IVF/FET May and June

Hi Ellie!

Sorry, I must have missed your first post in the thread. Welcome to the crazy world of IVF :)

We too have always paid for our treatment privately and I agree, it is a good thing that we don't have to wait around for appointments etc. Otherwise the NHS would have you waiting for 6 months to get a consultation! Just shows... money gets you everything in this world!

Hope your last chance at a natural BFP gives you a surprise!

x

I'm sitting in the bedroom area, on a nice bed under the covers!! Waiting for doctor. It's such a luxurious place; looks like a hotel lol I guess it is designed to feel less like a clinic and more like a cozy homey atmosphere where babies are made!!

Ok wow that went fast. Out of my 10 follies they retrieved 9 eggs. Will call tomorrow to hear the fertilization report. In a lot of pain now; going to get junkfood, cake and wine and sleep the rest of the day!

Unlucky i have just read the previous page.. i am so sorry. All that work and no result really does hurt. Thinking of you x

Unlucky- I am so sorry to hear. How devastating for you. I wish you hugs and much comfort in the days to come.

Fern- that's wonderful! Keep us posted on the fertilization.

Unlucky - So sorry to hear about this Hun. Take all the time you need, get away from the boards and take a reset. Big hugs.

Unlucky I'm so sad for you �������� I'll pray for peace.

I had my US today and hubby was able to come. I asked him to count the follies they measured and he said he counted 18 not including the small ones. I get to trigger tonight for retrieval Sunday. Also, I didn't order Lupron for trigger because the previous nurse told me not to but the nurse today said I will prob need it. She gave it to me and saved me $308. Yay!

Wow that's a great saving rq!!

I always complain about the south african rand being so weak when compared to the currencies of other countries but it also seems like my fertility treatment is much less expensive compared to the $ and £ prices that I've seen so far.

What does an average ivf cycle cost in the UK and USA?

At my clinic it's going to cost me around R50 000 for ivf including meds and to freeze 6 embies for 2 years.

Fern, I'm so happy that they got 9 eggs! I hope they all fertilise and you get a great transfer on Wednesday. Enjoy your junkfood... DH and I have been on a diet for about 6 weeks and I'm craving crisps and chips and all kinds of yummy things. I can't wait to treat myself after retrieval. Mine will be under GA, so I reckon I'll be allowed a good scoff after that! I can't wait to hear your updates. All kind of good wishes coming your way from me :hugs:

You asked about the costs...

At SPIRE/BCRM in Bristol, UK, IVF is £3,210 and ICSI is £4,280, both excluding meds. I'm paying an extra £350 to do it at SPIRE with Mr Akande (he's done all my previous treatment and knows all my endometrial issues) and £75 for the HFEA licence.

Due to my polycystic ovaries and my AMH of 78.9 (yes, I know, off the charts), I'll need minimal meds, estimated at £1,000 up to max of £1,500. All told, I'm expecting between £5-£6k (R110,000-130,000 or $7,000-8,500 excluding storage).

I'm hoping for a few frosties but I don't yet know the storage price. If this fresh cycle fails, each FET is £990 (excluding meds). If it works, I'll save them for my next baby - the idea of twins who are different ages is really amazing to me!

I'm really lucky that my parents are helping us out. We will pay them back, but the time taken to save this kind of money would put me in my 40s before we could start and I've been trying long enough now. I turn 39 in 6 days and I really want to give birth before I turn 40!

I can't remember if I told you already, but we were not granted CCG funding as I had a very early chemical pregnancy (natural mc at 5w+0) last August and, in my excitement stupidly had it confirmed by blood test the day of my bfp. That hcg of 47 is on my records and I'm deemed sub-fertile not infertile, so will never be allowed NHS funded IVF. It was hard to read, but there's nothing I can do about it and I've faced harder road bumps on this journey than some clipboard-toting civil servant!

Fern, my cycle w/ meds and freezing is 5 times what you are paying. A little over $16,000 US. That is about average cost. My IVF is $10,200, meds were $4500 and freezing is $800

Oh.my.goodness.
You should all come to RSA and visit me & do the tourist thing & see my dr.... it would still work out less expensive!!

That makes me root for everyone even more!!

Gl for retrieval on sunday rq! It's not that bad. Turned out not as bad as an hsg, and my hsg was painless! Just take lots of pain meds after. Xx

Yes mine is expensive as well. Total it will be about $27,000 ($17,000 for 2 cycles and any FETs (without ICSI - if we do that it's another $2,500 or so), $5,000 per round med costs, and $5,000 for PGS per cycle). I'd really like to not do PGS, but my doctor highly recommended it. Plus, I've been trying to look at cost savings on meds and if I order from Europe it's cheaper. It's still insanely expensive and it's so irritating none of it is covered by our insurance. My parents are loaning us the money and we are setting up a payment plan with them, which is very helpful.

Where has everyone else that's based in the U.S. gotten meds from?

Fern! Great number, hope they all fertilize well.

Had my transfer today and it went smoothly. One 3BB transferred hopefully with success.
Two are being frozen, all about the same and two more are a bit slow and may make to freezing as well in a couple days. So overal we are very happy with the results thus far. Fingers are crossed this one sticks so we have extras for when we want #2.

For cost in Canadian funds we were $9000 for ICSI IVF and 1 year freezing plus about $5000 medication and freezing hubs sample. That included all the ultrasounds and bloodwork throughout.

Spending the entire day laying down and having my husband wait on he. He is such a nice guy.

Congrats myshel! So happy you have some to freeze.
When is your first beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->