciting wont be long now! X x x

Wishn I like alexis, I think it's very sweet x x

Isn't it great! I feel like y'all are my family and we've been friends for years!! Y'all are such a great support system!! I can barely take it! I can't wait to be updated about Linz and Quinn!!! Hehe

Wishin, I LOVE Samantha and even better the nickname Sammi! However Alexis is beautiful too!!! Either way you have a beautiful name :). Can't believe we are having all these girls :)

I can't believe all these girls either! My
2008 birth board was mostly boys lol

Had to go stalk her page!!

Quinn Anya was born at 5:45pm! 9lbs 4oz 21 1/2 inches!! She is beautiful!!! Pic is up on her page!! Can't wait to hear from Linz!!

CONGRATULATIONS Linz. Big kisses to you and your family and new baby Quinn. What a great weight - well done you xx

Here's a little one-year-old humor for everyone while we wait --

Last night, Maisie was obviously chewing on a piece of paper towel or something so I said, "Maisie, what do you have in your mouth?" She immediately responded, "Teeth!" :dohh: I'm in trouble with this one, for sure. :haha:

So I was just looking at the first page to see the number of boys and girls and spotted that it's a year to the day that we started this thread. And what a year! Some amazing highlights and some devastating lowlights, but I'm so glad I've shared them all with you guys

xxx

BIG congrats to linz - it is a new world when you hold your newborn in your arms. it is funny how quickly you can't remember life before they were here. treasure your time and memories x

Awww you are all making me tear up....so happy to be on this journey with all of you!

Linz- 9lbs 4oz! WOW! WTG GIRL!...Going to go stalk your page now

Hi ladies! I'm home from the hospital, discharged 24 hours after Quinn was born!

So the story is that we went in at 8 pm on 11/27 and when they checked my cervix to start the ripening process I was already dilated to 3 cm, 70% effaced, and having contractions 3 minutes apart but I couldn't feel all of them. I could only feel them 5-8 mins apart. So they sent me home and told me to call back at 6 am to see if they had an open bed to start the pitocin. I went home and cried and had ice cream. Then at 2 am woke up with STRONG contractions. By 3 am they were 3 minutes apart so I called L&D and they told me to take a shower, eat something and head in. We got there at 4 am and when they checked me I was 4 cm dilated so they admitted me.

Over the next 2 hours the contractions became unbearable and I was sobbing through each one. When they checked me I was only 4.5 cm and 95% effaced. I opted to get the epi and after it was put in my contractions slowed to 5 mins apart. They came in and gave me pitocin to get the contractions back to 2-3 mins apart and after the 30 minutes Quinn's heart rate dropped to 50 bpm. 3 nurses rushed in and started flipping me over to change positions and when her heart rate didn't come back up they broke my water and put an internal monitor on her. Eventually it did, but they stopped the pitocin and my contractions held at 2-3 mins apart for the rest of my labor.

By 3 pm I was at 8 cm but had an extreme urge to push, so they gave me a blocker to stop the feeling and at 4 pm I was a 10 with no feeling to push. By 5 pm it was back and push I did. At the very end she was almost out and the nurse started talking about how she was going to need to cut an episiotomy (sp?). As soon as she said that word I started pushing as hard as I could and her head was halfway out. Then my contraction died out and I didn't have another for 2 minutes. While she was halfway out her heart rate dipped to 50 again and the nurses started getting tense without trying to let me know. When she did come out her umbelical cord was wrapped around her neck once and she was not breathing. She was slightly blue and they placed her on my chest for 2 seconds, she kicked me, and they took her away and started pumping her with an oxygen mask like the kind for CPR. 2 pumps later and she was screaming like a banshee.

Nats, in the moment that they told me she was blue and not breathing I thought of you and your story about Henry and I knew it was going to be ok. I smiled and was calm even though it was a hairy moment and everyone else was rushing around. So thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing that with me.

As for the rest of the story, the girl has a latch that can strip paint off a car, she wants to feed all the time, hates sleeping on her own, but in spite of it I love her so much! It truly is an amazing journey!

Oh yeah, and my vajayjay feels like it got hit with a baseball bat.

Attachments

• 32307_10151253910908718_1972516795_n.jpg
    32307_10151253910908718_1972516795_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 151020_10151244086476839_954804617_n.jpg
    151020_10151244086476839_954804617_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful Linz, she's so gorgeous.

Sounds like it was tough for you. Thankfully everything turned out alright.

Enjoy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->