I've got my anti-witch spray!

Giraffes - I love that we've been here a year. Thank you all for sharing the journey xx

Beautifully told birth story Linz! I will be stalking for pics! She's so adorable!

Awwww Linz love ur story! And I love love love the fact that my story helped you to stay calm, actually bought a tear to my eye! (Don't know whàts wrong with me)
Baby Quinn is peachy and wow what a size! Well done you, love and cherish every minute Hun because it passes oh to quick!
So happy for you x x x x

Got my appointment thru for test results!! 3rd of Jan is judgement day! scared and excited all at the same time lol Cycle day 1 for me today :( but thats fine, feel like this is going to be my month! (how many times have i said that before??) Could get a bfp on Jan 1st!! wow what a great start to the year that would be lol xxx

Nats- it doesnt matter how many times you say it because soon it WILL be your month! Fingers crossed for you that you get a wonderful suprise for New Years!!!!

AFM- I am 23 weeks today and have a regular visit tomorrow (hb, weight, blood pressure, urine check etc). I am going to talk to Dr about baby movement. shes still not moving around a whole bunch and its just really worrying me...at 23 weeks youd think I d have more movement!

I am up 4lbs though...so I better start watching what Im eating!!

Nats -- Fx it's your month!

Cris -- I'll just say that my OB told me last week, at almost 21 weeks, "You'll start to feel movement every few days." Of course, I laughed at her because this baby is a wiggly nutcase and I feel her quite a lot (I think she's even wigglier than Maisie was, save my soul). Anyway, my point is that apparently it's quite normal to only be feeling some movement every few days at this point. There's a girl in the April thread who is 22 weeks and still hasn't felt anything at all! :wacko: I'd be losing my mind.

So, how's the name game going? I think I'm back to Eleanor but without Olivia as a middle name. :haha: I gave up on Violet because I don't think hubby is ever going to truly be on board with it. So now I think he has a problem with Eleanor (or, a problem again with it) because I mentioned the nn Nora and he says "Why don't we just name her Nora/Norah, then?" :dohh: It's so frustrating because he acts like he doesn't really like any of these names but then won't give me any real suggestions. He keeps saying Mary or Isobel or Olivia. NO, NO, NO! I will not have a Maisie and a Mary. :wacko: I will not have an Isobel with Isabella being the #1 name and I will not have an Olivia with it being like #4. May be stupid but I know I would regret going with any of those names. I wish there was at least one name I really loved so that I felt justified in fighting for it if he didn't like it. But Eleanor and Violet are just "meh" to me right now. I like them both but neither is just right. I hate naming girls!!!

The name issue is at a halt. I think I'm still stuck on Samantha but then ill start doubting it... But can't come up with anything better and DH has offered a suggestion or two but nothing ill consider... So we just don't talk about it. In my head I just still call her sammi

Well I'm doing my 1 hour glucose test in a few an I'm terrified that I'll fail lol

Wish me luck!

Good luck Haley! I told my sister not to eat or drink anything prior if you can. thats what I was told to do....I wonder if they will make me take it again...yuck!

I have my check up at 3pm..

checked with doppler again last night and it must have pissed her off because she started kicking up a storm afterwards. A few were even slightly visible outside. Haha

Oh good!! So she is moving more?? That's great!!

It wasn't terrible. I had fruit punch flavor. I don't drink sweets like that so trying to chug it was a tad yucky! I hope I pass! I should know within the next few days. My Dr told me if I haven't heard anything by Thursday then it means I passed. Seems they only call with fails.

A few more minutes til my next blood draw then this preggo is going get some grub :)

Ew, I hated the way the glucose test made me feel the rest of the day (but I passed last pregnancy). It was probably the fasting more than the sugar, though. :haha: I mean, I can eat like 10 cookies and be fine, so a little sugary drink shouldn't affect me much.

With Maisie, they told me not to eat anything but this time (same office), they told me I could eat some protein (she gave the example of a boiled egg) that morning before "if I needed to." :shrug: So I'll probably do that. I have had trouble with hypoglycemia in the past (not any time recently) so the test definitely makes me nervous.

I could feel that syrup crap going through ym veins i thought i might seriously pass out...i was sure i had failed! But nope...

If thye make me do it again I will prob do the boiled egg so that something is in my system and chug lots of water prior! i was sooo thirsty!

Haley- I think I got the fruit punch too! It didnt taste horrible just hte whole you gotta chug it thing was pretty gross. Glad its almost over for you!

Baby girl seems to move around only when aggitated....and she can be pretty strong. it just worries me because she wil literally go like 12 hours without moving and im like omg is she ok in there...ill have to poke around and shake my belly which im sure she doesnt like but i dont like thinking something is wrong either. i always tell her that mommy is going to start poking you if you dont move soon! hah

Apt was fine... She told me same thing that movement is t expected as much now hit to really monitor after 28 weeks.

I am also retaking the gd test jan 2nd....boo!

Yuck, sorry you have to do it again. I kind of thought you may have to but didn't want to bum you out in case you didn't. :haha:

Wonder why my gtt is earlier than everyone else's. I'll be 25 weeks. Last time I think I was 24.5. My doc likes shoving it in with that check up, I guess. Then I don't have to go back until 28 weeks I think. The holidays have gotten my appts a week off. Oh well.

I'm really starting to freak about how quickly this is all happening for me. It seemed like I was pregnant FOREVER with Maisie. I am so not ready for a newborn! 20 weeks ago, 9 months seemed like plenty of time to get ready. I think I mainly just worry about how Maisie will cope. I get so scared she is going to feel left out or unwanted. I'm also REALLY anxious about being away from her overnight when I'm in the hospital.

LOL Julie- thanks for not bursting my bubble...I kind of figured I was going to have to do it again but I was just hoping...At least this time they are letting me do it at their lab instead of going somewhere else...which makes it less of an inconvenience. I wil be 27 weeks when I get it done (OMG 3RD TRI!). From what I thought I read the GD test is usually done between 26-28 weeks.

As for how you are feeling about htis going waaay too fast..I agree. By this time in my first pregnancy I had my hospital bag packed, and everything I could do in terms of the room was done. I feel behind this pregnancy. I am also super worried about Brayden. I have had a few meltdowns about it. For 4+ years he has been my entire world...its just unimaginable to me that someone else can be loved as much as I love him. I know it will happen it just hasnt really sunk into my head how thats even possible. I too worry about how he will feel and if he will think that I love the baby more than I love him...I never ever want him to feel like that. I have tried to talk to him about it saying how much I will need his help and hes going to be mommys big helper etc...but I know hes not prepared for the shock of a new kiddo in the house. Especially since I will be tending to the baby.

As far as going into labor, I am constantly running scenarios in my head of where or when it will happen and where Brayden will be and who will watch him or pick him up and where he will stay...none of that has really been defined yet so I am just really scared of the unknown. Im sure as the time gets closer and I get of for maternity leave it will all kind of work itself out but Im a planner and I need to KNOW how it will be!

frustrating..

Linz - well done, sounds like you had a few hairy moments. How are you feeling? Can you believe you're a mummy yet?! How are the poops????

Haley - hope the GTT results are ok.

Wishin and Lil - how are the bumps?

Leia - Is Finlay enjoying the Christmas lights?

As for us, B is now 15lb! He's up on the 95th centile and growing so fast. I've packed away all his 0-3 clothes. We're getting better at managing his reflux, and the constipation that the gaviscon creates. Cranial osteopathy is wonderful, totally recommend it to you all. Swimming and baby massage continue to be big hits, and tire him out so I get lots done afterwards!! I've spent the last wee while writing our Christmas cards, so enjoying putting his name on them :)

Aww I love that you are putting his name on the cards...I wanted to do that but since baby girl remains nameless I opted not to :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->