IVF Cycle #1 - Anyone else?

Ooooh, good luck to you both!!! :happydance: Hope they get lots of eggs!

I've been freaking out bc I measured small at the first scan. :nope: Next one is Wednesday. Keep fingers crossed for me!

How are you, MrsB? :hugs:

Had EC today. Bit disappointed as we only got 3. Doctor said they were excellent quality is not to be too disheartened. Embryologist confirmed this and also said DH sample was perfect. Waiting anxiously on a call tomorrow on how many survived and fertilised.
Fingers crossed for good news. Just need 1 embie to make it.

How are you feeling PBL?
MrsB hope you're doing ok?.

how many follies did you have? our egg collection also went great, we got 12 eggs. not sure on quality of any. they said quality over quantity dodima..fx'd for you

Congrats to both of you!!! The hard work is over. And it's def qual over quantity. You only need one, and I've seen ladies have bfn after getting way more than the "ideal" of 15, and bfp with just one quality emby.

FWIW, I had a glass of wine between ER and transfer. It was lovely and may be your last chance for a while!! If not wine then do something else to celebrate!!

Hope we get good news from you both tomorrow!!!

:dust:

I was wondering that! lol. I had a pop ( since I hadn't been drinking caffeine) and ate. some junk food. I want to romp with my hubby but they said no! why is that?

Risk of infection. ER creates holes in vaginal wall. However, some studies have shown presence of semen helps aid implantation, so who knows. We followed dr's orders. :shrug:

Hi girlies,
Clinic rang. My 2 embies are thriving. 4 cell divided and looks excellent. Quality is still great. Going in tomorrow for transfer. Excited nervous and weird all at the same time.

GdaneMom- how are things progressing with you?

The only call on day 1, 3 and 5 I think. So I don't know, but yesterday they said that 11 of the 12 eggs were mature and ALL 11 fertilized :D

That's great that your embabies are doing fantastic!

Hey all, great news Dodima and GDane! Dodima - I had 11 eggs collected, but only 6 matured, and only 2 fertilised. That's great you have two thriving embies!! As everyone else has said, quality is what you're after :) And wow, GDane, great news on your embies too!!

Pbl, how'd it go today? I hope baby is growing nice and strong. Have everything crossed for you!!!!

Me - I'm okay. Just ignoring the whole infertility/ttc malarky as much as possible! Hoping hubby might have a job in the pipeline which would mean we could delay IVF #2 until the end of Summer which would be nice - I can't really face going through it again just yet... EC was the worst for me. Plus all those injections!

And the painstaking wait begins. I had 2 grade 1 8 cell embies transferred back in yesterday. Embryologist and consultant were delighted with the quality and very positive of them taking. The think there might even be a high risk of twins. I honestly don't mind. I would love twins but will feel blessed if we have one stick.

Had cramps today but do reckon it's the progesterone (and a little constipation, sorry TMI)
I'm already driving myself crazy and only on day 1 of wait. Doctor warned not to test before 27th December in case I get a false positive. Had hoped to know for Christmas but it'll be nice for new year. Fingers crossed...

Gdanemom- how are you?

Pbl, I hope you're not dead!! What's with your "mood" button?

MrsB: I'm so sorry to see about your chemical. Was that from this cycle?

Dodima: best of luck and lots of :dust: to you. I'll be right behind you :) Fx'd for a baby!!!

AFM: I've just been unmotivated to do anything to be honest. I had a little bit of a pity party for myself last night because my cousin (who is my clone) texted me and asked where we went to mexico last year. (We left around this time so it's sensitive subject right now) I asked why and they said they wanted to go somewhere in January. It just really got to me because we had to choose paying for vaca again, which we had money for OR taking out a very large loan to do fertility treatments....which obviously we chose treatments which I'm very thankful we can even do, but it just bummed be out because it's so unfair she gets a baby boy (had him in august) AND the vacations? Why do we have to choose?! It's just very depressing. And I'm eating everything in sight and have been so damn lazy.

I will be pupo tomorrow morning at 8am with two embabies then we're doing acupuncture and having a celebratory PUPO lunch. I tested to see if my HCG shot was out of my system and it looks like it's a long ways from being out so idk when/if i'll get a REAL positive. I'm a big ball of pain right now between my boobs, ovaries and butt...I'm limping lol. Stupid PIO shots.

I called yesterday to see how embryos were doing and they said they don't like to disturb them too much but they are all still growing :)

Oh no Pbl, I'm so so so sorry :'( :'( :hugs: sending you lots of <3 and :hugs:

GDane - I suspect pbl might not be on for a while - have a look at her sig to explain the mood button. And yes, my chemical was from ivf - first and only time I've been PG :( Yay for your start of PUPO today! I tested on 10dp3dt and got a faint positive... but wished I had tested before just so I could be sure the HCG had left my system.

Dodima - Yay to being PUPO!! I swear the tww went on forever with ivf! Hope yours goes by quicker :)

Hi ladies! I am starting day 8 of my BCP tomorrow morning. Im so excited and scared at the same time. I go in the last Sunday of the month to get my first set of lupron shots. I know that I will be testing at the end of january to see if my IVF is a success. Any and all advice is apreciated.

I'm not sure im in the right place or anything here I've never used one of these before but here goes.... I've had my first ivf cycle which has lasted a year due to be getting Ohss and it having to be stopped for a while, I had my first fet 3DT on 14th no and got a bfp 2 weeks later, I went for my first scan yesterday and they said they could see the fetal pole and yolk sac but couldn't see the baby so obvs no heartbeat, they did say they think they could see something on the very edge of the sac but not sure and could also see some bleeding around it but it could of been an old thing or a new thing?? I have to wait to re-scan next week on 27th dec, I am absolutely petrified and was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and it's all been ok?? I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all, I just don't know how I'm gonna get through this week!!

Hi BeckieLips - where are you now in your pregnancy? How many weeks/days? Sometimes they can scan too early to pick up a heartbeat. :hugs:

7 weeks 3 days hospital say I should be, I'm not sure whether that would be exactly right if it could of been a late implanted??

Hmm... I think they're supposed to be able to detect a heartbeat from 6 weeks, so even if you were a late implanter I would have thought it should have been picked up - BUT all pregnancies are different, all babies are different, so it may be everything is fine and your next scan will just settle your worries. It could be baby was sitting in a strange place so was difficult to find and therefore the heartbeat wasn't picked up. I am not a medical practitioner so my thoughts on this are purely from what I have seen on these forums. I would do your best to prepare yourself for the possibility that the outcome may not be positive. I'm really sorry to say that but I don't want to just tell you everything will be ok. I sincerely hope it is ok and the heartbeat comes through loud and clear on your next scan. Sorry hun :hugs: :hugs:

Dodima, how are you hanging in there?

How's everyone else? I got a bfn yesterday at 5dp5dt. Not very hopeful :nope:

Dodima, how are you hanging in there?

How's everyone else? I got a bfn yesterday at 5dp5dt. Not very hopeful :nope:

Hi Gdanemom. 5dp5dt is a bit early so hang in there. I found this weblink https://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer
Which says 9dp5dt is when the hormone is strong enough to detect.

I'm ok. One day I'm convinced it worked then I change my mind almost as quick. Had the worst headache and sore throat last night. Usually if I miss a meal or have no coffee I get headaches but I've been drinking 1-2 cups of coffee a day and eating properly. Went to bed at 10pm aching and exhausted. Woke up this morning feeling grand. No headache, no sore throat and boobs not as swollen or sore so thinking I'm out.
I should be 12dp3dt on Christmas Eve so hoping to test then. My actual day is 27/12 but would love to give a BFP as a present to my husband for Christmas.

Fingers crossed for you xxxx

I hear ya on the m ind changing every two seconds. thank you for the link :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->