IVF Cycle #1 - Anyone else?

I was on Menopur (but only 150) and Centrotide (I think 0.25 as well). I was on a low dose of Menopur because it looks like I have PCOS, so they didn't want me getting OHSS. I was happy with these drugs - they did what they needed to and I didn't really get many side effects. The first couple of days I had a bit of a headache, but that cleared up, and Centrotide can be quite itchy around the injection site after I did it, but it got better as the days went by, and the itching only lasted an hour or so (take the needle out slowly - that seemed to help). I got 11 eggs on 150 Menopur (5 of those were immature but that's my PCOS I think) so you should do well with a slightly higher dose. I'd be happy to be on those drugs again for cycle 2.

Thanks both. It really sucks that we were almost there and then it got taken away. I know the docs are going to tell me off for testing too early - but I'm glad I did. I've always preferred to know if something like this happens. At least now I know I can get pregnant and it seems my main (I hope only) problem is that I have poorer egg quality. Unfortunately that's not something that's easily overcome if IVF isn't working! One more shot at ivf... then I might see if I can be given clomid now that I officially have pcos (they won't give you clomid for unexplained infertility in the uk so I haven't had it yet). After that I've run out of options! I'm pretty tired of the whole thing tbh. Thanks for all the support :) :hugs:

Still got faint lines this morning (and still bleeding/cramping) so the clinic wanted me to have a beta test. Managed to get in at my local docs (to avoid the 1.5 hour drive to my ivf clinic!) and I should get the results tomorrow morning. Not expecting anything, but at least I'll know for sure tomorrow morning. Hope you're all doing well. Pbl - when is your beta?

MrsB, I'm definitely in the it's-better-to-know camp, in part because it's information, and information can be useful. There are different things they can do when IVF fails for different reasons. If this doesn't work out, your doctor might have different suggestions for next time. FX your beta comes back okay. As I said I've seen women here with lines coming and going in the early days, lots of bleeding, and everything turned out well. It ain't over til it's over!!! :hugs:

AFM, my beta isn't until Friday. :roll: So I actually tested yesterday (8dp3dt) and got two lines. :blush: Pics in journal. I'm not celebrating yet, because I don't really have any symptoms except cramping, and I know there's a good chance those lines could disappear and that cramping could mean AF is on her way. Just taking it one day at a time and trying to neither get too excited nor too panicky. :loopy:

OMG pbl, that's fantastic!! What good lines! I've seen so many people say that cramping is an excellent sign of pregnancy so FX for your beta on Friday!!

AFM my bleeding has kicked off harder. I just want to get on with it now, so glad I will get my result tomorrow morning. All my pregnancy symptoms have completely gone, so I don't think there's any chance of getting a good result tomorrow. But it's ok. I've accepted it.

Got my beta back - 14.63 at 14dp3dt. Not looking very good! I've called my clinic who I expect will want to do another beta just to be sure it's dropping and not going up. Everyone seems to get betas in the hundreds (or at least over 50) at this point. Hope you're all doing ok!

I'm back in tomorrow for another beta, so should know on Thursday where I stand. Looking at betabase.info, there were 8 out of 4,743 successful pregnancies that had a beta in my range on the same day. So I have about a 1 in 600 chance of still being pregnant. Not very good... but as my mum pointed out, much better than the 1 in 14,000,000 chance of winning the lottery!! How you doing pbl? Any symptoms?

Well, that's something, I guess! Hard to hold onto a 1 in 600 chance, though. :hugs: I do hope it's not an ectopic.

Very few symptoms here. Still skeptical, but got another strong positive this AM. Wasn't dry enough to compare to Sunday's test before I left, so will do that when I get home.

Dodima, are you doing any down regulation before you start stims?

I agree... 1 in 600 isn't great odds! I do find it comforting to know that I can at least get pregnant... unfortunately it doesn't bode well for future knowing that it's my egg quality that's causing the issue. But I'm glad I know what the problem is now - I hated the 'unexplained infertility' tag.

How did you end up finding out about your ectopic if you had no pain? The only thing I can find is that you're supposed to have pain on one side and bleeding. I've had normal cramping and bleeding - but that is what you'd expect for a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage. I think it's about 1-3% of people get an ectopic so hopefully it's not very likely. I think my beta might have been higher if the problem was an ectopic rather than a chemical.

It's great that you got a strong positive again. FX for your beta on Friday!! :dust:

@pbl I don't know what down regulation is :dohh: so I'll assume no. It just dawned on me today that I'll be starting in about 8 days. Have been saying for a while it's starting end of November but now it's crept up on me. Trying not to get too excited. :happydance:

Great news for you hoping it sticks for you :dust:

Mrs B hang in there. Stranger things have happened. Not sure if you are religious or spiritual but I believe in God and he has a plan for us all. :hugs::hugs: hopefully you'll get the news you dream of soon.

Thanks Dodima! No, I'm not religious, but I know a lot of ladies on here are and I know it helps them to get through all the difficult times. Thanks, doesn't look like it's going to happen this time (but as you said, stranger things have happened), but I'm just looking forward to finding out for sure. This waiting game sucks!! That's so awesome you start in 8 days! I guess if you're on the same drugs as I was then you're on the short protocol. It seems to be easier than long from what I can tell - I started drugs on day 2 of my cycle, had the trigger shot on day 10 and egg collection on day 12. transfer was on day 15. So basically it was all over and done with (if you ignore the horrible 2ww) in 15 days! Good luck!! :dust: :hugs:

:winkwink: :) :flower:

It's great that you are doing the short protocol. It was over a month of other meds before I started the stims. :dohh: Terrible! Check out my chart. :roll: The long protocol is supposed to be good for women with endometriosis, so I rolled with it. The down-regging is the Ganurelix/Cetrotide/Lupron stuff that sometimes starts before the stims, and which prevents ovulation from occurring.

I think. :haha:

Ok, so beta result from yesterdays blood test has come back - 3.8. I've stopped the pessaries and now to take a break. I think we will probably do ivf no 2 (and last) around May/June, but until then I want a break!

Pbl, good luck with the beta tomorrow, do you find out the same day?

Not long till you start now, Dodima!!

Wow, just realised it's the 14th... that's 2 years and 6 months of trying for us :/ (I know that's not a lot compared to many on the forums - but it still sucks)

fertilemrytle has been reported - it is just a troll trying to hurt and upset the people on the forums. Please ignore it. Some people have no life.

(post by fertilemrytle has thankfully been deleted -- thanks for the quick response B&B, much appreciated -- but I can't delete this message, so just updating)

So sorry, MrsB. :hugs: At least you can move on now.

Yes, beta is tomorrow. Does anyone know of a good set of norms charts? I know it will be positive, so just want to know how good it is!

Enjoying your last med-free days, Dodima? :winkwink:

betabase.info has quite a lot of beta results - I used it the other day.

Hi girls, mental busy with work so didn't get on this. Thanks so much for the well wishes. Can't wait for period to start so I can start my meds. For once I really want my period to start!!!

Mrs B have you ever tried Noni Juice. Tastes rotten, kinda like vomit, but it's meant to be a miracle fertility juice. Google it. Might be worth drinking while off. It's a shot a day in the morning before breakfast for you and him.

Pbl - how did beta go??

Lol, it's a weird feeling isn't it - wanting your period to start when you've spent all this time hoping it'll stay away!!

Eww, that sounds disgusting. I'm on it. :p Thanks, I'll check it out. Miracle fertility juice is what it's going to take I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->