IVF/FET May and June

Oh Unlucky, my heart breaks for you. I have a sister too who I love with all my heart but I know if she told me she was pregnant it'd destroy me inside as much as I'd want to be happy for her and love my niece/nephew to the moon and back.

Congratulations to your sister though, I am happy that everything was okay in the end. I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone!

xx

Unlucky- my sister in law and I planned to have babies the same time. Well, her baby is 6 months old and mine is a frozen embryo in the lab :(
Every time I see my adorable niece my heart hurts a little knowing I could have had one the same age.

Kat- I hope you'll get your bfp!!

Unlucky - my sister also had identical twins without even trying. I was a bit jealous but now that they're here I'm just super happy, in love with them and blessed to be their aunty. So I can relate to what you feel atm; and hope you can feel the way I feel now, once they are born. Xx

Afm- no follies on left ovary, 10 on the right with a max of about 12mm on cd7. Dr says realistically/statistically we can expect 3 blastocysts and hopefully 1 of good quality. If I get 1 good expanded day 5 blast I have a 60% chance of pregnancy (in my case with my medical history). I like numbers even though I know it's all subject to change; it makes me feel a bit more in control.

Going back on Monday cd10 for another progress check and collection possibly next Thursday or Friday.

I can't wait to hear about everyone's fertilization reports, progress reports and everyone having ET this weekend xx

Thank you everyone for your advice on the mood swings.

I called the clinic the next day. They said that the side effects should get better next week as, assuming my scan on Wed shows that my lining is thin enough, I will be started on tablets that will counteract the effects of the suprecur. I haven't been feeling quite as low the last few days, so will try and hang in there. My worry is when it is just me and DS, it was terrifying feeling like I couldn't look after him but there being nobody else around.

They also said I have the option of doing an un-medicated cycle next time if it doesn't work out this time, as I have regular cycles. I think I would opt for that (hopefully won't need to though!), these side effects are awful, I never had anything like this on the cetrotide cycles.

Froggy - what an amazing amount of eggs! I got 28 retrieved which is why they postponed transfer. It definitely took my body a few weeks to recover, how are you feeling? I also felt really uncomfortable leading up to retrieval, so full and swollen, it hurt to sit down! I can't remember how many fertilised, but we ended up with 10 good quality blasts to freeze, hope that you get a good number to store away.

Unlucky - I remember when trying for DS what a blow it would be every time someone announced they were pregnant, but it must be so much harder when it's someone so close. Does your sister know your situation?

Fern - I am with you on needing numbers, etc. I also like to have a plan of what is happening when e.g. scan this day, start tablets that day, transfer x weeks after that, even if it is likely to change. I hate everything being up in the air! 1 blast is all you need, that's what we ended up with when trying for DS, we had all our eggs in one basket, but it worked out!

Stim day 5 for me. Still feeling good so far. I'm excited and nervous for my first US tomorrow morning!!

I used the overfill in my follistim pen today and there was over 125 extra units in there. That's almost a whole extra dose. That info may come in handy later in my cycle of they increase doses.

Thanks ladies! Tomorrow is mother's day over here. Will be celebrating but it kind of hurts at the same time.

Rebecca that is what happened to me the first time. My sister and I conceived the same time but due to bleeding my daughter is two months younger. Those were two very hard months.

My heart goes out to all infertile ladies!

Fern your follicles looking good!

Tina is tomorrow your lucky day for transfer?

Froggy any updates ?

Nurse told me that my hormones is still low but rising. Continue medicine but ec won't be anytime soon.

That's definitely a hard situation unlucky. I hate that feeling of jealousy topped with guilt for feeling jealous. I hope it eases soon!

Gl tomorrow rq120!

GL at transfer tomorrow tina!

I'm feeling pretty good actually. I am obviously still pretty sore. My puppies want to come and give me hugs, but I have to keep sending them away because I'm afraid they will put weight on my belly. But other than the soreness I'm good. I have a question, have any of you had pain when you pee? I had it the last time too. Not like a UTI, but like in my ovaries and uterus area it hurts to pee and it hurts even worse when my bladder us really full. I won't get any updates on my embryos until monday! But it will be here soon!

Froggy yes! It hurt to push down to pee and I was so scared of having a number 2! Haha. Even now 5 days after retrieval I still feel a tiny bit tender.

Yes girls today is transfer day! Transfer is in 4 hours time and we've decided to transfer 2 blasts if we are lucky enough to have 2 that have made it to day 5.

Xx

Tina- good luck today!!

Froggy- yep even though I have only one ovary with follies and still a week away from EC, my bladder is very tender and it hurts to urinate (crampy). I'm glad this will be our only ivf :)

good luck today, Tina! I'm still following along with everyone's journey and rooting hard for all of you.

I had another acupuncture appointment yesterday and a WTF call with a doctor earlier in the week after our failure to fertilize. Doctor suggested adding Vitamin D and CoQ10. So both have been added to my morning prenatal vitamin. Had a great talk with my acupuncture lady last night and feeling a lot better. All we can do is try, try again.

Hi girls! Back from transfer and PUPO with 2 embryos. One a 5BB hatching blastocyst and the other a compacting morula. Had a heated discussion with my DH before transfer because he wanted to transfer just 1 but the embryologist said she would only give the morula a 50% chance of making it to transfer. I thought it would have a better chance in my womb than developing in a lab and didn't want to lose it. He came around in the end anyhow and we transferred both.

So happy :)

Xx

Tina, glad you got it all worked out with DH.

My first US showed about 7-8 eggs on my left and about 3-4 on my right. They will call later with further instructions after my labs come in. Most were measuring around 10

Congratulations Tina that is wonderful news.
Keep your feet up and relax for the next couple days. Giving you happy baby thoughts!

Rq120, that is great. They are already getting big, good for you. What is your protocol for this first cycle?

Congrats on being Pupo tina!!

Rq those numbers sound promising!!

Merry Mary -- Hope the Vitamin D and CoQ10 helps!!!

Tina -- So excited for you!! Woohoo, PUPO!

Rq120 -- Great number of follies!!!

AFM: Had my transfer yesterday. All four embies looked really good and all had less than 10 percent fragmentation. This is my fourth transfer, and I had two early losses with two of those transfers, so my RE agreed on transferring three! He actually was tempted on transferring all four, which I thought was a little insane! Even three is scary, but chances of triplets is pretty low. I will be over the moon with one healthy baby, two would be a bonus.. three, scary! lol But whatever is meant to be, will be! We still have one more we will keep an eye on till day 5.

Myshelsong, I'm on 150 units Follistim and 150 units (2 vials) of menopur. Today is day 6. They said I might stim a little longer than the ave of 10 days. But you never know. Sometimes those eggs can pop seemingly overnight.

Yay Beneath. That's exciting. When is your beta?

Congrats bmw!!! Wow three embies! Enjoy being pupo, I'm sure at least one will be your sticky baby!!

BMW and Tina - congrats on being PUPO.

Wow 3 sounds like a lot. But it sounds like it was the right decision for you, BMW.

Fx for both you ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->