I've got my anti-witch spray!

I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time, hun. I had terrible AF cramps as a teenager that would make me vomit. At the time, my doctor just prescribed birth control pills. He didn't look into it at all; just kind of wrote me off like your doctor is doing to you. I took bcp on an off for about 10 years and stopped 4 years ago. My AF cramps are still very bad some cycles but I haven't vomitted because of it since I was a teenager.

I would suggest charting your temp if you're not. A sustained shift in basal body temp will tell you whether or not you're actually ovulationg. OPKs are a good predictor, but won't tell you whether or not you ovulate. Fx for you

Thank you for reply! No I haven't tried charting! What is that? I am totally new to this! Have you heard of any herbal remedies that may help? Did you struggle to conceive? If so what helped!? Yea my doctor suggested the BCP but as I'm TTC I haven't taken them.. Nice to know my symptoms may just be bad luck rather than anything serious that affect fertility! Xxx

Thankfully, I have not struggled to conceive. To the contrary, actually. I use fertilityfriend.com to chart my basal body temp and my other ovulation signs (like cervical fluid). There's an introductory course on that site that will tell you more than I can. The basis is that your basal temperature is lower pre-ovulation. Once you ovulate, the released egg triggers progesterone production which causes a rise in basal body temperature. You can see my chart in my signature here. That's from this cycle. I also used opks to pinpoint ovulation but those have been very reliable in my case. Charting has been very effective for me. I've heard of people using soy and vitex (I think) when they're having trouble ttc. I'm not 100% sure about either. Soy, I think, is "nature's clomid" and I have no idea what vitex does but I see people mention it alot on babyandbump.

Wow little spy that's great news! Well done you, so these things really do come in threes lol or maybe there's just something in the water lol x x x

Julie!!!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! I can't believe now I have two bump buddies!!!

This is so crazy! After sharing my weight loss journey with you now I get to share pregnancy with you? This is so awesome! Are u going to tell the
Mfp girls? Sooooo psyched!!!

Big big hugs!!!!

I'm going to tell them but I'll probably wait until I see the line get darker. Trying to hold my pee now (which is so hard when hormones are raging!) until 10 (only 3 more hours) to test again.

I'm feeling queasy already. It started yesterday and seems to be getting stronger. I hope it's just nerves. I'm kind of waffling back and forth between elation and panic that in less than 9 months I'm going to have 2 children under the age of 2. :wacko: :rofl: Which is totally what I wanted! :happydance: But very scary.

Lilspy!!! AHHH!!!!! You did it! WOW! I can't believe what a lucky month we are having in this thread! Congrats, congrats, congrats!! So so excited for all three of our April girls! I will go ahead and update the front page NOW!

Oh and by the way, my older brother and I are 1 year, 9 months apart and I always thought it was great. We fought when we were little, but once we hit high school together, we actually became friends and merged our two groups (I brought the guys, he brought the girls). Being so close in age meant we could talk about anything with each other and to this day we are still very close (heck, he texted me this morning to let me know they found their old breast pump and bottles me, lol). So while it may be a little more work for you, it was fantastic for us (and still is).

Oh and lilspy - I TOTALLY lied to my OB about my LMP when I called to schedule my first appointment because I ovulated on CD 11. I knew if I went by my real LMP that they'd push me out further and I wanted an accurate due date. Also, because I got my BFP on 11 dpo, I was only on CD 22, and I had a feeling they wouldn't believe me if I said I got a + pregnancy test only 22 days since my last visit from AF.

When I went in for my first US they said I was 1 day behind. At my 12 week I was 3 days ahead, and at my 19 week scan I was dead on my EDD, so I'm positive I was right.

Yay, I'm totally going to lie. :haha: I'm on CD 20 right now! If I used my LMP, my ticker would say I'm like 2 weeks 5 days pregnant. Right...

This baby and Maisie will be a little under 19 months apart.... well, maybe not if this pregnancy is anything like last. I'll probably go a week or more overdue. :wacko:

While I was pregnant with Maisie, I just knew I wanted them close together. I was 5 years apart from my brother and we were never really close, even though he "took care of" me :)haha:) when my mom was at work from the time I was like 7. I figure, I'm already in baby mode, may as well stay in baby mode.

There's 17 mths between my first two and I love it. They are so close they do argue but they are still really really close, that's why I wanted the next to close but am happy they won't b to far apart, my aim was for two under two, Henry will be 2 and 2 months when this ones born x x

I think all siblings fight. My brother was 5 years older and he used to like... hold me down and spit on my face and stuff. :dohh: And I can't even tell you how many times he locked me in the garden shed (because I was being super annoying). :haha:

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through first tri without puking this time. I certainly didn't expect morning sickness to kick in this early! It's not awful yet or anything but I had like 2 weeks between finding out I was pregnant and the start of morning sickness with Maisie. Lots of smells and food textures already triggering the gag reflex this morning. :haha: :dohh:

EEEEE I am still so excited!!!!

My sister and I are 17 months apart and we were always close. We are compelte opposites and hung out in different groups but we always have each others back. Its nice to always have somone to play with too haha. I was 6 years apart from my brother and I have no relationship with him really..its sad so I didnt want that for my DS and this baby but god had his own plan...they will be 4.5 yrs apart

YAY!!!!! It goes so fast. I can't believe I'm almost 10 weeks!! Time is just cruising! I can't wait to be out of the first trimester.. For more than just feeling nauseous! I can't wait to stop worrying as much! As time goes by each day makes me feel more confident but I know I can worry a little less once I'm out of the first trimester! AND I can't wait to feel better... I woke up yesterday feeling flu-like symptoms and this morning am stopped up and coughing.. I'm just glad this little bean is staying snug!! Hope everyone else is doing great!!!

xoxo

Yay Wishin! Grats on 5 weeks! I remember in first tri every week feels like a HUGE accomplishment because it is! So much is changing and developing weeks 5-12 with the majority of them happening by 8 weeks. I once heard a statistic that said if you can make it past 8 weeks and observe a heartbeat that you will most likely carry to term. The reason being because during weeks 5-8 the baby is switching on pairs of genes and if one of them gets messed up, well you know what happens... but if everything goes alright, then by the end of 8 weeks almost all of the vital, risky, and complicated genetic programming is finished.

So every week is a huge deal! And we'll celebrate them all in here! After 12 weeks the thing to look forward to is the 20 week scan, and then now I'm looking forward to my V-Day at 24 weeks, which is in just a couple days. After that I feel like it's just the home stretch waiting for birthday!

Haley - you should (or hopefully will) start feeling better soon! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Haley- Good to see you girl! Wow I cant believe you are 10 weeks already! I feel like we were just celebrating your BFP!!! I hope you start feeling better! I luckily never got sick with DS...my most prevelant symptoms with my first pregnancy was sore boobs and fatigue besides that it was PERFECT! I know how lucky I was so I am kind of scared to see what this pregnancy will be like. I know I cant get that lucky twice and have 2 easye pregnancies!

Linz- thanks as always for the info! I am so anxious to get to 12 weeks. I never worried about any of this with DS but with knowing so much more now about what can go wrong factored in with how long it took to conceive I just cant not worry. I hope I do relax after 12 weeks though.

I still havent gotten my betas back so I am anxiously awaiting those so I can schedule my first U/S!

Yay! I just called my old OB and they said they'll take me back even though I'm likely to have poor folks insurance (Medicaid). :haha: Hubby is a WAHD but.... hasn't made any money yet, so we're just making ends meet on my salary alone. Now that we'll be considered a family of 4, my salary is below the income limit so I'm pretty sure I'll qualify for pregnancy care (I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that, lol). I sure hope so because my health insurance deductible is $3000 and I think I've met like $100 of that so far this year. :wacko: I still owe like $600 on dd's hospital bill. Even with health insurance (and it was a lot better last time I was pregnant because I had a more expensive health plan!), I still paid like $4000 out of pocket for OB and hospital bills. Nuts.

Bit nervous they'll turn me down for Medicaid, but worst case scenario is that I can change health plans effective January 1 so I'll just have to pay the first few months of OB care out of pocket and that really should be all that bad. Less than $1500, hopefully, since I'd only be going once a month during that time +2 ultrasounds & bloodwork.

lilspy - Do they qualify you as a 4 person family if the 4th person is unborn? All I know is that I'm glad this lo is coming in 2012, because then I'll be able to claim her on my taxes for the full year while only actually having here here for one month of that.

I had a friend who was on WIC (I think?) during the birth of her daughter and everything was paid for 100%. They even sent a nurse to her home for a check up for free. I was astonished as I am paying $1600 per year for my medical premiums, plus the $500 deductible, plus 10% of the hospital bill for delivery ($1500-2000) and I don't get an in home visit from a nurse.

I definitely feel ya on the one income family, though. DH is going to be a stay at home dad and I have to return to work Jan 2nd after 5-6 weeks of maternity leave. We just can't afford to take more than that since California only covers 55% of your salary during maternity leave (my work covers 100% for the first 6 weeks).

Ok ladies i got a question for you all, according to the ovulation calculator i should of ovulated on either the 15th or 16th of july, but i know that cant be right for me as we only bd on the 8th and 9th so because thats a weeks difference. I have bought the first day of my last period forward by 6 days which makes me 5 weeks pregnant, Is this the right thing to do or not?? shouldi just go with my real day of period??
Only thing is with my last pregnancy exactly the same thing happened, they did my due date by my dates, then when i had my scan they bought my due date forward by 6 days, so im thinking im just an early ovulator lol?????
opinions please ladies xxxxxxxxxxx

Nats- Id just tell them your lmp...theyll move the date according to the scan anyways.

Ok girls, I had barely no symptoms then this weekend the fatigue set in on Sunday...and also diareah. I am getting awful cramps and gas pains followed by strong bouts of diareah...I figured it was a one day thing but I have spent the entire afternoon sitting on the toilet at work. The pain from the gas/cramps is awful and I get kind of dizzy and faint. Im trying to drink water to stay hydrated. Pretty sure that I need to work on not eating anything greasy otherwise this happens...anyone else have this happen??

Oh and they also called back with my beta:

14dpo- 146
17dpo- 789
21dpo- 3090

I have a u/s (vaginal) scheduled for Friday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member