IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

So sorry ttc! I wish this could have been your baby. :hugs:

Christie congratulations to you.

Crystal, good luck tomorrow at ER.
Ps most ladies don't remember a thing of egg retrieval.

Just came back from Oregon and it was great. Paid my ivf off a few minutes ago minus meds and I am waiting for a call back from the nurse.

Christie: I'm also doing this on my own! I'm a bit nervous how did you find it being on your own? if that's not too nosey if it is I'm sorry :flower:
I'm still waiting for my consultant appt which is a week from today😊

Finally able to log on.... don't know what was going on all day.

Christie yay for bfp. Keeping all fx for u.

Ttc I am sorry. Big hugs. I know that doesn't take away the pain you feel.

Crystal good luck tomorrow! Let us know

Renaendel so when do you start your cycle?

Am again disappointed. Today's results on 10 day stimms was estradiol moved from 510 to 671, so bit progress. The size didn't seem to change much 1 at 15-16, other 17-18. Right ovary still out business with one small one around 12. And a cyst. So told to continue meds looks trigger tomorrow (well have to as out of meds and no refill ordered in time). So feeling disappointed that my only 2 follicles have slowed down, maybe after adding ganirelix.

Tried warm bottles today and more water.

Last night opening ganirelix and accidentally cut/scraped self with needle causing some cut, plus bent that needle so ended up wasting that one....

Ps57002, I start stims on September 5th! Got my calendar today and she did change my protocol to add baby aspirin and Medrol(methylprednisolone). I had been stressed about not having much help in the autoimmune arena and now I feel better. I am not sure what changed but I am glad it did.

Christie: I'm also doing this on my own! I'm a bit nervous how did you find it being on your own? if that's not too nosey if it is I'm sorry :flower:
I'm still waiting for my consultant appt which is a week from today😊

I love it! I adopted my oldest when he was born, stayed in the hospital with him and took him home from there. Then 7 months 3 weeks later my youngest son was born.

I guess the hardest part is when they are infants and not sleeping through the night. You don't have anyone to trade off with. I did a lot of co-sleeping with my youngest, who woke every two hours every night for the first 6 months to breastfeed. He had a porta crib in my room, but usually after the second or third time with him I just laid down with him. I didn't do that though until he was able to roll over on his own. My oldest didn't get up that often, but he was up once a night until just after he turned a year.

But being their favorite person and the one who gets to cuddle them every day and kiss their bumps and bruises away is awesome. I also love not having to debate with anyone about how I want to raise my kids.

Overall I found it easier than most people think it is, but that's probably due to my independent nature. It does get tiring though. My boys are non-stop. I have no idea how these little people can possibly have that much energy :)

Hi ladies,

don't know if anyone remembers me, I started posting in here a couple of weeks ago and then things went crazy at home so I haven't had chance to post again but I've just read through what I've missed to catch up with everyone's journeys.

Congrats to beneath and christie on your BFPs! If I have missed any more out I do apologise...

PS, how are things my dear? Seems like you've had a tough time with this cycle. Hope you're feeling okay. Don't be too discouraged that there are only 3 eggs, it does only take one remember! Keep that in mind when you're having a down moment.

Dizzy my fellow UK lady how are you?

I am currently waiting for my AF to show, she's due in about 6 days time then stimming begins. Starting to feel anxious and excited now thinking that in 4 weeks time we could be celebrating a BFP finally after 2 years

xxx

Renaendel, I start stims on September 5th too :thumbup:

Im on day 20 of Suprecur injections and day 11 of my bleed. It just doesn't seem to want to stop! Its fairly light/spotting but annoying the shit outta me!

Ttc, so sorry for the bfn :(

Christie, congratulations ;)

Retrieval today. Twilight sedation was fine. I felt no pain and was asleep for most of it. My clinic uses demerol and propofol, so the good drugs lol. I'm home with a bit of cramping now. They got 7 eggs. Really hoping we get a good report tomorrow.

Renaendel
Must feel exciting as you get to start soon (minus injections etc lol). What is Medrol for? I know they have me taking that after retrieval but nothing about aspirin.... I really hope I don't have any other autoimmune issues (other than thyroid) that get in way as nothing was tested.

tinadecember
Hoping that this cycle brings you a big fat Positive and your little one. I am nervous now. Going to trigger today, pending the blood test results. Some anxiety now about egg retrieval part. I hate sedations, being out of control etc. I've got meds issues....mini anxiety attacks. In past even a simple codeine cough syrup gave me an attack.

crystal8
7 is not bad at all. Hoping they are all good ones and give you a little one that you are hoping for. FX. I have to say my retrieval looks like on Saturday with trigger today and reading this made me a bit anxious. I really dont' want to remember/know any of it at all. I hate the medications themselves that make you feel out of control. Do you go in by yourself or hubby too? I wish my hubby was in there with me, not sure if he'd survive though...

So today they said lining is good. Left only 1 at around 13, 2 on right around 16. Don't want the left ones to wait longer as may not be good for them. I thought they were supposed to be 20??? I wonder if there can be any mature eggs in those little ones at 16-17. feeling down.

crystal - rest up hun! You did great! Lucky number 7

ps57002

Retrieval is so much better than I thought it would be. I too hate losing control. I have a fear of anesthesia. My clinic uses demerol and propofol, but he didn't put me too deep with the propofol because of my fear. My DH was allowed to stay.

What happened was this, I got on the special table. They put the iv in. I started to get a little light headed and sort of tingly feeling in my arms and chest. This was the only part that was a little off putting, I had maybe a few seconds of anxiety (the losing control fear I have) but then you forget why you're anxious. I had trouble focusing but felt very calm after that. Sort of like when you are just waking up from a deep sleep and you're only partly awake. I had a little bit of trouble following their requests (put your finger in the monitor, lift your arm for the blood pressure). Then I must have nodded off. I can remember a few voices, and some prodding down below and not much else of that 15 min. It was so much better than I was expecting. No pain and I didn't feel overly drugged.

I'm sure you will be fine. I was almost hysterical when they wanted to put me under for my polyp removal and hated that feeling of the general. This was NOTHING like that. :hugs:

:wave: Hi Ladies - LTNS
After the last chemical pregnancy, and with some craziness at work, I really haven't been all into TTC lately. Just letting time pass and haven't been thinking about things too much. That included being away from the forums - so I apologize for being so MIA.

I'll try to catch up a bit, but I hope everything has been going well for everyone! :hugs: to all those who have had a rough time of it and lots and lots of :dust: for those still chugging along through the process.

AFM - Tomorrow is the big day! FET number 2. FXed with lots of :dust: and [-o< that this is the one.

Crystal - good job with your retrieval!

Krissy - best wishes tomorrow with transfer #2, I hope this is it. How many are you going to transfer?

Ren -Welcome back!!! We missed you!

Afm -Beta came back negative so it didn't work. Looks like we will try transfer #2 (our last chance) in October.

Hope - We'll just transfer 1... we only have the this one left before we'd have to stim again.
Sorry about the negative beta :hugs: FXed for you in October. Here's hoping second try is a charm for both of us!

Hope :hugs:

I don't remember any of my retrieval. I know they asked me a few questions, then I laid back and was out. I didn't even remember the first time they told me my counts afterwards. They had to tell me twice.

Hi ladies! :flower:

I'd love to join your group as I've just had my FET transfer today. We have our beautiful rainbow baby from our last FET last October so I'm hoping for luck this time around too! It's very different this time around with a little one who's still nursing, but hubby and I don't want to wait too long! It took us so long to get baby #1, let's hope #2 goes much quicker!

I'm going to try to read back to get familiar with everyone's stories. I'm a little nervous to be back in the IVF game! :blush:

I hope everyone is doing well and hopefully the :bfp: roll in!!

Welcome 1daybabydreamer and how was your transfer?

Krispy- all the best with the transfer

Crystal- how many did they retrieve? Sorry if I missed it if you mentioned it.

Afm (what does this mean)

Today is my day 7 and I did a sonar, left side has 7 eggs and right ovary has 8. They are still small but the doctor says it's looking good and I'm on the right track. Endometrial was 5.4. The doctor said its looking good, I'm not too sure what it means. My next appointment is on day 10 (Monday) the doctor kept me on Menopur for the next three days and I'm taking an oestrogen tablet because of clomid side effects. I'm hoping that this is my lucky cycle and I get a BFP.

Welcome babydreamer, I'm new too! Sending you tonnes of luck for your upcoming cycle

Crystal - thank you for sharing your experience of the egg retrieval procedure. I am also feeling quite anxious about it all so your story has put my mind at rest a little. I think I'd still rather be put out completely but as long as there isn't any pain I don't mind being woozy

PS - not long to go now and you will be in your 2WW! Keep the faith my dear

CD26 for me today, AF is due any day now.. wish she would hurry on up so I can begin stimming!
Ladies can I ask... who injected themselves and who didn't?

My hubby had agreed to inject me because I couldn't imagine doing it to myself but after watching the instruction DVD last night on how to inject merional he's now said that he doesn't think he could do it either! We're a right pair aren't we haha!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->