IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Congrats to all ladies who are PUPO. BTW what does it stand for. I understand it's for anyone who had the transfer and is waiting, right? I'm new to all this terminology.

Praying for healthy pregnancy and delivery for all those with BFP and hoping to see more and more of those.

I'm kinda blah this am. Been on the stimulating shots since Monday. Have to see endocrinologist to adjust thyroid meds Saturday as that is now bit off. Tomorrow is first ultrasound since I started stimming with meds. Part of me is feeling very pessimistic in that I won't show much progress or response. THe doc at the consult told me clearly IVF with my own eggs was a waste and not to even expect myself to respond to the meds. So yeah...feeling blah.

Been really exhausted and fatigued and resting every chance I get. I can't walk fast as I get out of breath. Doesn't help that I have a bad cold/cough that I am fighting and trying to keep from giving me fever etc. I'm sure that is adding to fatigue. Now dh is also sick, worse than me. And the first sperm analysis basis they are now adding ICSI to this IVF. So odds seem even bleaker than before to me...if that is even possible. Now it's not just my dear old eggs right.... Don't know what numbers for dh they are looking at as he hasn't spoken with them yet. another analysis tomorrow possibly. Will see if can add this to insurance approval at such short notice but trying.

Not feeling hopeful. First day or so I felt more bloated, not so much anymore. Not feeling much this am...so does that mean I'm not progressing and producing more eggs???

Wish I was home in bed instead of at work :(

Great news, Beneath! My first beta is tomorrow and I'm nervous! I know I have my BFP already, but Im still worried I won't have good beta numbers.

Ttc, have you tested yet?!

No I haven't.....I was going to this morning and I chickened out. Is it so wrong to live in ignorant bliss LOL

Congrats to all ladies who are PUPO. BTW what does it stand for. I understand it's for anyone who had the transfer and is waiting, right? I'm new to all this terminology.

Praying for healthy pregnancy and delivery for all those with BFP and hoping to see more and more of those.

I'm kinda blah this am. Been on the stimulating shots since Monday. Have to see endocrinologist to adjust thyroid meds Saturday as that is now bit off. Tomorrow is first ultrasound since I started stimming with meds. Part of me is feeling very pessimistic in that I won't show much progress or response. THe doc at the consult told me clearly IVF with my own eggs was a waste and not to even expect myself to respond to the meds. So yeah...feeling blah.

Been really exhausted and fatigued and resting every chance I get. I can't walk fast as I get out of breath. Doesn't help that I have a bad cold/cough that I am fighting and trying to keep from giving me fever etc. I'm sure that is adding to fatigue. Now dh is also sick, worse than me. And the first sperm analysis basis they are now adding ICSI to this IVF. So odds seem even bleaker than before to me...if that is even possible. Now it's not just my dear old eggs right.... Don't know what numbers for dh they are looking at as he hasn't spoken with them yet. another analysis tomorrow possibly. Will see if can add this to insurance approval at such short notice but trying.

Not feeling hopeful. First day or so I felt more bloated, not so much anymore. Not feeling much this am...so does that mean I'm not progressing and producing more eggs???

Wish I was home in bed instead of at work :(

SO sorry you are feeling so bad! It is hard enough getting through the stims but now to have to deal with a flu. Feel better hun!

As for your question, I would think no....remember your ovaries will move around in there and make room for more so if they have adjusted themselves then you might not feel as much pressure and bloating as you did. At least this is what they said to me. Good luck hun!

ps - I wouldn't try to look for negative 'signs'. My clinic by default offers ICSI and assisted hatching. I don't have any issues and still they offered both to me (I'm a single mom, which is why I'm doing IVF). It only takes one egg and one sperm. You already have several follies growing and you're bound to get some mature eggs from that. And with ICSI they can choose the strongest sperm to fertilize your eggs. I think you and DH should find something positive to do to help take your mind off all the negative vibes you are getting from your doctor. It might be a little hard with you both feeling so sick, but maybe rent a movie, grab some comfort snacks and cuddle on the couch this weekend. Relax and refresh.

ttcbaby117

I would want to live in ignorant bliss and not know too (at least that is what I feel right now) so I understand. Hoping for all positives for you! AFM, it seems at this moment my left side (looks like had more AFC) is back to being a bit "weird". So yeah spoke early ha ha...

Christie2011
I really hope that we get some good quality eggs. Quality over quantity right? DH has another analysis tomorrow. As for that negative doctor...well I see him again tomorrow for ultrasound to see the progress. I'm going in expecting more negativity from him. Planning on going to bed early today with DH. Both need rest and just cuddles. Have to wake up early for ultrasound tomorrow anyways.

PS, PUPO stands for "pregnant until proven otherwise" I felt some pulling and fullness throughout stims, and was only uncomfortable a day or two before retrieval, but it wasn't too bad.

TTC, I don't blame you at all for not testing, you are way stronger than I am, as I seem to not be able to wait, haha!

AFM, I had my beta today and my hcg level is 222! I am so happy, but still nervous. I had beta numbers of 148 and 350 at 14 and 16 dpo, and I still miscarried a week later with our freah cycle back in May. So I have a second on Saturday, and I may go in for another on Monday, just to ease my mind. I'm trying to stay calm and not freak out and be happy. I really want to just cherish every moment I get with this baby :)

PS, PUPO stands for "pregnant until proven otherwise" I felt some pulling and fullness throughout stims, and was only uncomfortable a day or two before retrieval, but it wasn't too bad.

TTC, I don't blame you at all for not testing, you are way stronger than I am, as I seem to not be able to wait, haha!

AFM, I had my beta today and my hcg level is 222! I am so happy, but still nervous. I had beta numbers of 148 and 350 at 14 and 16 dpo, and I still miscarried a week later with our freah cycle back in May. So I have a second on Saturday, and I may go in for another on Monday, just to ease my mind. I'm trying to stay calm and not freak out and be happy. I really want to just cherish every moment I get with this baby :)

222 is a great number, hun! I had a higher number with my fresh cycle and ended up being a BO. My numbers didn't double though, so doubling this time makes me feel better. I hope we get our forever babies this time <3

Wannabemom15
Keeping fingers crossed for you for all to go smoothly. I don't know much about HCG numbers etc but that does sound promising to keep seeing it go up.

AFM,
today saw same doc at clinic, first ultrasound since started stimming. blood work done, waiting to hear back results and instructions. Ultrasound doc asked how was feeling, told a bit bloated, he was happy that shows responding to meds as I need considering my low numbers and all. I didn't get much of what he said but he said it was still early. Saw I think 3 on one side. a few small ones on other. So i'm feeling like that is not enough? Says I may go back on Sunday for another round of ultrasound/bloodwork. Just feel he should've seen more, right?

Today have lower back pain :(

wannabe - great beta!!!

ps - what cycle day of stims are you? I only had 5 when I started mine last cycle and I caught up to 7, got 6 eggs, all fertilized and I was able to transfer 2 and freeze 1. So I'd say you're looking pretty good! you could have a couple more plump up!

Psalm, sorry your having a hard time. Keeping my fingers crossed for whatever you decide to do in the future.

Congratulations to our recent bfp-ers :happydance:

Good luck to those currently pupo or cycling :thumbup:

Im currently on day 14 of down regulation injections. Im on my 5th day of a very heavy bleed which I understand is good because it means the buserelin is doing its job &#128077;Not having too many side effects thankfully. I have my baseline scan in just over 2 weeks then I can finally begin stims xx

Today is day 9 of stims for me. They've lowered me to 187.5 gonal f and added 37.5 repronex and orgalutran. Yesterday I had 5 follies between 10-13 mm. Today I have 7 follies between 10-14 mm with a couple smaller ones under 10.

Wish2BeMom
Where are you in the cycle? Is this a new cycle for you? Sorry still learning about everyone here.

Today was day 5 on stims for me. My AFC count on cycle day 2 was about 8 total. Not sure if that counts for anything and what. Today saw 3 bubbles and he said that was one side, the other he mentioned small. Waiting to hear back from doc office. Not sure when they call.

I also think I messed up with one of the meds being in refrigerator. When I had class, I thought they said to make life easier you can put all ovidrel, gonal, and ganirelix in the refrigerator. Then I look at videos and handouts, they say that ganirelix is supposed to be room temp??? oh oh... I thought they said you could just make life easier and put those all in refrigerator. Waiting for doc call to find out.

Crystal8, those look like good follies, right? I suppose it's always better to go lower in meds if feel need than to feel they need to pump you up with more. Well that's how I would think... Don't know much though.

Wish2BeMom
Where are you in the cycle? Is this a new cycle for you? Sorry still learning about everyone here.

Today was day 5 on stims for me. My AFC count on cycle day 2 was about 8 total. Not sure if that counts for anything and what. Today saw 3 bubbles and he said that was one side, the other he mentioned small. Waiting to hear back from doc office. Not sure when they call.

I also think I messed up with one of the meds being in refrigerator. When I had class, I thought they said to make life easier you can put all ovidrel, gonal, and ganirelix in the refrigerator. Then I look at videos and handouts, they say that ganirelix is supposed to be room temp??? oh oh... I thought they said you could just make life easier and put those all in refrigerator. Waiting for doc call to find out.

Crystal8, those look like good follies, right? I suppose it's always better to go lower in meds if feel need than to feel they need to pump you up with more. Well that's how I would think... Don't know much though.

Yeah they're good follies. You'll find things pick up after more stims. They're lowering mine I think because we added repronex which is a stim as well.

started a thread for post transfer symptoms if any wants to contribute :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-post-ivf-dpt-symptoms-here.html#post35990759

hahaha I don't feel strong....more of a chicken as I don't want to see a BFN.

Wish2BeMom

More will grow and they don't always see all of them. Look at this as a ballpark figure. I think you are looking good!
started a thread for post transfer symptoms if any wants to contribute :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...-post-ivf-dpt-symptoms-here.html#post35990759

Great Idea Thanks!

AFM - waiting patiently for my beta on Monday, I haven't tested....It seems my OHSS symptoms are starting to come back. So I am having lots of ovarian pain. Other than that...I am just trying to manage my symptoms and make it till Monday.

I've been having fairly frequent cramping and some period like soreness since transfer. I decided I couldn't wait and POAS today. It was a : :bfp: :happydance:. Its still super early, but I got my ::bfp:: with my first (though fresh) IVF cycle at 4dp5dt too. Now I have to wait another week for confirmation from dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->