IVF/FET May and June

Froggy I would say those are pretty convincing! Congrats.

Froggy- are you waiting for the beta to consider yourself pregnant? In always too afraid to believe it's true until the beta.

I thought about that. But I have never had a positive test, and today I am pregnant so I'm going to take it!

Looks pretty pregnant too me! Congratulations Froggy. :happydance:
Happy and healthy nine months :dust:

I thought about that. But I have never had a positive test, and today I am pregnant so I'm going to take it!

I guess I got burned too many times. I think if/when it happens I will have a hard time accepting it. Im so terrified of disappointment. When I was pregnant in October/November I kept feeling in my gut like it's too good to be true.

Congrats froggy, I'm so happy for you!!

RQ120 - Not that this is happening with you, but a few years ago on the LTTTC #1 thread there was a lady who unfortunately went through IVF with great follicles like yourself, however ALL of her follicles ended up empty. It is something that is very rare, but was something that she had. They were still diagnosing, but again that was years ago so I dont know what happened after she stopped trying to get pregnant. I am not saying that you have any sort of anything, however it isn't something that I have heard of before.

Congrats Froggy that looks like a bfp to me! I'll bet on it! Woohoo the first of the thread. Xx

Rq I really hope all 3 make it to Friday. We will be tww buddies!

I'm going in for embryo transfer on Wednesday. This morning all 3 were still properly dividing. ... and lo and behold one of my other egg cells also got fertilized and by this morning had started to divide. It's clearly a very slow grower but I feel better with 4/9 fertilized than 3/9.
I want to ask the dr a lot of questions on Wednesday too.. eg what did they mean with my eggs were "abnormal"?

Who is testing next?? Myshel, beneath?

Fern - good news that they are still going!! We will just have to pray for each other. I hope we both get good news this cycle against the odds. My hubby is staying positive so I guess I will have to also.

Myshelsong - I did a little research because I wanted to know what happened. There is a think call Empty Follicle Syndrome with a couple different suspected causes. It may be something like that...who knows. I just wish my doc had discussed it more. I guess if this cycle doesn't work then I'll be hearing more during my post-cycle appt with him.

Thanks ladies! We also got our genetic testing report back. 8 out of 12 were genetically normal, including this one!! So I think that decreases my chances of miscarriage. And we have 5 girls and 3 boys! I didn't want to find out just yet what this one is!

RQ, I'm hoping your embryos stay on track, you can transfer one and freeze 2!

Fern, yah for that surprise egg. I'm betting that both of you end up with perfect embryos!

Froggy - yay again. Would you mind explaining how they did genetic testing at your clinic? Was this PGS? I thought they normally waited and then did a FET but I'm curious why they did results after transfer. We are stiiiiillllllll trying to decide if it's worth it to pay for. Regardless sounds like yours are good to go. So exciting.

Rq - hope you get a good report and all of them fertilize!!!

Fern - best wishes on Wednesday.

Bronte, they typically do wait for a FET to ensure that the transfer is done with one of tested embryos. I bought a package of 2 fresh and 2 frozen and didn't want to waste this fresh transfer so I took a gamble. My Dr let me navigate my own cycle this time. I told her exactly what I wanted and she made it happen!

Gotcha makes sense. So glad your gamble worked!! So another question (sorry I have a lot of them), are you glad you did PGS then? And was there a lot of differences between the grading of the embryos by the embryologist and the results from the PGS test? Or are they not that specific?

They weren't that specific. I'm sure I could ask that question the next time I talk to my nurse. Just see what grade they all are. I know that most of my embryos were graded a this cycle though. So I could see if any graded b made it. I am really glad we did it. It really decreases my chance of miscarriage. And since I did the scratch I know my lining is in top shape as well. So I really feel good about this baby being sticky. And I'll feel better for our future transfers knowing that they have been tested so it takes that factor out. The money is a lot to come up with. We paid 5000.00, and had to borrow it from dhs 401k.

Gosh things are moving quickly here...

So sorry Tina...it sucks and nothing anyone can do or say will make you feel any better but (((hugs))) and try to look after yourself as best you can.

Froggy yay that is a fabulous looking BFP...how exciting congratulations!!!

Rq fingers crossed they all fertilise for you.

Fern great news they are all still doing well! eek!

As for me just waiting....but my schedule has arrived and I start on the 21st down regging and baseline scan and cyst removal is on the 6th June...EC then provisionally booked for 20th June - seems an age away but hopefully time will pass quickly. I'm very nervous abou my cyst drainage they say it will be treated like EC in the way they do it but i fear i will be in lots of pain :( ...the things we do!

Good luck to everyone else too - I may not be able to post often but i'm trying to keep up with you all.

Thanks so much for the answers Froggy. I would be curious if you find out if any b graded embryos made it. It's going to cost us the same amount as you and I want to do it because my RE highly suggested it for me to reduce miscarriages as well. I know they take what they think is the best embryo regardless so I've been trying to research as much as I can. If money wasn't an object I totally would but unfortunately it is. I think it would definetly help with peace of mind though which is priceless during this process.

nimbec - good luck with your cyst removal and starting your cycle. EC will be here before you know it.

Hi all.
Nimbec, we are quite close this cycle... I had a 2 hour info and planning session this evening to start down regs next week.

I'm doing a GnRH Agonist protocol. I take norethisterone tablets from cd19 (next Wed 25th) then use the buserelin nasal spray from cd21. After 14 days of the nasal spray, I will have a baseline scan then hopefully I will start stimming Gonal-F (only 150iu, this low dose is due to my very high AMH) and I'll trigger with Ovitrelle when my follies are ready.

My head is mashed with all the info! But I'm happy and excited too!
She said I was the only patient she'd had who knew what embryo glue and assisted hatching were (I'll have both). She was shocked that I knew so much about the process already, but that's what time on the boards does and it really helps me to know what to expect. I'd have felt even more overwhelmed if it had all been new info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->