IVF 2019 chatter

Hello Arianne,

Good to see you back and great news that egg collection is soon. Unfortunately I cannot help on the exercise front as I was so uncomfortable during stimms that exercise wasn't considered. I would try and take it easy if you can.

4 weeks until your wedding...woah...congratulations!! What a busy time for you! Wishing you all the best

I am unsure of the size of my eggs at retrieval. They were from 20mm-5mm on the Friday and then my collection was 4 days later!

FTale - thank you. It's going to be a long wait for my call as they said late morning to early afternoon. I didn't have the best sleep last night thinking about it. Fx we have one to freeze!!

waiting...❤

I'm super tired from watching Lunar Eclipse last nighy...hehehe I'll live though.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:dance:
I know you are sooooooo happy!! 5 babies to implant!! Praying all the lil joys stay healthy and thaw out nicely when its time. HUGS

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:dance:
I know you are sooooooo happy!! 5 babies to implant!! Praying all the lil joys stay healthy and thaw out nicely when its time. HUGS

Thank you! Still in shock. We had just the 1 from our first cycle and now we have 5 possibilities!! Our clinic are strict on only 1 transfer for my situation so all being well we may start the FET end of Feb when I get my first natural bleed.

I can understand. Though with my mind set I'm wanting twins so I can have 3 kiddos running about. BUT with my cervix its just not a good idea.

For how long did you say you'd be away from family? I was figuring with a FET you would want some one home with you for a spell.

Are you nervous at all?

Hi girls!!! Love hearing your progress and updates!! @goingforit that is amazing about your 5 embryos! I hope I would get at least one to freeze!

@FTale I also would LOVE twins, but im petite so very worried about complications of having two babies able to fit into my tiny body. I am allowed to transfer up to two embryos though, but not sure if i will or just transfer one.

I went today for my checkup, and need to go again on weds, it seems the retrieval will be Friday.
I'm starting to feel my ovaries so bloated though, and terrified they will get too big :( they said though the follicles/eggs are still small so need more stimms, but that they are coming along :)

@goingforit How did you feel? is it normal to feel boated in your ovaries, when close to retrieval date? I hope it is :|

FTale - we haven't a clue yet how long we are here. Frustrating but even with transfer in March we may have moved before the birth and home isn't necessarily the next stop! A bit awkward but we can't let that stop us as we know it's not guaranteed to work so we have to just go for it. Obviously my eggs are here now too. They can be moved but would be easier if we tried whilst here.

Arianne - that's what we hoped for too. Do you remember what sizes they are? Try not to worry...They will have room. I was very uncomfortable whilst stimming too. They like to get as many as possible up to 20mm. I am sure I read that they are mature from something like 15mm. Don't quote me but it was a good range.

Eek...collection on Friday...good luck. Keep us updated!

Well, we will be here online for you!! We are everywhere there is wifi/internet..lol

How are you feeling today?

Edited: I am so craving coffee with creamer...ugh. AND I accidently consumed over 28gm of fiber this morning. Can we say diverticulitis uproar...ooooh bad move but I love my raisin bran....(sniff)

Last edited:
Arianne: How are you doing today? I forgot to mention that because of my age more embies would be implanted. Now that's saying I don't pay for pgs testing which is looking to be a horrendous amount. I'm pretty much for sure at this point I won't. We will be in enough debt as it is after all is said an done.

I'm sitting here at 6dpo hoping I'm pregnant so I don't have to worry about how much IVF cost..lol. That and I want to see a bfp :oops:

Ok, off to relax before I start making dinner.

I went today and not quite ready yet, i need to go again tomorrow. So now it seems retrieval might be Saturday.

Dr said she expects 1-2 embryos sigh!
I hope they can survive the freezing process to wait for me when im back for my wedding haha.
Because of this the Dr. didn't recommend i do the PGT-A, and to just let my body do the testing. Instead to put that money to another IVF cycle if needed (knock on wood!).

@FTale any new symptoms?! Soon you will be able to test and hope you get your bfp!

Arianne: Don't you fret. My friends docs didn't like hers' and she just gave birth to her. She made it just fine, early but she is here with us and the docs didn't like her as an egg....pfft. We will be praying for their safety. HUGS...freezing seems to be good for IVF from what I have read and seen.

I am just sitting here at 7dpo not knowing anything. My body is playing all sides of the fence. I've learned to expect bfn but be ready to celebrate a bfp in a heartbeat. The only thing really bugging me this cycle is my intestines...lol. They have been grumpy the whole while. It could be due to all the exercise though. I will find out this weekend when I test early like the patient person I am. :lol:

Goingforit congratulations! 5 is an amazing number!! I cant wait for your FET!

Arianne exciting times! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Good luck on egg collection. Im praying for a great number for you!

Ftale im hoping that you get your BFP and you can avoid IVF. I didnt have too many follies but i think the size of the leading one got too big too fast. I did respond well to clomid too. RE is changing around some of my meds so hopefully that helps the follicles to grow steadily together.

Im CD 13 so ovulation should be sometime very soon! Its our last shot before IVF.

Thank you dogmommy (cuties!!) I'm hoping so.

Will you be doing IUI or just natural with trigger? I had the issue with Clomid too. I think one cycle I had 9. And they were getting so big but the new RE wouldn't let me trigger because of a reaction I had to the prometrium but thought it was the trigger. Just short of breath which I didn't know at the time prometrium could mess with your lungs. It was my first time so I thought it was the trigger...lol..anyway can you tell I'm still heated over it? haha

But please keep us posted on what happens next. I hope this is it for you too!! I've got all year to try an drop weight and catch an egg on my own because they will work with me up until 43 or 44 I believe.

Hey :D

How is everyone doing? Just wanted to catch you up on me not getting a bfp this cycle..lol I'm still hopeful to skip IVF but not gonna let no bfn (all 3) stop me from having a glimmer of hope for 'some day'. Plus this coffee is soooooo good..hahah I needed it too.

I have lots to do today and this weekend so I may not be on here as much but I'm thinking of you all. HUGS

Hello,

FTale sorry to hear that...keep up your hard work and I hope that will pay off soon!

DogMummy thank you. Fx for this final cycle before IVF. I hope you are making the most of it!!

Arianne have you had egg collection yet? Have everything crossed for you! It really does only take one so please try and stay postive. Is there no chance of you having one back in this cycle?

I am still waiting for my bleed before I can ring the clinic to discuss our FET. It's been 11 days since collection so expecting it any day now! We then have to wait a natural cycle but have the consents forms to fill in and still want to find out more about a natural FET.

Baby dust to all xx

Hi girls! Hope you all are doing well!
I have a question, do you know what is the difference if an embryo gets frozen (day 3), rather than a blastocyst? (day 5)

My doctor told me that if he sees that my embryos might not make it to be frozen that he might have to transfer them now. Which was a shock for me that he decides without even asking me! haha, it is definitely not an option for me, so i declined. But I am wondering if instead they could just freeze them earlier, if they don't think they will make it to day 5.

Have you all froze yours at day 5? or heard what is the difference?

Hi girls! Hope you all are doing well!
I have a question, do you know what is the difference if an embryo gets frozen (day 3), rather than a blastocyst? (day 5)

My doctor told me that if he sees that my embryos might not make it to be frozen that he might have to transfer them now. Which was a shock for me that he decides without even asking me! haha, it is definitely not an option for me, so i declined. But I am wondering if instead they could just freeze them earlier, if they don't think they will make it to day 5.

Have you all froze yours at day 5? or heard what is the difference?

Hi Arianne,

Unfortunately they only freeze top graded blastocyst at day 5 as they have to go through a lot with the thawing process so I suppose it's because they have a better chance of survival. I had to have 1 blasto discarded as it was not good enough for freezing.

I've never heard of a day 3 freeze but know some clinics freeze on day 1. Is it a definite no to having them in early? They say that they have the best chance in their natural environment if they don't appear to be developing as well as expected.

Really hope collection went well? How many eggs did you get? Sending positive vibes to those eggs! Really hope you get something to freeze xx

Thank you @goingforit
I got 5 eggs, and today they called me saying 3 fertilized. So i have 3 embryos. They will call me on day 3 to let me know how they are doing... I asked if they could freeze it if they see they won't make it. In the end she said they would, but actually what you are saying makes sense, they would need to be strong to survive the thawing process, so I don't think i would freeze them if they don't think they will make it, what would be the point

Thank you @goingforit
I got 5 eggs, and today they called me saying 3 fertilized. So i have 3 embryos. They will call me on day 3 to let me know how they are doing... I asked if they could freeze it if they see they won't make it. In the end she said they would, but actually what you are saying makes sense, they would need to be strong to survive the thawing process, so I don't think i would freeze them if they don't think they will make it, what would be the point

Awww that's great news. I have everything crossed for your 3 embryos! It will feel like a long wait for the next call. How are you feeling?

Pretty gross but my bleed arrived on Saturday and is horrendously heavy! I really hope it doesn't last too long. We have booked ourselves a last minute holiday so won't be on here much from Thursday. I will be keen to catch up on updates on return! Called my clinic today and they were supposed to ring back but maybe tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->