IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Audrey still loves the mat. She started with just kicking the piano non-stop and staring at herself in the little mirror. After a month or two, she started swatting at the hanging toys. It's been a godsend at keeping her occupied if I need my hands free to do something (or I need to lay down and rest for a few minutes :winkwink:).
Well the playmat was a big hit :happydance: Kicking away at it like mad and whacking the dangling toys lol She got a little too enthusiastic at times and was kicking a bit high, but she seemed to get the idea :) I was worried at first it wouldn't work :/ It came with batteries in that had leaked in the battery compartment :( I had to clean it all up and find new ones but thankfully it worked.

On mode 1 does yours play music after they kick a note? I guess I assumed one mode would be notes only and the other music - but mine seems to play the note then launch into a piece of music lol

Yay! I'm glad to hear that it was a success! :thumbup: Our mat stays on mode 1. It does the same thing that yours does. Of course, if I push on the piano keys, it only plays one note. When she's kicking it, it plays a few notes before starting one of the brief little songs. You'll quickly become very familiar with the melodies. :winkwink:

Amazon has free return shipping for defective products here. If the same is true for your version of Amazon, I'd consider contacting them through the return section on the website and requesting a replacement due to a defective product (leaky battery) -- just in case it proves to be a problem in the future. I'd of course keep the current mat until the new one arrives, though. :flower:

I have mixed feelings about Christmas this year. It's typically my favorite time of the year, but I'm so sad that I have to go back to work next month. I'm trying really hard not to dwell on it, but the thought of not spending all day every day with my angel makes me want to cry. :cry: I'm still enjoying my time with my little girl and am making the best of the remaining time off I get to spend with her.
Enjoy your first Christmas together as a family and try and not think about having to go back to work :hugs: I am so excited about Christmas! I wish our house was more complete but we will enjoy it anyway :) I hope Izzy likes her presents as much as I do :haha:

I've fallen into the trap of buying way too many presents for Audrey. The downside of browsing on Amazon in the middle of the night or while she's napping. :dohh: I think she's going to love her new toys, though. She has no idea who Santa is, but we'll get to do a practice run this year. :xmas6::xmas16:

I'm now forcing myself to stop pumping at 1 hour regardless of whether or not I feel like I've emptied completely. I'm currently working towards pumping 3x/day, though I have to do the shift from every 6 hours to every 8 hours gradually or I'll get lots of annoying plugged ducts. :dohh: 160 ml is great -- I was barely getting an ounce or so early on. Even now, I'm only getting about 27-28 ounces a day, average about 200 ml (-ish) each time I pump (and that's with pumping for what seems like forever). I started out pumping for 15-20 minutes each time. I eventually figured out that I would get more if I went to 25-30 minutes and waited for another letdown before I stopped pumping. When I startd decreasing the frequency of my pumping sessions, I gradually had to start pumping longer each time in order to empty out. My milk supply has never been great, and I knew my supply would drop if I wasn't emptying completely each time. I don't want to stop giving her milk, but I won't be able to take long pump breaks during work, so I've been slowly trying to do things to gradually decrease my supply. It seems so strange given the hard work I went through to build it up to where I'm at (you name it, I tried it) -- especially since I'm only currently about 3-4 ounces shy of producing enough to feed the baby daily.

By the way, I can't believe my baby is 5 months old already! Where is the time going?! :shrug:
I take my hat off to you - exclusively pumping is hard enough but when you have a low supply and have to pump for an hour at a time, wow!

5 months already :kiss:

I know, I'm crazy. :wacko: I should be down to pumping only 3x/day by this weekend (every 8 hours :happydance:). I really need to decide if I will (or even can) keep this up when I go back to work. With the 3x/day schedule, I'd be pumping once at work. Not too bad, but an hour is a long time to be gone pumping. Once I get to the every 8 hours, I will start cutting the amount of time I'm pumping for, and then I'll see what happens to my supply and go from there. I have to be very gradual with extending the amount of time between pumps so that I don't get any plugged ducts.

dovkav123 - You're almost there!! :happydance:

Yay! I'm glad to hear that it was a success! :thumbup: Our mat stays on mode 1. It does the same thing that yours does. Of course, if I push on the piano keys, it only plays one note. When she's kicking it, it plays a few notes before starting one of the brief little songs. You'll quickly become very familiar with the melodies. :winkwink:
Oh I am extremely familiar with them :haha:

Amazon has free return shipping for defective products here. If the same is true for your version of Amazon, I'd consider contacting them through the return section on the website and requesting a replacement due to a defective product (leaky battery) -- just in case it proves to be a problem in the future. I'd of course keep the current mat until the new one arrives, though. :flower:
I am tempted I must admit, the main problem is that I ordered it to my mums house (as I am on crutches so can't take deliveries easily). I had to take the back off the musical unit yesterday as it stopped working completely :( I managed to get it working again but I am not sure we have a good version which is such a shame as she loves it so much! It keeps turning off randomly and I have to then turn it off and on again for it to start working.

I've fallen into the trap of buying way too many presents for Audrey. The downside of browsing on Amazon in the middle of the night or while she's napping. :dohh: I think she's going to love her new toys, though. She has no idea who Santa is, but we'll get to do a practice run this year. :xmas6::xmas16:
Oh I know - I have gone rather overboard too :blush: I can't wait to see her in her jumperoo though as I think she is going to love it :happydance:

I know, I'm crazy. :wacko: I should be down to pumping only 3x/day by this weekend (every 8 hours :happydance:). I really need to decide if I will (or even can) keep this up when I go back to work. With the 3x/day schedule, I'd be pumping once at work. Not too bad, but an hour is a long time to be gone pumping. Once I get to the every 8 hours, I will start cutting the amount of time I'm pumping for, and then I'll see what happens to my supply and go from there. I have to be very gradual with extending the amount of time between pumps so that I don't get any plugged ducts.
Three times a day sounds manageable, I hope it works out for you so that you can continue when you go back to work but even if it doesn't then you have done amazingly well to even get this far!

Wishing all you ladies a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope that 2015 is a great one for you all and your LO's :hugs:

my/baby/boy/was/born/on/the/sixth/of/january/in/the/birth/center/with/two/midwives.
fourkg500gr/57cm
natural/birth/in/the/water
15/hours/labor
I/lost/1liter/of/blood
I/stayed/in/the/hospital for/0ne/night
I/had/a/second/degree/tear
I/am/happy/and/super/tired

sorry/my space botton/is/not/working

how/is/everybody/else/doing?
We/have/no/name/yet/for/our/miracle

my/baby/boy/was/born/on/the/sixth/of/january/in/the/birth/center/with/two/midwives.
fourkg500gr/57cm
15/hours/labor
I/lost/1liter/of/blood

Congrats!! :happydance: Enjoy that sweet baby of yours! :hugs:

Happy New Year, ladies! It's been busy here with me back at work now. I'm back to getting minimal sleep again because I have to get up so early to pump and I now no longer get to crawl back into bed afterwards. :dohh:

Audrey is doing very well. She's 6 months already! (When did that happen?! :shrug:). She's sitting up on her own, we started her on solids, and she's babbling even more.

I hope everyone is doing well. :flower:

fourkg500gr/57cm
15/hours/labor
I/lost/1liter/of/blood

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little boy - you will have to let us know when you decide on a name for him :hugs: He was a good size too! Glad your birth went relatively well :flower:

Happy New Year, ladies! It's been busy here with me back at work now. I'm back to getting minimal sleep again because I have to get up so early to pump and I now no longer get to crawl back into bed afterwards. :dohh:

Audrey is doing very well. She's 6 months already! (When did that happen?! :shrug:). She's sitting up on her own, we started her on solids, and she's babbling even more.

Glad to hear both you and Audrey are doing well :flower: 6 months! The time is flying! It sounds as though she is doing really well :flower: How did she take to solids?

We are doing ok - Izzy is great, she is almost 5 months old, I honestly can't believe it! I am off crutches and into a boot brace now so am a bit more mobile, therefore I have booked some baby sensory classes which start in a couple of weeks :) I am still EBF but need to get her weighed again as the last time we weighed her she had dropped on her curve a bit. I am hoping to EBF until 6 months then I will introduce solids.

Glad to hear from you ladies!

Glad to hear both you and Audrey are doing well :flower: 6 months! The time is flying! It sounds as though she is doing really well :flower: How did she take to solids?

We are doing ok - Izzy is great, she is almost 5 months old, I honestly can't believe it! I am off crutches and into a boot brace now so am a bit more mobile, therefore I have booked some baby sensory classes which start in a couple of weeks :) I am still EBF but need to get her weighed again as the last time we weighed her she had dropped on her curve a bit. I am hoping to EBF until 6 months then I will introduce solids.

Glad to hear from you ladies!

Thanks! :hugs: She's been doing well with solids. We have been making / pureeing all of her food at home. She's still only getting a little bit in the evenings, and we will probably increase to two times a day soon. I wish there was a manual for doing this! :wacko: We started with sweet potato, which she enjoyed. We then did butternut squash, carrots, green beans, and yesterday she had banana for the first time. She wasn't a fan of some of the veggies (and made the funniest faces to show it! :haha:), but she's been great about eating everything we've put in her mouth. We decided to start with vegetables because I read that some babies will reject them if you start with (much sweeter) fruit. She gets so excited when she knows she's getting real food. :kiss:

I'm glad to hear that you are healing well. I hope that the classes go well and that her weight is where it should be. :hugs:

Hi girls!
Congrats Dovkav!!!
Disney and Serenyx - glad to hear your little girls are doing well.

Everything's going well here, still really busy with my little monkey (3 months old already!). Can't wait till she sleeps through the night - until then, I'll still be a bit of a zombie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->