IVF/FET May and June

Hi all just a quick message from me as still working and away in Germany.

Massive congratulations Fern I am over the moon crazy happy for you it's been a long time due!

Myshel sorry about the spotting very scary I have seen lots of girls over the last few years on here have successful pregnancies that spotted lots throughout first Tri fingers crossed all is ok! Can they test your progesterone levels?

Mdc follow count sounds great!

Hi to everyone else! No news my end just down reg seems to be dragging on! Day 6 today.

Omg. Omg. Omg fern!
Im so happy for you!!!
I remember you from so long ago, and you have been one of the 'journeys' I've tried to keep up with.
So happy this has finally happened for you!

Thanks so much everyone! It's very surreal :) My husband and I keep grinning foolishly at each other. Now the long wait until the u/s. I guess we will never stop stressing from now on! I'm hoping & praying my baby sticks. However I just had to get 2 tickers immediately, want to make the most of this pregnancy hopefully for the next 36 weeks :)

I really wish nothing but the best to all of you other ladies still waiting for your bfps.

Timetotry & Nimbec especially you two, we've been sharing such a long journey for too many years. I'm going to stay RIGHT here to follow your journeys and cheering on everyone else too!

Myshel - Have you spoken to your dr? FX everything is OK. Luckily we all know spotting is normal in early pregnancy. Hope it stops soon hun.

RQ - If I haven't said so already, congrats!

And you too Lana! Did you do FET or IVF? How many days past ET are you now?

Love you all xx

it isnt blood spotting just brown, so i never called ... I know i shouldnt be too worried. If it changes to bright blood I will absolutely call.

Fern that is crazy good news! So excited for you. Happy and healthy 9 months!

it isnt blood spotting just brown, so i never called ... I know i shouldnt be too worried. If it changes to bright blood I will absolutely call.

Fern that is crazy good news! So excited for you. Happy and healthy 9 months!

I had spotting with 2 of 3 of my pregnancies. The second pregnancy resulted in a healthy now 3.5 year old :)
Spotting is quite common.

Hi ladies, here's today's update!

I'm 2dp5dt!

My back is aching, I could barely stand. Lying on the couch ignoring my sink full of dishes.
Sunday morning we leave to Phoenix on a short vacation (Sunday-Thursday) and then my beta is Friday!

Rebecca - fingers crossed the back ache is an early sign and this is a BFP for you. Enjoy your short vacation and hope it helps to relax you a bit during your wait.

Fern - huge congrats again. So excited for you.

Myshel - the spotting old blood has to be very scary. Hope it stops soon. But as everyone else says it's normal for many people in the early stages. Hope everything continues to be alright.

Nimbec - sounds like you are getting closer to retrieval time. Good luck!

AFM - not sure I mentioned it on here yet but we are all set to go for next cycle. I'm on CD5 now and should start stims at the end of next month then. Excited to start finally but definetly nervous.

Can I get your opinions on hubby drinking before ivf?
He isn't a big drinker, just a couple beers a week. But has a boys night planned for a couple of weeks from now. Had my body cooperated, it would have been after my egg retrieval which would have been fine. But if I get to start ivf meds next weekend it would put boys night right around the time of egg retrieval.
There will be a lot of drinking involved. It's an annual event so I'd like him to go cuz he missed last year's, but what if the egg retrieval and icsi are shortly after?
Will him drinking like a fish affect his sperm? (usually his counts, motility and morphology are perfect)

Hi Timetory why do these things always fall at the wrong time?! I seem to remember being told that if sperm count is normal it shouldn't effect too much. My hubby was drinking too much at the time of his analysis last year and it came back fine, this year he hadn't drank hardly at all and it was pretty much the same from my understanding - I didn't see the exact results this time round but when I get back from working away I can try and ask clinic for both sets and let you know! I think it is only an issue when the swimmers are not so good quality. Fingers crossed for you.

Bronte yay the time will fly by and you will be injecting before you know it! I assume you start day 21 of this cycle?

No news my end I'm shattered being away with work is killing me and I'm not home until very late Sunday evening :( thank goodness this is not post egg collection!!

Fern I'm still so excited for you!

Hope everybody has a good day!

Rebecca well my lower back is a bit sore & feel some abdominal pressure, hope it's a super sign for you!

Nimbec- so glad you can go home on Sunday and rest so your body can start expending energy on making lots of healthy eggies :).

Timetotry, since he doesn't have mfi then I guess it won't be a huge problem. Maybe pack lots of vitamin c & b for him as well as liver boosters eg Essentiales (probably a different brand name in your country) or something else containing phospholipids. Maybe he will agree to have water/soda in between drinks too. My hubby also drank (sometimes a lot) for the 3 months prior to our EC but took a lot of vitamins etc and his count was still so good that they didn't have to do ICSI. TBH I also had drinks before starting with stims & between EC and ET!

Bronte the time will fly by! So glad you're starting soon :)

Fern - I was having some crazy lower abdomen pressure for a few days. Most of it was in the evenings. Last night it got a little bit better. So funny how fast your body will start to react.

AFM, my home tests are still trending up. This is my first ever BFP and I told hubby even if it turns into a chemical I'm going to enjoy every min of being pregnant.

Tim- I agree with the others. If there isn't a male factor issue then he should be ok to drink. You need fewer sperm with IVF so even if he drunk himself silly, there should still be 10 million extra. Lol

Post your test pics :) please!!

I agree... of course I'm hoping to be pregnant for a full 9 months but I will enjoy every second for as long as God blesses me with this pregnancy. Xx

Timetotry - I agree with everyone else but don't know a ton about it. Do you have plans to do ICSI? If so then I'm sure it's even less of an issue. But regardless he should be fine. I think things like heat and excessive exercise affect it more. My husband has good numbers but is an avid triathlete and bike rider so I'm going to make him abstain from increased bike riding after his next race. He doesn't know that yet so we'll see how it goes.

Nimbec - my clinic has me start on CD3 and goes right into Follistim and Menopur. Hope it works. But it's my first IVF so we shall see. Safe travels home.

Rq and Fern - still excited for you both and I think it's a great attitude to have to enjoy as much as you can. Really hope you both have healthy pregnancies and babies.

Rebecca, enjoy your vacay! I lived in PHX for 13 years and loved it. Great way to keep your mind off of everything!

Bronte, you will be shooting up before you know it :haha: GL! I am also taking Follistim and Menopur, and it is not too bad. Make sure to used ever last overfill drop of Follistim. That stuff is like gold. Ha!

Myshel, so glad it is brown, but still hopes it stops soon.

Timetotry, hard decision. Luckily the little guys are made 90 days in advance so I am not sure it would matter that much. Hard to say for sure. If he does make sure he gets tons of water/electrolyte drinks to keep him hydrated bc I think that could affect things.

Nimbec, glad you will get a break from work soon. Growing eggs takes a lot of energy. I think it really hit me yesterday.

Rq and fern so glad you both are feeling well for being all knocked up and all :winkwink:

My next scan is in an hour so hoping we are marching along at a good clip. My call will probably come when I am at a baseball game so hopefully I don't miss it.

Thanks ladies!
We will be doing icsi. My doctor mentioned that eggs from women with PCOS can sometimes be harder for the sperm to enter, and my doctor figures that since we've come this far and we don't know why we haven't had a bfp we might as well eliminate another variable.

I'm a bit achy on the side that has the cyst. I did a full body workout last night, but my abs aren't sore, and it's unilateral achiness so I'm thinking the cyst is doing something. Hopefully shrinking and not growing!

For those that have had an endometrial biopsy, how long did you bleed after? My first one was only about a week but was earlier in my cycle. This time it was later in my cycle, but I'm still lightly bleeding and it's been 10 days

Have you room for another one?! :flower:

I hoping to start stimming Monday/Tuesday as soon as my period shows up. This will be our second icsi cycle, we were lucky enough to be successful first time around last time and have a beautiful little girl who is 3.

A heart to heart over our holiday made us realise we'd love to give her a sibling close in age (we have a 23 year old son too!) We're old dears (both 41) so have decided it's now or never!

I'd love to share this rollercoaster with you guys if you'll have me? Xxx

Hi tulip and welcome!! Xxx hope you are successful again.

Mdc I think you asked earlier about the emotions & feeling down etc. I wish our clinics offered counceling that specialized in infertility & what to expect emotionally when going through assisted conception; and teaching coping mechanisms etc. E.g. I felt so incredibly depressed and weepy the day after EC and wasn't prepared for it at all. Obviously every other part of fertility treatment also has it's unique ups and downs. I really think that's one area of our treatment that can be improved upon- proper counseling and mental health support. It is an exhausting journey.

Sending you all virtual hugs, hope you get a good night's sleep. Xx

Hi ladies and welcome tulip!

I have a pretty major problem...my flight home leaves at 9.55pm tomorrow and I have been injecting at 10.30pm - I do not have a doctors letter with me as I thought I would put meds in the hold HOWEVER now I can't as will have to inject on the plane or at least just before I board - there is no way they will let me through security......help!! I will try and call my clinic first thing hope they have an Emergancy number and ask them to email me a letter ...if not possible I fear my whole cycle is ruined 😪😪😪 such a stupid oversight on my behalf!! I'm so upset and cross! Sorry for the rant!!

Nimbec - I'm not sure of from where you are flying but I looked into it a bit when I was debating starting meds before my trip. Some one even did international but I'm sure it's harder. Everyone said they have flown with IVF meds no problem without a doctors note. Obviously if you can get it it's better but usually they say they have never been asked. Is it in its original package still? If not ask your doctor if you can take early and do right before security check point.

Tulip - welcome and best wishes on a successful cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->