IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Welcome babydreamer and tina!

N8ie - I was told when I got my scan 5 days before transfer that they were looking for my lining to be at least 7.5-8. So 5.4 seems on the right track to reach that.

afm = as for me (I had to look that up too)

afm - only a few days left before my beta. It's been a long, but very busy tww. My mom came for a short visit and redid (painted and new floor) one of my hallways, I drywalled and painted the stair well to my basement and then installed new carpet on the stairs too. Then my realtor came and staged and took pictures of my house yesterday and I still have a few outdoor things to do before I open my house for showing next week. I hope I'm able to get settled into a new house before baby(ies) get here. And my boys have time to get used to their new rooms. I"m thinking of separating them, they share a room now, but one gets up so much earlier than the other and my younger one likes to sleep in.

Welcome 1daybabydreamer and how was your transfer?

Krispy- all the best with the transfer

Crystal- how many did they retrieve? Sorry if I missed it if you mentioned it.

Afm (what does this mean)

Today is my day 7 and I did a sonar, left side has 7 eggs and right ovary has 8. They are still small but the doctor says it's looking good and I'm on the right track. Endometrial was 5.4. The doctor said its looking good, I'm not too sure what it means. My next appointment is on day 10 (Monday) the doctor kept me on Menopur for the next three days and I'm taking an oestrogen tablet because of clomid side effects. I'm hoping that this is my lucky cycle and I get a BFP.

I had 7 retrieved. I'm still waiting on the fertilization report. So so nervous. It sounds like you are having an great response to your medications!

Welcome babydreamer, I'm new too! Sending you tonnes of luck for your upcoming cycle

Crystal - thank you for sharing your experience of the egg retrieval procedure. I am also feeling quite anxious about it all so your story has put my mind at rest a little. I think I'd still rather be put out completely but as long as there isn't any pain I don't mind being woozy

PS - not long to go now and you will be in your 2WW! Keep the faith my dear

CD26 for me today, AF is due any day now.. wish she would hurry on up so I can begin stimming!
Ladies can I ask... who injected themselves and who didn't?

My hubby had agreed to inject me because I couldn't imagine doing it to myself but after watching the instruction DVD last night on how to inject merional he's now said that he doesn't think he could do it either! We're a right pair aren't we haha!

xx

I was offered a deeper sedation. It was more because of my irrational fear of propofol and my experience with my polyp removal that he offered a lighter sedation. But even so I felt no pain and I was definitely asleep but I liked it better because it felt more like sleep if that makes sense. I was woozy for a few hours after. I think that was the pain killer. And I didn't feel 100% normal until this morning. I know all this depends on your clinic and the drugs they use, but I spent a year worrying about this so I want to help other people feel less worried. There are so many horror stories online. I am the biggest wimp when it comes to pain and I had been having intense anxiety over the idea of retrieval.

In terms of injections. I am intensely needle phobic. I used to pass out after vaccinations or blood work.This has improved with exposure the last 2 years. DH did my injections last year, but this year he was sick when I needed to do them so I had to do them. At the beginning I did EMLA cream and ice. I also pinch the skin and dig my nail in to keep from feeling the pinch of the needle. My hand shook so bad getting the pen ready the first time. By the end I only needed the ice and pinching and I was doing all 3 injections every day. You can do it! I found it hurt more and bruised more when DH did it. Probably because I have more control over angle, speed, etc when I do it. You just need to get over the psychological part which can be hard, I know.:hugs:

N8ie - sounds like it's all headed in the right direction! I don't really know what all the specific measurements mean/should be, but if your doctor is happy that much be good. And AFM stands for As For Myself :)

Welcome babydreamer! FXed for your TWW! :dust:

Tina - I injected myself. I had always had my hubs do the trigger injections because I didn't trust myself to twist around and reach my butt at the right angle lol. But for tummy injections I feel like I have a better angle than he would. But usually I try to keep him near by for emotional support lol.

hi girls! sounds like there are some good things happening here! FX'ed and :dust: to all!

tina - I injected myself. We were going to have DH do it at first but he wasn't comfortable with his angle. Turned out to be not a huge deal after that first time. My trigger is in the belly too so I don't have to worry about butt shots!

crystal - 7 is great! good luck!

Nice work crystal! fx that most of the 7 make it.:thumbup:

Krissy, fxfxfxfxfxfxfx!

welcome babydreamer - I see you had 2 failed IVFs and then success on your FET. That is awesome and gives me some hope. I have had 2 failed IVFs and hope to start my FET in the next couple of months.

Well we got our fertilization report.

6 out of 7 eggs were mature
5 out of 6 fertilized. 2 from regular ivf and 3 from icsi.

Our next update will be Sunday. Really hoping some make it to day 5. [-o<

welcome babydreamer - I see you had 2 failed IVFs and then success on your FET. That is awesome and gives me some hope. I have had 2 failed IVFs and hope to start my FET in the next couple of months.

Thanks ladies!! ttcbaby, I think frozen transfers have a better success rate for women with failed fresh cycles because it's not as stressful on the body. at least that's what I've heard. I definitely prefer the FET cycle to the fresh! Fingers crossed for you and :dust: :hugs:.

Welcome to you too tinadecember, and thank you! As for the injections, when we started I was a real needle wimp. My hubby did all the stims injections for our fresh cycles when he was around, but it didn't take long for me to do my own and feel comfortable. When we did our first FET, my hubby was out of town for a week so I had to do my PIO injections in my bum. :blush: I actually found it was not too bad and hurt less than when my hubby did it, lol!

N8ie, my transfer went great! RE was super happy and he implanted our 5 day 95% survived blast A. We have 5 frosties :cold: left. Now the waiting :wacko:. Luckily, this time I have my toddler to distract me in the tww! Fingers crossed we are first time lucky this time around!!

crystal8, 7 is great!! Good luck to you!!

Ooops! crystal8, I just saw your update. 5 is a great number, it only takes one!! Fingers crossed for you!!

Well we got our fertilization report.

6 out of 7 eggs were mature
5 out of 6 fertilized. 2 from regular ivf and 3 from icsi.

Our next update will be Sunday. Really hoping some make it to day 5. [-o<

Great report!

afm - the stress brought on yesterday with my car dying 3 hours before the realtor was supposed to show up to my house and 2.5 hours before I was supposed to pick up my boys from daycare continues. After the service center told me they didn't have a rental (they usually do, which is why I use them), I had to figure out how to get to Enterprise and rent a car. I find out today that it needs a $4500 part just to get it running to see if there is anything else wrong with it. The car is 12 years old with almost 250k miles, so I will be car shopping this weekend. Taking two toddlers car shopping, I already can't wait until it's over. I hope my embie stays put and doesn't flee after all this stress.

One hatching blast successfully transferred :happydance: And this time they had no problem doing the ultrasound. Last time the nurse was pushing RIDICULOUSLY hard trying to image straight through my pelvic bone, I was sore for hours! DH and I feel pretty good about this one, the embryo was REALLY hatching in the picture, like there was a whole second little ball off the main group of cells, and when they did the transfer we got to see this little comet of light on the ultrasound screen. Sounds silly but we think it seems like he/she is all ready to get in there and start growing :dust:

crystal - congrats on your 5. That's still a really good rate with fertilization and everything. FXed for you for Sunday!

One hatching blast successfully transferred :happydance: And this time they had no problem doing the ultrasound. Last time the nurse was pushing RIDICULOUSLY hard trying to image straight through my pelvic bone, I was sore for hours! DH and I feel pretty good about this one, the embryo was REALLY hatching in the picture, like there was a whole second little ball off the main group of cells, and when they did the transfer we got to see this little comet of light on the ultrasound screen. Sounds silly but we think it seems like he/she is all ready to get in there and start growing :dust:

crystal - congrats on your 5. That's still a really good rate with fertilization and everything. FXed for you for Sunday!

Thanks. Congrats on your transfer! It sounds like a keener you have in there! Fx for you.

Christie - try and relax hun, no car is more important than that lil miracle in your tummy!

Hi ladies, have any of you heard of high E2 levels at trigger possibly affecting the implantation rate? I have been doing some research on this and have found many abstracts and journals which are showing huge evidence which states that level about 3000-4000 at trigger can hinder implantation. I am shocked at this discovery bc my E3 was 3400 at trigger and they almost had me do a freeze all bc I was showing symptoms of OHSS. In the end they decided to move forward but had I known that I would have insisted on a freeze all. Just curious if you ladies have any knowledge on this?

Christie - try and relax hun, no car is more important than that lil miracle in your tummy!

Hi ladies, have any of you heard of high E2 levels at trigger possibly affecting the implantation rate? I have been doing some research on this and have found many abstracts and journals which are showing huge evidence which states that level about 3000-4000 at trigger can hinder implantation. I am shocked at this discovery bc my E3 was 3400 at trigger and they almost had me do a freeze all bc I was showing symptoms of OHSS. In the end they decided to move forward but had I known that I would have insisted on a freeze all. Just curious if you ladies have any knowledge on this?

I have not heard of that. My e2 was 3555 the day before trigger with my fresh cycle and that cycle was a success.

Ttc, I am sorry I haven't heard anything about that.

Crystal grats on your 5!

Krissy, I do so hope this works for you this time.:hugs:

1babydreamer, you are updated on the front.

Sorry if I missed folks! Howdy again Tina.

I just put the go ahead to order my meds. Let the minor freak outs begin.:happydance::happydance::winkwink:

Hi ladies :wave:

Hope that your all going well :)

I am scheduled in for FET on the 26th of august and be transferring 1 beautiful 5 day blast! I'm so excited!! That I'm finally here and my official test date will.be the 9th of September.

Morning girls, thanks for your experiences of injecting. It does seem that most people found it easier injecting themselves. I guess if he can't do it because it's freaking him out too much I'm going to have to step up to the plate! It's getting that first one out of the way and breaking the skin that's the scary part!

Still waiting for my period, had some mild cramping yesterday so she's just around the corner but I think she's crawling rather than flying on her broom haha

Xx

Welcome to all of the new ladies!

Christie - congrats on your bfp!

Crystal - 5 embryos is awesome! Fx for lots of blasts.

Krissy - congrats on being pupo!

Ren - ooh exciting you're getting started!

Tina - I had DH help me out with the first injection and after that did them myself. It definitely hurt less when I did them myself.

MissCassie - good luck for your FET!

TTC - My RE told me that before my first IVF. I had to do freeze all cycles so I was worried about whether FETs work as well as fresh cycles.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, this thread is moving fast!

AFM - sorry I've been MIA. We were visiting DH's family in Europe for the past two weeks. I'm just waiting for AF so I can get started on my FET. I usually have really short cycles, 22-24 days, and now I'm on day 29 and it's like crickets over here :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->