IVF abroad

Plex

Reaction score
Hi :hi:

Quick question (as im just headed out to work)

Anyone ever considered going abroad for cheaper ivf (or been and done it)????

Ive just been looking at Gynem clinic in Prague - £1,670 for ICSI - and to think how much we could spend over here!! :wacko: seriously considering it (am I MAD????:dohh:)

If anyone looking into it (or already done it), id love some buddies - have to save up for it for a couple of years but at least its an option for us :thumbup:

Thanks for reading!

:flower:x

I'll join you watching any replies, Plex, if you don't mind :).
We have to shell out 12K+ over here for a round of ICSI so it might be worth it even with the flight and living expenses.

Hi Plex :wave:. I just want to say hi since the October thread appeared to be dead. Good luck!

I'm planning on going to Denmark for IVF.

I'm doing this on my own, so that does limit the countries I can go to. But Denmark meets my needs - they treat single women and have anonymous donation. And they are so much cheaper than the UK.

I emailed the clinic a couple of months back and got a helpful reply, but hadn't set a date so didn't go any further with it. But this spring, I will phone them and set up the initial consultation with them.

Morana - I agree, the costs of ivf/icsi are so damned high, i was reading about a 3 cycle package for £3,600 which is what we pay for 1 here, minus anything other than the icsi, like drugs etc :grr: makes me angry that we are exploited. xx

Heya ILT!! :hi: Congrats btw!!! :bunny::bunny: :hugs: I may ressurect that thread, if i can find it lolol xx

Caite - Hows r u getting on? Have u started the process yet? Im so nervous about even emailing any of the clinics as i dont speak the language :( did you find language a big barrier, if u dont mind me asking? xx

i currently have NO savings AGAIN (spent on furniture) im thinking of going down this route in a couple of years unless we have a large windfall money wise. I think we would HAVE to go abroad though, no choice its simply too expensive to try at home :( xx

Plex, 3 of my cycle buddies have just got their BFP from Serum in Athens, do have a look and research the clinic.

Xxx

Thank you huni :) I will have a look on their site :D How r u getting on? xxx

Thank you huni :) I will have a look on their site :D How r u getting on? xxx

All great with me!! I am being induced on Thursday so am all over the place emotionally, excited and petrified :wacko: The months have flown by and I can't believe it's happening!! Crazy times!!

Xxx

OMG!!!!!! Cant believe i missed this!! :hugs: Not sure how long the induction process usually takes but i hope uve had u lil one by now :hugs: dont worry bout replying as ure probably soooo busy AND tired! thinking of you hun xxx

ive been looking at gennet in prague for donor embryos now. hubbys just gone and burst my bubble on it all saying its this OR adoption. What if we fail or get refused what then??? Really cant risk loosing the adoption route but feel i need to try SOMETHING else!!

Confused.com :wacko: x

Hey everyone!

I've just finished my first my first cycle, and I was speaking to my parents today who reminded me that my uncle and aunty have an apartment in Barcelona ( that they don't live in or rent out) and so I just got a quote from the Eugin Clinic who cater especially for British people and the cost is £812 plus meds of between £600-800. Wowzers! Seriously considering it now!

I think that might have been IUI, ah sorry!

Hey Plex - I DM'd earlier - give him some time to digest. Maybe he will have a different take on it in a few days.

amoreamy - i wanted to say how sorry i am that you did not get your BFP - i was silently stalking the other thread. Its such a shock and so painful after such a huge build up. Do you have frosties?

I have to say that i would never do another IVF in this country - unless money was no issue at all. You mention Barcelona - i wonder how much the IVF cycle is there - i know lots of ladies do most of the cycling in the UK [scans around £100 each privately] and then fly over for EC/ET.

Amoreamy - so sorry about ur cycle hun :hugs: its great that you have somewhere to stay abroad if you do pursue treatment overseas. Ill give the clinic in spain a look :) xx

Blythe - :) spoke to hubby again last night and he seems to be ok with it now? talk about a turn around! im will reply when i get back home - feel an urgent need to have a mid-day pub visit :haha: xx

Hi Plex,

I have a friend who had IVF in Istanbul (she is Turkish though, but travelled over from the UK for the procedure) and she successfully conceived twins on her first attempt. I can ask her for the clinic details if you like. I think she mentioned it was about half to a third of the cost of treatment in the UK.

Hi, could you share the details from the clinic in Denmark? Thanks.

Hello ladies,after 2 failed ivf in Geneva I am considering going to embio medical center in Athens.already went for first consultation and it was fine. The ivf/icsi is 2,300 euros without meds..

Hi :hi:

Quick question (as im just headed out to work)

Anyone ever considered going abroad for cheaper ivf (or been and done it)????

Ive just been looking at Gynem clinic in Prague - £1,670 for ICSI - and to think how much we could spend over here!! :wacko: seriously considering it (am I MAD????:dohh:)

If anyone looking into it (or already done it), id love some buddies - have to save up for it for a couple of years but at least its an option for us :thumbup:

Thanks for reading!

:flower:x

So I'm in the US in the state of Texas where ivf with iCsi and PGD at the clinic we go to will be close to 20K. We have considered going abroad to Jordan where all of that will be roughly 4K. However we decided not to because the lost income from the time I'd be taking off work (and maybe DH) just wouldn't make sense anymore. Plus, I now have a relationship with my clinic so I would feel like a traitor.

I do know some people in my extended family circle who went abroad for IVF, however they're housewives with more flexible schedules than I

Hi, girls. I'll join to watch yr discussion, me considering poland, prices sound friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->