IVF/FET May and June

Welcome Kat

We start the lucrin today and if all goes well start injecting both gonal f and saizen on 29 April.

Anyone else using saizen?

Just devastated my sister just told me she was pregnant. She has a daughter two months older than my daughter.

I just feel so upset that it is so unfair. Some people just get it so easily. She telling me over the phone again just brings back so much pain and misery.

Today I just paid $1800 for some injections. She gets a positive pregnancy test. Last time she was in another state now much harder to avoid!

Sorry gals for the bad post!

Oh unlucky, sorry that you're going through all of this hurt. I know any of us would feel hurt if someone close to us told us that they were expecting so you are not alone.

x

I'm so sorry unlucky,i have definitely been there and your feelings are completely valid. I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Welcome katf, I remember you. Tina sorry for the delay. Just one more day and you go back in and hopefully get started!!

Unlucky, I know the feeling! It is so so unfair how easy it comes for other people.. and cheap it is for that matter! Sending you hugs :hugs:

Sending you hugs Unlucky, we've all been there and I know all of us would use the money and time on something else if we had the choice. Xx

Ladies who have more experience with this: what type of exercise do you do (especially if recommended by your dr) during ivf cycle?

Tina- arghh, those damn baseline appointments! Here's hoping you'll be at 5mm tomorrow.
Unlucky- nope, never heard of salzen. Is that for stimming?
I'm so sorry to hear about your pregnant sister. It comes at quite possibly the worst time, like pouring salt on an open wound. Hugs to you!
Fern- I wish I could say that I've exercised but I don't seem to have done much of that in my life... Maybe walking would be good. Keeps you moving but not too intense.

Wow! A lot going on since I last posted.
Froggy, thank you for the advice. I will likely be doing them myself. DH is a bit terrified of the idea. If I could not he would step up, but I like to control my own torture. Ha!

Fern, guess you will be ahead of me but I will be anxious to follow along! As for exercise I haven't done IVF yet, but still plan on staying active if I can. Walking, elliptical, or even some fertility yoga. Exercise is my stress release so I am going to do what feels right for me. I know my doc was pretty adamant to take it easy while stimming and after transfer. She actually suggests 2 days of bed rest after transfer...seems old school to me.

Merry, amh can be a bit misleading sometimes and some docs are optimistic even with low low levels. In my research anything over 1 still has a great chance, so try not to let it get you down. Sorry you had to cancel your trip, but AF hurry up and show!

Bmw, hope stims are still going well. I did a couple Follistim inj before my iui was cancelled and they were easy then, but I am sure next time I am going to be a stress case for the first couple of days. But geez, 4 injections a day. Wow!

Welcome Kat!

Rebecca glad AF is here and meds are ready to go! I am always nervous the meds will cause a delay.

Tina, hope your lining cooperates!

Unlucky, ugh...that news is so hard to hear and I truly understand what you are thinking. To think it is supposed to be as easy is a little sack time and seeing what we have to go through is definitely a hard pill to swallow.

So I am still anxiously awaiting O. FF said it was Sunday, but temps are still lower than usual for me and my opk was negative yesterday and 50% positive FMU today. I guess I am gearing up on CD19...way late for me. I guess I will just have to wait and see what my opk and temps do. Trying not to stress how this may mess with the cycle this month bc of travel. Whew...never dull!

Mdc- DH refused to help me with the PIO. I did them myself. Pretty painful but got much better when I got better at injecting myself.

Thanks ladies,

Had a good cry last night and slept about two hours. Al the memories came back. Last time she told me she was pregnant I was told to consider donor eggs. I kept saying surely this time is easier but it wasn't.

It is a shame but I will have to distance myself away from my sister for the next few weeks. I sense her excitement and joy but it then triggers my emotions and I am a wreck.

Rebecca saizen is growth hormones to help with egg quality.
Good luck to all the ladies simming or about to may this be our cycle.

Mdc -- Stims are going! Day three is over already.. it really does go by fast once you start. Follistim is definitely the easiest of injections. Yes, 4! I'm doing Lovenox as well so the bruising is starting and it is NOT pretty!

Ugh.. Hope O happens soon for you!!!

Rebecca good to know. Maybe in the beginning it will before ET and I can have a glass of wine to take the edge off :winkwink:

Unlucky, you need to do what is best for you. Sorry if you posted this earlier, but does she know what you are giong through? Either way it will be better for you and your sis if you engage when you are ready.

Bmw, I have Lovenox stocked in my closet for when I get a BFP. I have heard they can give you a like lightening shock sometimes. Good times! When is your next ultrasound?

So, O is here!!! Opk was definitely positive today...so better late than never. So I mapped out my stim schedule with all the scenarios and it actually works probably better with the late O and travel, so maybe my body is finally getting ready to cooperate. :wohoo:

Mdc - It isn't as bad as they say it is.. honestly, but the bruises do suck. They don't hurt, they're just ugly!

My ultrasound is Friday. I am NERVOUS! Ahh!

Yayyy for O!

Hey ladies, hope everyone is well!

Fern, that's an interesting point about exercise and something I will ask today when I am at the hospital. I go to the gym 3/4 times a week most of the time for a run and would like to think I can still run whilst stimming but I'll find out and let you know!

Beneath, eeeekk tomorrow you'll find out how your little follies are growing :D

MDC congrats on the positive OPK! :D :D It's always a good feeling to know that your body is co-operating.

Talking of bodies co-operating, I find out this morning if mine is and we can start to stim. Baseline is in a couple of hours time and just hope and pray that my lining is thinner because the bleeding has almost stopped now.

Cross your fingers for me girls :)

xx

Mdc my sister knows everything so she understands. Last time I just avoided talking about her pregnancy as much as possible which really helped me. I truly understand how infertility can tear away relationships though.

Mdc so in your different stim plans when will embyro transfer be for you?

Tina hope you get the green light

Beneath when is your first scan?

Good news from my appointment girls, stimming starts tonight! My lining was nice and thin so we've been given the green light :D :D

x

Great news Tina! Good luck with the stimms tonight.

Unlucky - sending much love your way. I'm sorry this is so tough.

Beneath - good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow.

MDC - glad to hear your body is starting to cooperate.

Fern - about your exercise question - I've been keeping with my twice a week pilates class and lots of walking (having no car means I usually clock about 5 miles a day). The doctor assures me it's fine to keep up. Just nothing jarring or new.

AFM - had my day two scan today. Looking good. An extra follie was spotted that they couldn't see on my first scan. Was told to start the gonal-f on Sunday night and come in for a scan Monday morning. Guess we just keep an eye on things until they tell me when retrieval will be.

tinadecember-- goooo lining! You rock! :dance:

Unlucky41-- first scan is tomorrow morning! Ah!

Merry Mary-- thanks for the luck! Glad to hear your scan went well and you start Gonal Sunday!! Wooo

Good luck in your scan bmw!

Yay for starting stims tina!

So much excitement going on on this thread!

Afm I still haven't started my period, so I emailed my nurse and she brought me in this morning for bloodwork. She is doing a pregnancy test, checking my progesterone to see if I ovulated, and checking my estrogen to see if I'm about to start. If it seems I didn't ovulate and I'm not about to start then I will take prometrium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->