i've ripped my toe nail off * sob & ouch *

D

DizzyMoo

Does anyone know what i can do, I kicked the corner of the wall about to come downstairs yesterday & ripped my baby toe nail off in 1 swoop, well the whole thing is attached by 1 little bit of skin but i can't get it off it's to sore.
There is a hole under the nail where it is very very red, & quite deep raw skin. It bled for england but has since stopped. What do i do? Can i put anything on it? Am i better trying to get this nail off as it's catching if i don't have a plaster on. Do i keep it covered because of infection risk?

Cant believe how sore it is & how manky it looks without a nail.

Hey did u get this sorted hun? if it was my nail i wuda left it how it was, clean it a bit and try put a plaster or ickle bandage on, then when the pain went, try & get the rest of the nail off (owchies!) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe see a doctor/chiropodist to get the nail removed and have it bandaged up properly. I've had my big nail off in an operation and it's pretty painful and not something you want to get infected.

as bad as it may seem you have to rip it off chic!
it's just goin to end up falling off at some point anyway.
& then put some savlon or other antispectic cream on it, & cover it when a bandage for a few days.
also bathe it in a warm solution of warm water & salt twice a day.
it'll start to grow back pretty fast i would think.

i always get ingrowing toenails & they are horrible!

Maybe see a doctor/chiropodist to get the nail removed and have it bandaged up properly. I've had my big nail off in an operation and it's pretty painful and not something you want to get infected.

I had both of my big toenails removed too Tilly, agony! So if its really bad i agree with you on going to get it seen to xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->