IVF 2020 Chatter

@LadyVictoria ugh same! Mine starts when i wake up, was ending after dinner sucks! Ive been googling what to do, says to never have an empty stomach. I felt queasy shortly after Waking up today so started munching on crackers and hummus haha. Worked for me ☺️ No vomiting here either soo we are lucky! I guess!

Sooo u had my ultrasound today! Omg we are having twins!!!!! I cant believe it!! We saw the heartbeat, sooo cute!!! Baby A is 6w3d baby B is 6w4d heart rates in 130s!!!!

upload_2020-7-21_11-31-40.jpeg upload_2020-7-21_11-31-40.png

@Katzoemac OMG TWINS!!! :twinboys: What a wonderful update! They sound right on track with those heart rates. Congratulations, love! This is so exciting!

Thank you !! Omg cant believe it. First time in this process that i cried other than the beginning of shots haha!! Im so happy !

Ok ladies i have a weird question, so she said, she saw gestational sacs, and babies w heart rate. Which she did show me. I wws so excited didnt even realize i did not hear anything bout a yolk sac....should i be concerned? Im sure this is a dumb question....

Huge congratulations on Twins :dust:

I would say if you saw the heartbeats then you are all okay :thumbup:

Hey ladies, I would like to join this group for support. We been trying for our #1 for 5 years. I've been around ttc naturally but unfortunately my Gnae refer us to do IVF due to MFI and my severe PCOS. We had our first appointment on Monday, I don't think we were ready for the costs as medical aid in South Africa is not paying but we want babies. I am due to for Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy and D&C procedure beggining of August. My partner sent his sperm yesterday to freeze as he has thyroid problem, he still need to send more. I'm so scared but I can't wait for ET . We so excited to start this journey after 5 years of ttc.

KATZ........TWINS?????? OMG....:oneofeach: CONGRATS!!!!

Didn't see this one coming at all. Can you recap your betas and the first day you took a test and got a bfp? What test did you use? I have to keep closing my mouth.....rofl

Welcome Elek87!!

Congrats on starting a new journey so to speak. I hope it leads to a successful pregnancy. I know how hard it is to try for so long doing everything you know how and to still come up empty armed. I can say I have at least one little who is as tall as me know but still a babe ...heheh. I hope your partners sperm comes back good and your procedures go well too.

I have not had laproscopy but I did have a uterine biopsy along the way with everything else you can imagine and end state...IVF because nothing could be found to cause infertility outside of my age. The only thing I am on is growth hormone for my antral follicles which I don't think I need but because of my age the doctors wants to do it anyway. I'm coming up on a month and a half of taking the drug and after two months is when he says he likes to start IVF protocol but I won't know that protocol until our next meeting on the 4th of August.

Meanwhile, I am still hoping I get preggy this cycle so I don't have to pay for IVF at all...lol...I'm dreaming big I know.

Keep us posted!!!

@elek87 welcome! Very overwhelming process. Emotionally and financially, mine was not covered by insurance either :/ But will be worth it! :)
I had a lap hysteroscopy as well and it was not bad. I was supposed to be off work just for the weekend but my md ruptured my uterus :/ so became 2 weeks yikes. But still even w that, recovery was not bad. And im not scaring you, i was just one of the unlucky ones, as it wqs suspposed to only be 1-% chance of happening !
Anyway, goodluck!! Excited for your journey!

@FTale aghhhh i love how excited you are for me!! Thank you so much! You ease my anxiety away haha! Bec my whole fam has been cautious about excitement kind of makes me feel bad, but i understand them, it’s bec we have had mcs in the fam, not me tho, but my sis inlaws.
Anyway, im excited tho! Kind of scared w twins! I cant say Unexpected as we did transfer 2 embryos! Hehe, they were grade AB both, doc gave us 40-50 % chance of success.
I tested my hcg trigger, was negative i think 3dp5dt, then first positive i think was 5dp5dt with frer ☺️ Been testing since then daily w frer and were getting darker until it just couldnt get any darker lol.
My beta at 11 days post 5d transfer was 793, 48 hours was 1324 (67%increase) and then 1 week after that was 16,000 (Doubling time less than 48hrs) . So they seem
Higher than most but still, ive seen betas on this forum higher but w singleton so we didn't really expect it! We are happy tho! Just praying for safe pregnancy!! I have hyperthyroid and i just delayed my radiotherapy for next year bec we want a baby first, i cant get pregnant anymore for 1 year after That so this might be our last as im already 38 now. So, very happy for twins! Hopefully both stick till the end!

Let your babies feel all that excitement Katz!!! They need those feel good feelings. Life itself is high risk. But we can't go tip toeing around it just incase some thing goes wrong. Gotta be smart about things but live!! Celebrate your babies everyday in your belly then spoil them rotten when they come out.....hehehe.

Thank you for sharing with us. I feel so honored getting to be all nosey in your story. Its hard researching on experiences of others when google doesn't always give you the exact answer to your questions. Know what I mean? Hope so.:blush:

:hug:

Thank you for the warm welcome this journey can be very lonely as my people surrounding me want to stop having kids while I want one. That's also prayer getting pregnant before the whole IVF process lol. We just pray that you get pregnant soon and we all get to feel these miracle babies inside us and hold them. It's start to be real and scary but I can't wait. Baby dust you ladles
KATZ........TWINS?????? OMG....:oneofeach: CONGRATS!!!!

Didn't see this one coming at all. Can you recap your betas and the first day you took a test and got a bfp? What test did you use? I have to keep closing my mouth.....rofl

Welcome Elek87!!

Congrats on starting a new journey so to speak. I hope it leads to a successful pregnancy. I know how hard it is to try for so long doing everything you know how and to still come up empty armed. I can say I have at least one little who is as tall as me know but still a babe ...heheh. I hope your partners sperm comes back good and your procedures go well too.

I have not had laproscopy but I did have a uterine biopsy along the way with everything else you can imagine and end state...IVF because nothing could be found to cause infertility outside of my age. The only thing I am on is growth hormone for my antral follicles which I don't think I need but because of my age the doctors wants to do it anyway. I'm coming up on a month and a half of taking the drug and after two months is when he says he likes to start IVF protocol but I won't know that protocol until our next meeting on the 4th of August.

Meanwhile, I am still hoping I get preggy this cycle so I don't have to pay for IVF at all...lol...I'm dreaming big I know.

Keep us posted!!!

My fiance he already calling our millionnaire baby lol, dats true at the end will be all worth it. Knowing that there someone went through it and is good it's make my anxiety level little big lower, so it's help darling. Thank you.
@elek87 welcome! Very overwhelming process. Emotionally and financially, mine was not covered by insurance either :/ But will be worth it! :)
I had a lap hysteroscopy as well and it was not bad. I was supposed to be off work just for the weekend but my md ruptured my uterus :/ so became 2 weeks yikes. But still even w that, recovery was not bad. And im not scaring you, i was just one of the unlucky ones, as it wqs suspposed to only be 1-% chance of happening !
Anyway, goodluck!! Excited for your journey!

@FTale aghhhh i love how excited you are for me!! Thank you so much! You ease my anxiety away haha! Bec my whole fam has been cautious about excitement kind of makes me feel bad, but i understand them, it’s bec we have had mcs in the fam, not me tho, but my sis inlaws.
Anyway, im excited tho! Kind of scared w twins! I cant say Unexpected as we did transfer 2 embryos! Hehe, they were grade AB both, doc gave us 40-50 % chance of success.
I tested my hcg trigger, was negative i think 3dp5dt, then first positive i think was 5dp5dt with frer ☺️ Been testing since then daily w frer and were getting darker until it just couldnt get any darker lol.
My beta at 11 days post 5d transfer was 793, 48 hours was 1324 (67%increase) and then 1 week after that was 16,000 (Doubling time less than 48hrs) . So they seem
Higher than most but still, ive seen betas on this forum higher but w singleton so we didn't really expect it! We are happy tho! Just praying for safe pregnancy!! I have hyperthyroid and i just delayed my radiotherapy for next year bec we want a baby first, i cant get pregnant anymore for 1 year after That so this might be our last as im already 38 now. So, very happy for twins! Hopefully both stick till the end!
Congratulations with your twins , I laughing at fiance if I pay so we need to put 2 in there before appointment he was saying only one lol

Awwwwww twins :happydance: I am so happy for you. Biggest congrats. I really want twins, so I only have to do it all in one go.

@Katzoemac Very exciting! Congratulations again. And I'm sure their yolk sacs are there if they have heartbeats so I wouldn't worry about that at all!

@elek87 Welcome to the club! I wish you and your husband the best as you get started.

@FTale Keep dreaming big! I've heard of so many people conceiving on their own just before they were meant to start IVF. Not possible in our case but you never know, it could happen to you!

We had a couple scares yesterday, ladies. I honestly don't know how much more my husband and I can take. But I will say that our little blueberry is doing well in there and we are 7 weeks today. But here's what happened:
Yesterday I had horrible cramps (turned out to be gas, but still, it hurt SO bad) and some brown spotting when I tried to use the bathroom. I panicked and called my IVF Center and they were able to get us in for an ultrasound right away with a different nurse practitioner than the one we saw before. She really struggled with the ultrasound. She could barely get a clear picture or clear measurement of the heartbeat, then proceeded to tell us that our baby was measuring small and that the heart rate had dropped to 55BPM, down from 112BPM last Friday. I was so devastated that I couldn't even think straight, but thankfully my husband asked if our RE was in and to see if he could come down and take a look. Well thank God that he did because he found the baby right away and its heart was beating perfectly at 120BPM! We could even see the amniotic sac in some shots. Our doctor apologized profusely for the first scan and said he would speak with the NP. So we will be seeing him for our next ultrasound and that should be the last one before my OBGYN appointment on 8/4.

7-22-20 Ultrasound.jpg

Emotional roller coaster doesn't even begin to describe our feelings after that mix up, but we are just grateful that our little one is doing well. The spotting has stopped and my gas is much more manageable today thankfully. They said that the spotting could be from my cervix being irritated from my vaginal estrace and that progesterone can cause gas. So that helped to put our minds at ease.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"