IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Random question my friend who had icsi told me the other night that she was told embies don't like chocolate so try t avoid has anyone else heard this and if so at what point should you stop having it ?

Random question my friend who had icsi told me the other night that she was told embies don't like chocolate so try t avoid has anyone else heard this and if so at what point should you stop having it ?

Interesting! I never heard of that.

Today was EC and been napping on off all day, some pain. 4 follies, out of that one had cyst that was drained, one folly empty, so got 2 eggs.

Sorry I haven't been around as was feeling low. Wishing everyone the best and u all are in my prayers. This is so tough. If this doesn't work, gonna look at adoption. Dh doesn't want me going through all this again. I don't want to put him through all this again

Today was EC and been napping on off all day, some pain. 4 follies, out of that one had cyst that was drained, one folly empty, so got 2 eggs.

Sorry I haven't been around as was feeling low. Wishing everyone the best and u all are in my prayers. This is so tough. If this doesn't work, gonna look at adoption. Dh doesn't want me going through all this again. I don't want to put him through all this again

:hugs: I'm so sorry this process has been so tough. Fx that those two eggs are really good quality.

Has anyone switched clinics or transferred frozen embryos to another clinic? I'm so fed up with my clinic, but really don't want to have to start at square 1 with a new clinic. We only have 1 frostie left and then we are done.

Has anyone switched clinics or transferred frozen embryos to another clinic? I'm so fed up with my clinic, but really don't want to have to start at square 1 with a new clinic. We only have 1 frostie left and then we are done.

Yes I am thinking about doing the same thing. I feel the same way about my current clinic. From what I have found is that you have to speak to the new clinic bc they might not accept your frostie. Some don't if they feel the frostie isn't up to par. If they will you have to pay a fee and coordinate the shipping of them. I was also thinking of getting testing done on my remaining 4 frosted but I have heard mixed things on whether it is a good idea to thaw and re freeze them.

Let me know if you find out anything. We are seriously thinking of biting the bullet and heading to a more proven but way more expensive clinic like CCRM in Colorado or pcrm in Vancouver. They have much higher live birth rates and their embrie lab seems more cutting edge.

We still have 5 embryos. Two at 8 cell and three a little beyond that. I'm still on for a day 5 transfer on Tuesday.

I'm sorry you're feeling low :hugs: I hope your bfp is one of those 2. Fx for you!

Hope - one of my friends on here is switching clinics for her FET. She had to pay to transfer the embryos and then the new clinic charged a fee to receive and store them. It's worth looking into if you're not comfortable with your clinic.

Crystal - 5 embryos is great! Good luck for Tuesday!

AFM - AF finally arrived and I went in for my baseline blood work and ultrasound this morning. Everything looks good so I'm starting meds tonight. My transfer is estimated to be September 8th or 9th. I'm feeling excited and nervous all rolled into one ball of nerves.

I have not heard that. I wonder if it's because chocolate has a small amount of caffeine in it?

Sorry your feeling low. Praying those two eggs produce quality embies for you to transfer.

We still have 5 embryos. Two at 8 cell and three a little beyond that. I'm still on for a day 5 transfer on Tuesday.

Looks like you have some strong embies there. Congrats!

afm - Going to try to get my beta done today. On of my boys has a slight fever still that is holding over from the weekend and the other did not sleep well at all. I'm going to give the one some medicine to drop his fever long enough to drop the both off at day care, run to get my bloodwork done and then pick them up right afterwards. Then it's off to see if I can get my new vehicle. The service manager had taken it to the beach this weekend, so it wasn't there Saturday for me to buy it.

Crystal- 5 embryos, sounds good. All the best. Sounds exciting. All the best for tomorrow.

Ps- don't lose hope. All the best, remember it only takes one.

Hope- I know exactly what you mean about changing clinics. I always feel it's always a rush job at my clinic, no one really cares that much but I don't think we can afford to change clinics. All the best to you and I hope you find a better clinic.

Em-

Crystal- 5 embryos, sounds good. All the best. Sounds exciting. All the best for tomorrow.

Hope- I know exactly what you mean about changing clinics. I always feel it's always a rush job at my clinic, no one really cares that much but I don't think we can afford to change clinics. All the best to you and I hope you find a better clinic.

Em- the only time we look forward to AF. All the best with the medication. What procedure will you be using? Short or long protocol?

Afm- today was my day 10, it was my grandmothers funeral on Sunday 😔. I went in for a sonar and the eggs are looking well. The doctor says I have close to 20 eggs and both ovaries have big sizes and are responding well. Sizes range from 17 - 20mm and the endometrial thickness is 9.9. Wednesday is my ER (egg retrieval), I'm both scared and excited. I heard that mild stimulation produces higher quality eggs (I pray that's the truth in my case) I'm both excited and anxious. Tonight I'm taking my trigger shot at 21:30pm (pregnyl). Hoping that this is the one to give me my BFP and enough eggs to freeze.

Thank you all. I've been hiding in my cave here.

Had the ER Saturday. Bit of pain, and lots and lots of napping Saturday, even some sunday. Was told to start prometrium and endometrium yesterday. Realizing the leaky situations as a result and also that it makes me dizzy. Am at work today and nervous about dizzy spells.

Was told yesterday my two little sole eggies fertilized. I'm scheduled for a 5 day transfer. My place doesn't call with udpates unless something is wrong. So here I am hoping my phone doesn't ring at all..... I named them tiger beans and sticky beans and keep praying and sending them vibes to hang in there and be strong. Since numbers are so low, I really want them to both hang in there and be tough and keep striving despite all the odds and stats against them.

Cassie - I'm just a few days ahead of you. My official test date is the 4th :) Do you think you'll test at home earlier?

PS - :hugs: Best of luck. I definitely think the ER and next few days is the most stressful part of this whole process... But it's entirely quality over quantity so don't give up on those two eggies! It's a great start that they both fertilized and FXed for beautiful growth for both of them.

Em - best of luck with your transfer this cycle!

AFM - So crampy today! I remember being crampy a lot after the first transfer too, but I'm surprised to be cramping still three days later. Hopefully that means it's getting a really deep implantation and doesn't plan on going anywhere for another 9 months ;)

Ps- all the best and praying those two beans (tiger and sticky) will stick. All the best.

Krissy- sorry about the cramps. The 4th is not too far ahead. All the best.

Em- the only time we look forward to AF. All the best with the medication. What procedure will you be using? Short or long protocol?

Afm- today was my day 10, it was my grandmothers funeral on Sunday 😔. I went in for a sonar and the eggs are looking well. The doctor says I have close to 20 eggs and both ovaries have big sizes and are responding well. Sizes range from 17 - 20mm and the endometrial thickness is 9.9. Wednesday is my ER (egg retrieval), I'm both scared and excited. I heard that mild stimulation produces higher quality eggs (I pray that's the truth in my case) I'm both excited and anxious. Tonight I'm taking my trigger shot at 21:30pm (pregnyl). Hoping that this is the one to give me my BFP and enough eggs to freeze.

Wow, 20 on mild stimulation is phenomenal! Good luck on Wednesday :thumbup:

Ok, so is it normal to be getting these period like ouchy cramps out of nowhere. bit more tolerable right now, was pretty bad half hr ago. Now it's more one sided and to my side/back side. Using some warm compress.

At work, maybe got too busy and carried away. Is it leftover pain of the ER (was much better yesterday than this) or is it the endmetrin/prometrin thing that I'm taking...side effect. Should I even be using a warm compress?

Bit worried..... I haven't transferred yet...just the ER on Saturday.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother :hugs:
It sounds like you're responding really well even on low stims! 20 eggs is awesome! I'm doing a FET so just using estrace, medrol, and progesterone for meds. For the retrieval cycle I did a short protocol.

Em - best of luck with your transfer this cycle!

AFM - So crampy today! I remember being crampy a lot after the first transfer too, but I'm surprised to be cramping still three days later. Hopefully that means it's getting a really deep implantation and doesn't plan on going anywhere for another 9 months ;)

Thank you! Cramping is a good sign! Hope your little one is snuggling in:baby:

Ok, so is it normal to be getting these period like ouchy cramps out of nowhere. bit more tolerable right now, was pretty bad half hr ago. Now it's more one sided and to my side/back side. Using some warm compress.

At work, maybe got too busy and carried away. Is it leftover pain of the ER (was much better yesterday than this) or is it the endmetrin/prometrin thing that I'm taking...side effect. Should I even be using a warm compress?

Bit worried..... I haven't transferred yet...just the ER on Saturday.

I had this after all of my retrievals. There was just a ton of soreness and cramps, especially when I tried to do too much. Just take it easy and you can definitely use warm compresses to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->