• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF Cycle in August

I never slept much either last night & was awake early this morning for my scan.:wacko:

Feel numb as today my follicles measure 21, 17, 11 & three new ones were found which are under 10mm..why couldn't they have been growing on my ovary last week on day 8 of stimms?

Doc wants us to do EC on Fri even though realistically I'll have 2 follicles to work with, she did say there was a chance the 11mm follicle would grow to a good size by Fri so possibly 3 follicles (fx) but she doubted the other three under 10mm would grow much by then.

I'm feeling a bit emotional & have to go to work in a bit..had a bit of a cry as you'd think my ovaries would have responded better to the higher dose of Menopur + now fretting about how many eggs & their quality they will get on Friday!:cry:

Am trying to remain positive and keep telling myself it only takes one to get a baby..think this will be my mantra for now. :hugs:

Don't lose heart Honey - you have some great size ones and it sounds so promising. It's understandable that you are emotional but keep the faith! 3 fighting follicles are better than none.

I would feel how you feel but try and keep stress free and keep positive - them little follies need you to be smiling and strong. xxx:hugs:xxx

Lexus, stay positive hun... look how much they grew from the previous scan, get plenty of blood flow to the important areas and rest up for the next two evenings. It really is the quality of these eggs that are important. Its really exciting that you are having EC on Friday, good luck with the trigger shot x

I hope everyone is feeling better? I am the complete opposite at the moment and cant get enough sleep, I am also feeling quite calm i dont know if the acupuncture I am having is helping or i am just in denial about what i am actually doing? Give me a week and i'll probably have a break down lol!

Emmi/Baby D - how did your first simms go?

Stay strong ladies xx

Maybe the accupuncture is helping you sleep?? I am exhausted and feel like crying as I am so tired:cry:

The stimms is going okay so far - just hitting me now that it's all happening - all a bit eeeeek really!!!

Hope that you are okay too and all you ladies are having a nice restful evening. xxx

Lexus- i'm keeping everything crossed that you have a perfect embie or two to put back. xx :hugs:

Pinkie- Glad to hear things are going well. :flower:

Emmi- Glad stimms are going well :happydance:- i've got mine all prepared for 8pm!! Got Clexane to give myself too...

Attachments

• in.jpg
    in.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3
Lexus- i'm keeping everything crossed that you have a perfect embie or two to put back. xx :hugs:

Pinkie- Glad to hear things are going well. :flower:

Emmi- Glad stimms are going well :happydance:- i've got mine all prepared for 8pm!! Got Clexane to give myself too...

Oooo - always good to be prepared!! Hope it went well!! xxx

It wasn't too bad, i'm sure I will get quicker at drawing up the Menopur in time. 1 down, approx.10 to go!! The menopur was fiddly but easy to administer, the Clexane was prepared but stung when administered- can't win! xxx

Thank you for your support ladies, you give me hope! I've gone from emotional to being angry with my OH..oh well swings & roundabouts!:grr:

Praying for us all.xx :hugs:

Lexus, noone better than the OH to take it out on lol, they dont have to do much so they can get a taste of it!! Dont be angry hun be excited your big day is nearly here :hugs:

Emmi, sorry to hear you are feeling so tired. Get the hubby to run you a nice bath, give your feet rub then go to bed early and read a good book, i usually only last a few pages. Its a shame we cant have a glass of wine to help us nod off.

Baby D, well done on the first simms i am very pleased to hear it was easy to administer, phew! We are all going to look like pin cushions when we're finished.

Oh this is all very exciting :happydance:

Ha - trust me - my hubby is getting moaned at and shouted at constantly - just can't help myself!!! Totally blaming the hormones:winkwink:

Thanks Pinkie - I am lying on the sofa with hubby - he is massaging my feet and I feel cosy. But as soon as go to bed - it's another story. I read, listen to gentle music but my mind is a constant windmill!! A glass of wine would work wonders - especially a nice glass of merlot! That would have me asleep in no time!!

Have a good night ladies and catch you tomorrow. xxx

Ha - trust me - my hubby is getting moaned at and shouted at constantly - just can't help myself!!! Totally blaming the hormones:winkwink:

Thanks Pinkie - I am lying on the sofa with hubby - he is massaging my feet and I feel cosy. But as soon as go to bed - it's another story. I read, listen to gentle music but my mind is a constant windmill!! A glass of wine would work wonders - especially a nice glass of merlot! That would have me asleep in no time!!

What i would give for a glass of Rioja right now:wine:

What i would give for a glass of Rioja right now:wine:

Oh if only!!!! x

Hey ladies :hi:

How are we all? :headspin:

I don't know if it's the drugs or lack of :sleep: but i'm feeling a bit :cry: today. I am trying to keep myself busy so i'm not constantly thinking about the treatment... :shower::iron::laundry::hangwashing: But I am struggling as I start to count down days to the retrieval, which is moving ever closer. :help:

I am also worried with my low AMH and history of radiotherapy that I will have poor eggs :grr: and also keep getting worried about only transferring one embryo... secretly hoping it could be two.... :saywhat:

I don't know, maybe it's just one of them days... :friends:

Awwww Honey - I think what you are feeling is completely normal. There is so much to think about and no matter how positive we are - we just don't know the outcome:shrug:

Like you say keep busy and see all your happy and positive friends and family. I am seeing my best friend and her fiancée over the weekend - they are fabulous people and have a knack of making me feel okay.

And it's natural to have good days and bad days. Sending you big hugs. :hugs: xxx

Baby D, dont beat yourself up for feeling the way you do this something really important to you and unfortunately we have no control of the outcome so its only natural to feel emotional. There is only so much we can play with nature and I am sure you have done everything you can to give yourself the best possible change. This could be your time, have positive thoughts and be excited about what could be ahead for you. Big Hugs :hugs:

I am feeling a little emotional today, my AF is due to arrive any day so that explains it. I am seeing a friend tonight, she doesnt know about any of this so i am looking forward to being me again for a few hours (without the wine unfortunately), i can hopefully switch off for a bit.

Question: Do any of you have any good tips on how to take off the cap on these needles? I find them really tight and twice now i have stabbed myself in the finger when pulling it off, i then have to sit there for ages to stop it from bleeding before i can carry on, what a muppet! :dohh:

Baby D, dont beat yourself up for feeling the way you do this something really important to you and unfortunately we have no control of the outcome so its only natural to feel emotional. There is only so much we can play with nature and I am sure you have done everything you can to give yourself the best possible change. This could be your time, have positive thoughts and be excited about what could be ahead for you. Big Hugs :hugs:

I am feeling a little emotional today, my AF is due to arrive any day so that explains it. I am seeing a friend tonight, she doesnt know about any of this so i am looking forward to being me again for a few hours (without the wine unfortunately), i can hopefully switch off for a bit.

Question: Do any of you have any good tips on how to take off the cap on these needles? I find them really tight and twice now i have stabbed myself in the finger when pulling it off, i then have to sit there for ages to stop it from bleeding before i can carry on, what a muppet! :dohh:

Hmmm - must be your needles as I don't have any problems with them! Watch your fingers - ouchy!!!

Have a lovely time with your friend - it will take your mind of the whole thing for a couple of hours at least. And before AF - I was an absolute mess
so just take it in your stride. xxx

Big :hugs: to all you ladies..it's a tough time for us what with all the extra hormones we have inside us..one minute I think 'yes this is a positive step' & in the next I'm crying or angry and wonder why me. Distractions are good for me but only as a temporary measure, although saying that I was in the office all day yesterday I didn't have time to ponder..not much anyway!:dohh:

Regardless of our outcomes, we all are trying our hardest to have a baby that we truly deserve and I hope/pray/wish for a positive outcome for each of us[-o<

:hugs:

Hooray..no injections today!

Have to be at the hospital for 8am tomorrow for EC..I'm scared, nervous & excited all rolled into one & by the morning will feel sick!

Even though I'm not plentiful with eggs, I'm hoping that any collected tomorrow will mature and fertilise..please pray/send positive thoughts for me ladies, I need it. xx :hugs:

Oh Lexus - thinking of you!! Praying and sending you all good thoughts for you and your eggies!!

I doubt you'll sleep much tonight but that's normal!!! So just rest tonight - some nice soft music and talk to them eggies - tell em it's time for them to do you proud. xxx:flower::happydance::hugs:

I am on my phone! Just wanted to wish you all the luck for EC tomorrow.lots of positive egg thoughts coming your way x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->