IVF/FET May and June

Bmw, good luck with the scan!

Tina, yeah! Let the inj party begin!

Unlucky, then she should understand (well as much as fertile people can ever understand fertility). Stim plan for me should be the same Follistim and Menopur with Lupron trigger. I will be doing pgs so no ET for a while.

Oops. Pushed post too fast.

Merry, so glad things are kicking off for you.

Froggy, sorry AF is not cooperating. I was going to call my RN next week and ask for the same if it did not look like I was going to O. Hopefully AF will show up without having to do progesterone. Either way time to get the show on the road :winkwink:

Temp for me still a little low, but O pain is gone so hopefully tomorrow there will be a jump. All this waiting. Tick tock tick tock. Guess that is the name of the game. Luckily I can live vicariously through everyone stimming!

I agree, if you haven't struggled with infertility you have NO clue what it feels like. If one more person tells me about "someone they know who struggled, then gave up, then bam! became pregnant on their own" I'm seriously going to scream. I'm glad for the lady in question but I HAVE A REPRODUCTIVE DISORDER AND IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME SO STOP COMPARING!

Sorry, I know most people just mean well but I wish I didn't have to listen to it.

Froggy - I hope AF shows up soon and that you don't need to take progesterone!

Tina - yay for a great start :)

Mdc - will you be starting an ivf cycle now after AF starts, or start downregulating in your next cycle..?

Mary - that sounds good, everything feels like it's speeding up now!

Re exercising: I also thought I would be able to carry on with most of my exercise regime; just not using heavy weights (I started HIIT, running, etc in all earnest at the beginning of the year; this December I will d@mn well be pregnant OR super fit & lean!) but then I read about no high impact exercise, no abdominal twisting, because of the risk of ovarian torsion (which sounds horrible). Also no raising core body temp or overexertion or exercises that may lead to an injuring fall (like mountain biking). :shrug: I will ask my dr what he recommends but I'm clearly going to have to take my training down a notch.

Fern I hear you. I tried to get comfort with a friend that has two kids. The content was just treasure your daughter she grows up quickly. Or another friend would say can't you try naturally. If i could don't you think i would seriously.

Love your exercise plan Fern. Per my doctor I still need to lose two my kilos but the rate I am losing weight it will take forever and I will soon be 36 hence told them I was ready to start. Hope my little lie won't cost me. If all goes to plan I will know the good or bad news just before my birthday hmm

Good luck beneath exciting to know how many follicles and the size.

Mdc I hear you about waiting game it sucks when do you estimate egg collection to be?

Froggy hope you get some answers soon so you can start stimming.

Froggy, MDC, Unlucky, thank you! You think after all this time I wouldn't be so damn nervous about scans, but I am freakinnn out! I just hope everything is going good in there! I go in not expecting the best, because I am DOR so I don't want to be heartbroken, but if I get 11 or so like last cycle compared to the 7 I got my first cycle then I am happy! FX!

Froggy -- Hope AF shows for you soon! Come on!!!!

MDC -- The waiting game sucks, but I hope it goes by quickly for you, love.

Hey ladies, this thread is blowing up. I have been busy with work and out of the area lately so haven't really been online. I have never wanted af to show so bad in my life. Expecting it around the 29, but it is a long moth that is for sure!

Hello new IVF peeps! So excited to be on this journey with you.

Myshelsong -- no worries, love! keep busy so time goes by faster for you and the 29th will be here before you know it!

Fern- I know exactly what you mean. My sister in law, who is the only one who knows what we're going through, complains about her baby sometimes. "She was up all night" "she's not eating well". Today I was like, just shut up, I would trade anything to have that problem!
Myshelsong- AF is almost here! That's awesome!
MDC- I do hope AF will show up on her own and soon!

Afm- AF is 1 day late. I am however started to feel some cramps.

Morning lovelies,

Froggy, you mentioned that the doc is going to do a pregnancy test, have you taken one yourself?

Beneath, good luck at your scan today sweetie, hope you have some juicy follies growing! Are you having any side effects from the stims yet?

Fern, I asked our doctor yesterday about exercise and he said not to change anything. He said if I train now then continue to train but obviously to use my common sense and don't be going over the top but exercising in general is fine during stims. That's a relief, at least I can go for a run when the overthinking becomes too much :)

Day 1 of stims done, thought I would be scared to take the injection but it was simple and felt "right". Never mentioned anything about my follies yesterday did I? The nurse said she could see between 8-10 each side though some could be hiding. I will take that! :D

x

Unlucky, if all goes well I will likely have ER late May or early June.

Bmw, wow 11 eggs would be awesome!

Myshe, that is was when my AF was due, but hopefully I will be just a couple days behind you. It does seem forever away, but hopefully the time will fly.

Fern, hopefully the witch shows up today.

Tina, yeah for stims. Eight to ten eggs in each ovary is such good news! Hopefully for strong steady growth for the lot!

So still waiting for o confirmation. Had an early morning meeting so not quite as high as I was hoping for, but it all goes well should get confirmation on FF tomorrow.

Oh yeah myshel I remember now we will be cycle buddies! I'm also expecting AF 29/30 April :)

Tina- good that your dr gave you the ok to remain active. It will keep your stress levels down for sure :)

Hugs everyone, trying to keep up! Xx

Sending you hugs Unlucky, we've all been there and I know all of us would use the money and time on something else if we had the choice. Xx

Ladies who have more experience with this: what type of exercise do you do (especially if recommended by your dr) during ivf cycle?
My clinic had me cut back on all exercise during my ivf cycle.
They said they didn't want me to do anything with bouncing or twisting. Their reasoning was because the ovaries are so enlarged from the stims that they can more easily twist and you risk ovarian torsion.
They also didn't want me doing anything that made my heart rate elevate too much and increase my body temp. Their reasoning for this was that the developing cells are fragile and they didn't want them exposed to temperature extremes (I also wasn't allowed to use my heated car seats, no bathes etc).
They said I could continue lighter lifting (cut back on the weights I would normally lift. But they also said they doubted I would feel up to exercising during stims, and they were right. I ended up just taking the month off, and walking whenever I felt like I needed to move.

Today is Cd 1 for me. I was a bit Co fused because it took AF 4 days after stopping bcp to show up, when usually it's only a day and a half.
Anyways, my doctor wants us to try an iui this month (can't remember if I posted this here?). She said my ovaries should be in a good position to develop some good new follicles (between the ovarian drilling I had done and the egg retrieval I should have very little pcos crap follicles hanging around).
So I start clomid on Sunday! Seems like a crazy step backwards. Clomid was the first drug we tried a year and a half ago, and I ovulated on 50mg back then but they upped me to 100mg this time.
We figured it will only add a month to the time line, so it's worth a shot.

Just updating you gals.. I didnt have the greatest of first scan's today, but I am not trying to completely feel hopeless. Lining is an 8 -- which is a great start, so that's good. Left ovary has 6, 8 and a 6 and right has a 7, 8, 7, 7, 10.. so eight isn't terrible, but they are still pretty small. My RE said he wasn't terribly surprised as my protocol is sort of a slower stimming protocol and he upped my Follistim from 225 to 300.. so hopefully that'll help wake things up. .Monday is the next one. FX!

Bmw I hope things progress nicely! 8 follies is better than no follies at least. Hope they all develop perfectly. Gl with the increased med doses x

Timetotry yes it seems like a time machine back to when we first met :) I hope clomid does the trick! Just think of all the money that can be saved & chemical side effects & needles that can be avoided xx FX!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and that you can all do something nice to keep your minds off ivf. We have planned a huge extended family bbq for tomorrow with both our families. I've lost 13lb since Feb and am going to wear a cute tight top to the event.... because if ivf works it will be the last time this year I'll have a flat-ish tummy :)!

Good morning ladies - hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Beneath - awesome news on your 8 follies! Well done.

Timetotry - good luck with the old/new protocol!

MDC - Hope you got your confirmation and everything is going okay.

Rebecca - Hope AF made an appearance finally!

AFM - I am sitting here with my organic decaf coffee, catching up on the news. My clinic never really gave me any directives or dos & don'ts during this process. They told my husband no caffeine, no alcohol and no hot baths. Only thing I was told is keep taking a prenatal vitamin and no other supplements. A bit frustrated about that. I have completely cut out caffeine (which was the hardest since I really like my morning coffee), stopped all drinking, upped my water intake to 2 litres a day and have down down on carbs, while upping protein. I am only doing EC for the next three months but still. I'm hoping this all correct. I tried to ask at my last scan and it was a new doctor I hadn't seen before. He was a bit dismissive except when answering my question about exercise. I'm planning on asking again at my Monday scan (hoping for a different doctor).

Timetotry- it makes sense that in a fresh cycle with all the ovarian ultrastimulation going on and egg cells getting harvested, that we would need to cut down on exercising. And that during FET most ladies can carry on with their exercise routine as usual.
You all gave me a lot of info to think about, thanks.

Mary- I also started a healthy pre-ivf eating plan in Jan/Feb already. All of those things that you are doing are great for optimal egg cell health. Even if the doctors are being dismissive; you are still in control of how you treat your own body & that's great. Xx

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

Beneath, they really aren't terrible numbers. Did you have more follies the first 2 times? As long as all of those grow to be mature then you'll still have a great number of eggs.

Mary, I too have adapted a healthy eating and drinking plan. Only eating carbs when I work out and cutting down my sugar intake, though it is tough, I love biscuits and chocolate! I don't drink alcohol much anyhow so that's not been a problem. As far as vitamins go I'm on CoQ10, vitamin B complex and folic acid.

Day 3 of stims here, got my first scan in 2 days time

X

Tinadecember -- My first IVF I did terrible I don't even want to talk about it lol. Old RE.. but with him my second cycle I started off with about 9ish first scan too and had 15 at trigger. I lost the biggest ones though because I only had 11 retrieved, so I think they sacrificed the bigger ones to let the smaller mature, which is why I think he's making me do Ganirelix so early on this cycle so that way my follicles grow more uniformed, but that means slower growth. If these 8 do grow and a few more pop up, I should be okay and be around the same number as last cycle, which is great! So just crossing my fingers.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xx

Beneath 8 follicles is good. Hopefully the higher doses makes them grow grow grow!

Tina when is your first scan?

Merry your diet sounds good I haven't been able to give up coffee entirely. I have a decaf everyday hopefully harmless!

My husband and I fell asleep early yesterday and so the lucrin was injected four hours late hopefully it doesn't affect anything! What you girls think?

Doing a long protocol hence think it should be okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"