IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Wish- still holding out hope for you.. your lining is great... you never know how the follies can respond in two days... xo

amanda- PUPO is the worst ever. I'm not there yet but I'm dying just waiting for my transfer!! I wish I had good advice to keep you busy but I was literally watching the clock each time I had been PUPO! Fx'd for you.. are you going to test early? I think it was the only thing that kept me sane but I know it also makes others too anxious!

BabyD, I definitely will test early. I'd rather be disappointed at home first, then at the docs office. Not sure when to start testing though. I forgot to test my trigger, I took it last Wednesday night, so not sure how long it takes to be out of my system. I'm definitely trying to keep busy though.....easier said than done!

thank you everyone - you're all so sweet. :hugs:

Interesting turn of events today - instead of the office nurse calling me, the doc did and said she's concerned about the slow growth and gave me 3 options:
1) continue with the meds and see what happens
2) cancel now and save money
3) try the IUI route

I didn't see a need to do #1 and she said that the next cycle, she's try Lupron and Gonal-F, so I'd basically be stuck with a few boxes of Menopur if we canceled. If we stayed with the IUI route, I would just continue with Menopur but no more Gonal-F (I just ordered 2 more pens yesterday - lovely!) but at least I could save those for the next IVF try if needed. Sooooooo - we're going to go for IUI this time, if all looks promising tomorrow. I'm kinda excited but trying not to be too much so. What a darn rollercoaster this is. From sad/frustrated to happy/excited all in a few hours.

Wish - wow, that's great! You never know, the fact that you are going to have such a strong ovulation from being on these meds might just do the trick. And your lining sounds like it's in good shape. Fx for you!

Amanda- at least if you start testing now, the line will only get darker if it worked! I should have stock in FRER by now with all the tests I've used! LOL

Wish- so happy you had some turn around and positive things result from this.. Seems like you are in the perfect situation for an IUI baby!! Good luck to you!!! xo

Congrats Em!
Congrats Amanda on being pupo!
Everything crossed for you Wish!
Just thought I would pop in to update you. I had my op yesterday. Whilst they were operating they discovered it have severe endometriosis. It was all in my pelvis, by my rectum, bladder and they think it's possibly blocking my tubes as the dye didn't flow through how it should. When they drained the cyst linking to endometriosis it was filled with old brown blood (they call them chocolate cysts) they took coloured pictures to show me everything. I've gotta wait for a follow up appointment to come through, they've told me it could be up to 12 weeks 😞 Id need another op to get rid of the endometriea but me having this shouldn't effect an ivf cycle so long as I don't develop any more cysts! I'm not sure which way round things are gonna happen now until I've been to that appointment. Will have to see what the doctor suggests. Does anyone suffer with endometriosis on here? Such mixed emotions here, I'm happy that after years of questions, I finally have answers. Explains why I had so much pain with my periods in my teen years, why I haven't been able to conceive naturally. At the same time it feels like yet another step backwards and more waiting 😞 xx

Hi girls,

sorry for my absence over the last week, I've just read through every post that I've missed. Jeez things move so quickly in this thread!

Renae - Have you tested any more? Any symptoms that are jumping out at you?
Wish - Great news about starting IUI, there is still hope! Sending you so much good luck
Congrats to all the ladies who have seen their LOs heartbeats this week! I agree, it's the most wonderful feeling in the world.

AFM - My period arrived last Friday after getting the very very faint BFP on the first response the day before. I think that it was a dodgy test because I did a final test on the morning that my period arrived and it was very very negative.
So I've spent the last week in hiding, not really sure what to do with myself and feeling a rollercoaster of emotions.
Good news though, I think I've now accepted that this one hasn't happened because it wasn't meant to be and can think about moving forwards.
I have my follow up appointment with my consultant on Wednesday, just 6 days time and I will have a long list of concerns and questions that I would like answering before we even think about using our one and only frostie.

xxx

Wish- all the best with the iui

Es89- you have been through a lot, thank God they found the cysts so they can remove them. It's not a setback per say, at least now you know what was causing problems. All the best

Tina- I'm sorry about AF, hope to see you soon in one of the threads.

Afm- tomorrow I will be 7 weeks pregnant, I'm still on the cyclogest pessaries. I have been extremely tired the past few days and have gained weight from being bloated and overeating (cravings) I have no complaints though.

My consultant has now 'finished' with me after my first scan and my next visit will be to a Gynaecologist. I'm in the process of changing and would like to know when should my next scan be? At 12 weeks? I don't want to go for unnecessary scans, only the important ones.

Wish- all the best with the iui

Es89- you have been through a lot, thank God they found the cysts so they can remove them. It's not a setback per say, at least now you know what was causing problems. All the best

Tina- I'm sorry about AF, hope to see you soon in one of the threads.

Afm- tomorrow I will be 7 weeks pregnant, I'm still on the cyclogest pessaries. I have been extremely tired the past few days and have gained weight from being bloated and overeating (cravings) I have no complaints though.

My consultant has now 'finished' with me after my first scan and my next visit will be to a Gynaecologist. I'm in the process of changing and would like to know when should my next scan be? At 12 weeks? I don't want to go for unnecessary scans, only the important ones.

Congrats at 'graduating' from the consultant! You may be offered a first trimester screening scan. I passed on this one. It should be done between 11 and 13 weeks. It can only give you a % of likelihood that your baby may have downs syndrome or something else (I forget). Then they would also take blood and do some genetic testing. It's not 100% until the baby is born though and I don't want to be worrying about something for the next 7 or so months when I may not need to.

The next scan is the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. This one I like getting. You get to find out details about the size of your baby, how they are growing, what percentile they are already at.

The only other one I had with my first pregnancy was about a month before my DS was born to check which direction he was facing. Apparently his bum felt like his head to the MW.

My next scan will probably be around 16 weeks to check the twins growth. I think they will check them every 4-6 weeks.

AFM - Yesterday was the last day of all fertility meds. The twins are now on their own and better stay firmly where they are and continue to grow properly. Can't wait to see if being off all the meds helps with any of the nausea or tiredness. Though I'm pretty sure the 19 times I have to get up to pee at night is not helping my cause.

Thank you Christie and yay for stopping the fertility meds, the twins will stay in place. All the best.

ES - I'm sure it feels like a setback but it's great the doctor found this issue and was able to remove it. I was diagnosed with stage II endometriosis during my first ovarian cancer surgery. Luckily the surgeon was able to remove it all and it did not affect anything going forward. I know how hard it is to wait but it's good you will be be starting your IVF cycle without this issue. I've read it can affect implantation when it's left untreated. Hopefully with the holidays coming up the time will fly by.

Tina - I'm so sorry :hugs: I'm glad you're not giving up and are ready to move forward. Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday and let us know how it goes.

Christie - congrats on finishing your meds!

N8ie - I was offered the first trimester screen at around 12 weeks and then had my anatomy scan at 16 weeks. Congrats on graduating to your OB!

Hey Ladies... So I just got my bloods back from this morning.. today is CD7 and my Estrogen level is 218 and my lining was 8mm... They're thinking of switching to the pills vaginally since I'm still so queasy. I forgot what this prego feeling is like... Makes me scared of hyperemesis again! Anyone know how my numbers compare? two more weeks until transfer and it feels like years away...

hi all! thank you for all of the well wishes! I'm excited - we should be triggering tonight or tomorrow night with the IUI for Sunday or Monday. i'm still waiting for my call from the blood work this morning. Man, my arm is busted - so tired of giving blood!!

ES - waiting is so entirely frustrating for me, I know what you mean. But how wonderful is it that all of that endo nonsense will be cleared out and you'll be fully ready to conceive!! i'm so happy for you that this will happen!

ren - how are you feeling?

tina - I'm so sorry for your AF showing up but am happy to see that you've come to terms with it. On to the next!!

christie - that's great about ending your meds! one less thing to worry about!

n8 - congrats on the graduation!!

I hope you're all doing well and have a wonderful weekend. I've got a date with a turkey baster ;)

BabyD - that all sounds perfect. I think my levels were about the same at CD7. Hopefully switching your estrace to vaginally will help with the nausea.

Wish - Fx for you!! You'll be pupo soon yay!

The wait is frustrating but there will be plenty going on the next few weeks to keep me occupied hopefully. Will take me a few weeks to recover from the lap, then we are having a refit at work and Xmas will soon be here 😊
Do you think the endometriosis will be treat first or they will let me go ahead with an ivf cycle? Xx

Es, I would hope they treat the endo first and give you a few months to heal. My understanding was that endo could affect egg quality so it needs to be as resolved as possible before starting IVF.

My cycle failed, my hcg was high enough that they tried to implant. They made it far enough to put out a little hcg and then didn't make it. Looking forward to November and the FET of my last egg.

Renae, so sorry to hear that your cycle didn't work out :( Sending big hugs.

Wish2B - Good luck with your turkey basting haha! Crossing my fingers that it all works out for you

AFM - I have my appointment in 2 days time to discuss what went wrong with our cycle and to arrange our FET.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->