I've got my anti-witch spray!

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA! I knew parenting would be tiring, but I had no idea it was this mentally and physically exhausting! I don't know how you ladies go back and do this a second time, after only a week and a half I'm ready to officially declare Quinn an only child.

Leia - your son is absolutely adorable! When did he start smiling?

Gemmy and Nats - good luck this month! fxd for you both!

Wishin - yay on Samantha!

Lilspy - any update on names for you?

Linz, don't worry, it gets better (or somehow different and more rewarding) and in about 8 months, the damn baby rabies will probably set in again (I type while trying to potty while Maisie squirts shaving cream everywhere :dohh:). And I know you are making up stories about that sweet little baby girl. She is sleeping peacefully in every single picture you post. :winkwink:

And no. No names.

Linz give yourself a chance Hun!! It Hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. It's a massive change and somehow it does get easier ( or like little says u just kind of get used to it) Quinn is adorable and you are looking amazing!! Looking forward to future updates x x x

thanks linz and can i say ds was going to be an only child it was the first thing i thought after giving birth. and then the first two-three weeks were the hardest of my life, i had never been so exhausted or had so little time and absolutely no time for just me. but because it is just the best time - something you will only have once with your baby when they get at least a few months old you just want it all again - with that added experience! i

I said it after Henry as well Linz lol, it was such a traumatic birth that i knew there was no way in the world i could ever go thru that again!! :rofl:
But here i am absolutely desperate for my fourth!!! in fact i actually said it after my second as well not because of the birth as she was easy just because i thought i was done lol :winkwink:

Gemmy are you in your tww now?? Like u said i'm hoping mine will pass fairly quick as there will be lots of distractions, although an easy christmas for me this year, last three years have been at my house and this year we're all of to my brothers so that means no cooking, not much food shopping, all i've got to worry about is presents and wrapping this year then a very relaxed christmas. (originally planned because i would of been 6 1/2 months pregnant) Kind of wish i was going to be more busy now as i have already set myself up to believe that this will be my month!! God willing, hope its yours to hun xxxx

Thanks ladies. Hearing it from you btdt moms makes me feel better. I just Ned to take this one day at a time, I guess!

Linz- Like everyone said it gets better! I dont know if you develop some kind of crazy amnesia that makes you forget all those sleepless nights, or if you get used to it but you def forget how crazy the adjustment is and will want another before you know it. Brayden was horrible because he had sleep apnea and reflux and I was constantly paranoid he would either stop breathing or choke on his spit up...I NEVER slept. You eventually become comfortable in a routine and one day she will be off to grandmas/pas house and you will be sitting on your couch wondering what the hell to do with yourself. Life as you knew it will seem boring and very unoccupied! lol

Leia - I LOVE THAT PICTURE! He is soooo cute!!! More more more! Baby pictures make me want to fast forward to March (even though I am NOT ready yet)

Gemmy and Nats - please keep us posted on your cycles! I want to cheer you both along! When are you both testing...opk etc?

AFM- 24 weeks today! I know they say thats when a pregnancy is viable but I hear its closer to 28 weeks...so thats my next milestone Im looking forward to! My hormones have really gotten the better of me and set DH and I into a nasty fight. We have barely spoken to each other in 3 days. It makes me sad that things are so tense between us but I think its better that we arent talking because neither one of us has anything nice to say right now. General fight was from me being crazy moody and attacking him verbally but I said I wouldnt be like that if he was more helpful and I wasnt crazy tired al lthe time trying to do it all on my own...well some not so nice things were said. Anyways, last night one of the only things I said to him all day was to go help DS pee before bedtime (he has a hardtime taking his pull up off) well when he pulled the pull ups back on DS he left his penis hanging out. DS peed EVERYWHERE...his sheets, pjs, sleeping toys, comforter..and of course I saw this when I checked on DS in the middle of the night and was the one stuck cleaning it all up as DH slept...that was just the icing on the cake and a perfect example of how useless he has been. I was LIVID. Boy did I let him have it this morning...we wont be on speakingterms for a nother few days im sure.

So whatever....on other news my christmas shopping is pretty much done I am moving on to the wrapping aspect. DH and I are in a fantsy football league every year and unless Tom Brady really stinks it up tonight I sohuld be in the championship game. If I winn that means I will be playing next week for either 1st palce ($1200) or 2nd place ($400) either way it means I can afford to pay someone to come paint the baby room and not depend on DH to do it because it ends up on my lap and frankly im too tired to paint a room right now...im already stuck removing the wallpaper from the previous owner. If I win the 1200 then it will also pretty much buy everything off my registry!! yay!

ok be back later to chat! sorry for the long post...needed to vent

Cris -- Happy V day! I understand it's a big day since before then the hospital won't even try to save the baby (supposedly... unless you lie. And I would totally lie about my due date if something horrible happened right now). But I think women breathe too big of a sigh of relief about it because just because the hospital gives the baby medical attention doesn't mean it's going to end well. I read someone say last week "Everything else from now on is just a bonus!" Um, no. If your baby were born now, they very likely wouldn't make it. I think you're right that around 28 weeks is when babies start having GOOD chances of pulling through with medical care. I remember looking it all up when I was pregnant with Maisie but I can't be bothered this time. :haha:

Oh, and sorry DH is being an ass. Mine is being weird. I feel like our relationship is just really crappy right now. :shrug: Just the same crap that we've had problems with for 6.5 years that never seems to change.

Julie- thank you! I totally agree that its when they will give baby a fighting chance but medically from what I hear they actually have a GOOD survival rate at 28 weeks. I would never ever wish my baby to come this early no matter how high I think the chances of survival to be...I think anything after 37 weeks would make me "comfortable".

Im sorry you and DH are having issues too...its very frustrating. I feel like DH has even been slightly more helpful this time around but then he went and blew it by saying what he said. I seriously wish I could hit him with a bat right now...yes, im literally beating the crap out of him mentally in my head with a bat...thats how mad I am at him.

we are both papayas! booo am i at the stage where i wont get a new fruit every week? no fun!

Yup, we're both there. From the looks of it, we only have 4 more fruits to go! :wacko:

So here's a poll -- US ladies, do you know how to pronounce the name Imogen?

I know that will sound like such a dumb question for those of you in the UK but that name is really uncommon here!

And, yes, lol, I know how to pronounce it. :haha: It's my name-flavor of the week. Hubby and I considered it for Maisie. Since we're getting nowhere with the names each of us likes (me with Eleanor and Violet and him with Ada, Isobel, and Mary), I suggested Imogen again last night. Like an hour later, he tells me Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's daughter's name is Imogen so I knew he had been scouring the internets about the name (which meant he didn't immediately veto it :haha:).

I just wish I could get on board with the names he likes. Mary is way too close to Maisie so it's totally out for me. Not budging there. I really like Isobel and Ada. I just can't get over the popularity of Isabella/Isabelle/Isabel or that Ada sounds like so much like "Ate a." I think Isobel goes better with Maisie and I know I'd call her Izzy which is too cute. It's just that everyone I knew with a super popular name growing up hated it. But then I don't want to go too far in the other direction (like with Imogen) that no one will recognize or be able to spell/pronounce and have her hate it for that reason. :dohh: TOO HARD!

I pronounce Imogen as "Ih-moe-jen." The I is like in the word "if".

Cris - sorry u and oh are not getting on :( hope things blow over soon and u stop dreaming of beating him senseless with that bat!! lol.
I'm on cycle day 8 so will prob start testing today, last month got positive on cycle day 12 but started changing 2 days before so i now no when it starts to change i need to get bd so i dont miss it i only had a positive for half a day, feeling positive for this month ladies!! fingers crossed xxx

I said it after Henry as well Linz lol, it was such a traumatic birth that i knew there was no way in the world i could ever go thru that again!! :rofl:
But here i am absolutely desperate for my fourth!!! in fact i actually said it after my second as well not because of the birth as she was easy just because i thought i was done lol :winkwink:

Gemmy are you in your tww now?? Like u said i'm hoping mine will pass fairly quick as there will be lots of distractions, although an easy christmas for me this year, last three years have been at my house and this year we're all of to my brothers so that means no cooking, not much food shopping, all i've got to worry about is presents and wrapping this year then a very relaxed christmas. (originally planned because i would of been 6 1/2 months pregnant) Kind of wish i was going to be more busy now as i have already set myself up to believe that this will be my month!! God willing, hope its yours to hun xxxx

thanks nats i really hope we both do it too! i wonder if i will want a third... maybe if i was younger. 35 next year.

i am now 3dpo according to my ff chart. it says i o on cd14 last Friday which is a few ddays earlier than normal for me. my testing day is currently sat 22nd Dec if i last that long. good actually as that is my work party and i will know whether to drink or not.

i hope everyone ok i need to catch up on this thread as i am a couple of pages behind...

Gemmy- fx for you! I hope you get your Christmas miracle!

Nats- thanks, DH and I are on the mends. He doesnt stay mad for very long and he just blows most of our fights off. Its convenient when its something dumb I did because he forgives me right away but when its a reoccuring problem its annoying because it never gets resolved, lol. Did you use a OPK today? was there a second line? Good luck getting DH to BD! Tell him thats all u want for Christmas! fx for you as well

Julie- I have a unique name only because its Brazilian. I grew up in the US with people not being able to pronounce it or spell it and its really annoying. I would pronounce it the way Linz said....BUT...I can almost guarantee that your daughter's name would be butchered her entire life. Spelling and pronunciation :(

Linz- how are you holding up? My biggest advise is to accept help! As a new mom I wanted to be the one to do EVERYTHING for my new LO (and still do) but I really sohuld have asked for help more...it would have made life a lot easier and me a little more sane

AFM- I made it to the fantasy football Championship! So I will either win $400 or $1200 come next week! Wooo hoo! Using that money to pay someone to paint the nursery for me and to fix some things around the hosue that are broke...DH is pretty useless with that stuff and will put it off forever. If I win the 1200 then I will use it to buy the nursery set I want! Im so excited!

Cris -- I think part of what bothers me so much about Imogen is that the name is quite old (Shakespeare!) and ENGLISH. What is wrong with this country? :dohh: I noticed in my polling that like the top half of the US and Canada and pretty much all of Europe seems to pronounce it correctly (or in a way that I deem acceptable at least :haha:). It's just the southern US (even southwest) that seems to be getting it wrong. The majority of southerners are pronouncing it Imogene. I really don't like the name Imogene. Taking off that last "e" somehow makes the name so much more refined/cultured/classy/pretty.

I guess it bugs me that people can spell their kids' names all kinds of jacked up or make up a name entirely and not think twice but here I am being concerned about how people are going to pronounce and spell a fairly traditional and classic English name. :nope: One lady on another thread was talking about how everyone misspells her daughter's name. Because her name is Lauren... but she spelled it Laurynn. And she's naming the baby she's pregnant with now Emily. Except she's spelling it Emmaleigh. That crap is totally the reason people can't pronounce or spell names like Imogen. Bah. I'm so frustrated. I may as well spell it Emmajen so at least then people will say and spell it correctly. :dohh:

Arghhhhh! I'm super bummed! I am 9 dpo today last nite I did opk checked it this morning and there is a feint line! Did another this am less of a line have done another this avo but haven't checked it yet as Henry is fast asleep on my lap! But it is looking as if ovulation has been and gone! Already?
So that would mean I oed on day 7 or 8? We bd on day 6 so this wouldn't leave me completely out but would defo lower our chances!
I was so full of hope for this month, why do things never go to plan for me????
Yes I am full of self pity!! It's not fair, not fair, not fair! (Stamping feet) :( x

Oh Nats :(

I hope you didnt miss it...

The first month or two i tested ridiculously early like starting at day 5 or 6 because 1. I wanted to make sure I wasnt one of those crazy early O day girls 2. I wanted to "learn" how to use my OPKs...if you have enough cheapies I would try starting a few days after your period next monh (if oyu dont get a bfp!) sounds like you are one of the early O girls!

Also, Id still try to get a bd session in tonight!

**HUGS**

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->