IVF/FET May and June

Congratulations on being PUPO Myshel! How exciting :)

Bronte I got my meds from MDR pharmacy in California. They have their prices published on their webpage, which is nice for comparison. They give a nice cash discount (which are the published prices).

Bronte I got my meds from MDR pharmacy in California. They have their prices published on their webpage, which is nice for comparison. They give a nice cash discount (which are the published prices).

Thank you. I did get a quote from them, and they seem to be the cheapest without ordering from abroad. It's helpful to hear from others that have used them and had no issues though. Thanks so much!

Myshelsong- congrats on being pupo!

The only way my insurance covers my meds is if I order through their designated mail order pharmacy. Once I meet the deductible they cover 100%. I know I'm very lucky to have this insurance plan.

Congrats Fern! Can't wait to hear the updates!

Unlucky, I'm so so sorry. That must be heartbreaking. Please take good care of your self physically and mentally. *hugs*

I live in Canada. My ivf with icsi is $7500, plus approx $1000 for the initial embryo freezing (if we get any left overs). Meds last cycle cost approx $3500, but we have awesome drug coverage through hubby's work.

Right now, I'm on day 5 of birth control pills. Endometrial scraping scheduled for next week. I'm terrified! This will be my 3rd. They told me to take advil before, I'd like to take something stronger!
I'll have to see how long my doctor wants my uterus to recover before we can start ivf#2.
So anxious.

So sorry that IUI was cancelled Timetotry, I can imagine how frustrated you are feeling. And endometrial scraping sounds hectic... you are such a strong and committed person! Hope it's not too bad this time around. Hugs!!

I got some bad news this morning. Of my 9 egg cells, 4 were abnormal. Of the 5 remaining, only 3 got fertilized. Each of those only have a 30% chance of making it to day 5. I was prepared for this last year, after all my diagnostic tests, when my dr told me I will most likely never get pregnant and that my egg cells are most likely of very bad quality due to the extensive endometriosis I have on both ovaries esp the left one (and it keeps growing back at an alarming rate) and of course my age (34 yrs 6 months).
This was not just an IVF to ttc... it also served as diagnostic tool to see once and for all what the quality is of my egg cells and ovaries (now we know for sure I have only 1 functional ovary, and of the egg cells on that one, only about 30% can get fertilized at all).
And as I said earlier we also did IVF to have no regrets in the future (we didn't want to regret "not trying hard enough"). I sent a message to our financial sponsor this morning and just told them again thanks so much that they at least gave us the opportunity to TRY, even though we knew the chances of success were slim.

OK so I had a good cry about that... but have to move on. We will see what happens to the 3 embryos, it's out of our hands. And if we don't get pregnant, we believe it's God's plan and that there are sooooo many other GREAT things the future holds. After the call of doom from the embryologist we started talking again about all the other things we would like to do and achieve eg travel and continue with our studies etc etc. I refuse to be one of those women who feel like they have nothing to live for just because there is ONE thing they can't do (to have children).

I will of course still be cheering on everyone on here regardless of what happens to us. xx

Fern - you are amazingly strong, even if at times you don't feel like you are. I am glad that you have the answers, although very sad for what those answers are. I really hope that this does work for you, but if not I know that you will be able to move forward and embrace all that life can offer you. Big, strong hugs. Let us know how the blasts progress. :hugs:

Fern it doesn't sound like you are entirely out. Maybe one of those embies will make it!

I had another set of labs this morning and my pre-op (retrieval) instructions. We have to be there at 6am tomorrow....YUCK!!!

Fern- so sorry to hear! Hugs Let's pray that at least one of them makes it!

First off I just want to say THANK YOU for all the unconditional love & support all you wonderful ladies continually shower over this thread. Like I told another thread friend of mine; this amount of kindness among strangers on the internet, restores a lot of my faith in humanity especially now in a time when it seems the world is going crazy & there is so much hate out there. For me specifically, thank you for all the kindness, support, good wishes and prayers regarding our IVF cycle. xxxxx

I got better news this morning. The embryologist called to say all 3 my fertilized eggs have turned into "very nice" embryos and are dividing as they should. So we are going to wait until Wednesday (day 5) to transfer. At this stage we are only planning on transferring one at a time.

Please tell me someone will be testing this week? Tina, beneath? I want to squint at hpts!! :) GL everyone. xx

Rq let us know how retrieval went! GL hun xx

Hey everyone. I haven't been posting here but I have been reading along. Fern that's so awesome that your 3 embryos are doing so well! I'm so so happy for your update !

Do ya'll think that a bfp 13 days past trigger is a true bfp?

Bad news for me. The doc said I had about 10 follicles but he only retrieved 3 eggs. Maybe I ovulated some before the retrieval.

Froggyfrog - I hope that means you tested positive? If so yessssss. So excited for you. I'm not 100 percent sure but based on what I've read your trigger shot should have been gone by now. When is your beta?

Rq - uh. I'm so sorry. 3 is still a shot. I really hope they fertilize and develop.

Fern - you already know I'm cheering you on!!

Rq, I'm so sorry. Fx those 3 embryos will thrive!

Bronte yes I got a positive on a dollar tree test this morning! I'm going to retest tomorrow and if it's still there I'm going to use a frer

Rq I was soooo upset to hear that I basically only had 3 viable eggs.... Our cycles & journeys are mirror images in many ways. I'm hoping that your 3 eggs all get fertilized and grow well. xx sending you so many hugs!

Froggy - a million questions quickly lol. Did you do a 10000 iu trigger? It should mostly be gone by 14 dpt except if you are like me and metabolize the trigger extremely slowly. Have you had a trigger before and tested it out within a "normal" time span? Then your hpt is probably true! What was the sensitivity of your hpt? Maybe test again every day and see if the line darkens, woohooo!! And you HAVE to post pics. We all want to stare!! xx

Tina have you tested?

Fern, yes I did 10000 iu trigger. I have never tested out the trigger before, so I have no idea my norm to metabolize it. The box doesn't say how sensitive it is, but after googling I'm coming up with 25. I took pics. Bnb will only let me upload one of the photos and it isn't very clear. But irl it's pink and clearly there. Even my sleepy dh saw it at 5 am.

Clearly there! Please post tomorrow's test asap! :) and fx xx

I will! I'm going to do another dollar tree test, and if the line is there I'll dip my frer in the same urine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->