IVF/FET May and June

Again, super congrats rq!! I tested again this morning with my crappy cheap tests :) and was glad to see the line the darkest it's been so far! It's been exciting even though I didn't believe it until my second beta lol. How many days past transfer are you today? Any new symptoms? (I know we are all feeling the artificial hormones but, still :) ).

Rebecca I'm keeping everything crossed for your test today.

Mdc- whoo for trigger! It's going to go by fast now. Your embies are ready to be formed!

Everyone else- rooting for you all so, so hard. I'm praying for this thread. I know that not everyone on here believes in God, and that's up to you, but I firmly believe we can't do anything without Him... He causes the DNA to combine in the lab, not the doctors. They can only put the eggies& sperm together! Every egg cell, sperm cell, embryo, bfp and every position experience that comes from this (even if it ends in a bfn we are richer in the love & support we've received) is from His hand and we have so much to be grateful for. Including you all who are such a blessing to me :).

Anyway enough of the deep stuff :) have a lovely day!

So it looks like we're going to be having ICSI. DH heard the SA results yesterday and he has antibodies. I'd not heard of this before and the test he had last year didn't bother looking for it, but it seems likely that this, combined with my NKC, means we were never going to conceive naturally. So much for "just give it time" and "keep trying". All the charts, clomid (and resulting polyp and removal at great personal expense), months of heartache... All that would been avoided if the NHS test had been more thorough.

I'm angry, but I'm also really glad we know now. If I'd done as I was told all along, we'd not know about either of our issues and we'd never have a baby. As it stands, ICSI gives us a great chance. My eggs and his sperm are plentiful, ICSI avoids antibodies and prednisolone stops natural killer cells. Bring it on!

Elli- we also did ICSI and it's disappointing to know that you need so much intervention but thankfully there are options out there for us :)

It's super light but I definitely see my second line!!

:happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 14
Congrats Rebecca, that is a good line! Hope it gets darker 😀

Ellie - we did ICSI as well due to husbands DNA fragmentation. So far so good.
i know this won't make you feel better, but it took us 4.5 years to finally get this diagnosis.... So I know that the struggle is real and it is annoying it took a while to figure out. Be thankful it happened as quickly as it did.

Oh Rebecca - so exciting. Really excited to hear about your beta today!! Good luck.

Rq - your tests are looking great.

Elliecain - this entire process is so frustrating sometimes. I don't know anything about the NHS where you are but my insurance here is a pain to deal with. As if we didn't have enough to deal with on top of infertility. But so glad they found it now and have a game plan for your IVF. Good luck!

Fern - yay for lines getting darker!

I'm off for a trip so won't be reporting in much. Good luck everyone!

Rebecca, yay! Congrats :)

Thanks for the support girls. I know 18 months is a relatively short time to be trying but I turned 39 recently and started trying when I was 37.
40 is the cut off for IVF here, so my time is starting to run out.
I have said all along that I knew there was something else going on. I thought I'd worked it out with the endometritis and nkc diagnoses, but this is yet another answer. I've now spent over £3k and still no pregnancy. We have to pay another £6k to do ICSI and then £1k to freeze any frosties. Total will be £10k or $15k.
The initial 3 now turns out to have been unnecessary and would have come in handy with the next stage. So I am cross.
I'm also really glad I was proactive seeing this expensive consultant, who has diagnosed the issues. I'm relieved and excited and loads of positive feelings, but I'm sad that I had to go through some really black times recently, with 10lb weight gain, depression, arguments with DH, time off work and so much heartache.

The end result is great. I'll be clinging to that now.

Rebecca - wow!! That's not very light, it's very visible!! Congrats hun, how many dpo or dpt are you? X awesome news!

Ellie- I can totally relate. All my struggles were also due to endo & being misdiagnosed and receiving incorrect treatment from my previous dr. Having said that; great news that you finally got the correct diagnosis. I'm taking baby asprin & also took cortisone during the tww just to prevent my immune system from rejecting the embie. This is the first time I've gotten proper treatment and I KNOW it contributed to this bfp so I really hope it does for you, too! X

Rebecca - Congrats hun! That is a great BFP! I got my first positive at 5dp5dt but I didn't test before that.

Fern - Today is 11 days post transfer for me. As for symptoms, the lower abdominal pressure has subsided for the most part but I am having acid reflux (unusual for me), gas, some cramps, and I'm peeing like crazy. Thankfully no spotting to make me worry.

Ellie - I'm glad you found out about ICSI. It's good that you found out for this cycle. Hopefully it will be the one for you! We did ICSI too because of my low egg count. We didn't want to take any chances.
Also, totally feel you about the weight gain!! I have gain 20 lbs and it sucks because the last year I have lost 62. I'm starting this pregnancy higher than I had hoped, but I'm determined to be as healthy as possible. I have tons of fruit and veggie snacks packed this week.

Bronte - enjoy your trip.

AFM, office just called and beta (at 16dpo) is 338. :happydance: Repeat beta is Thursday.

Congratulations on all the BFPs! I'm sorry I can't respond to everyone by name yet, I'll get there soon X

Elli - We're having icsi too, we did with our last cycle. The Doctor recommended it because of my age I think (older eggs can be trickier to fertilise I think?) and last time on the day, my OHs sperm decided to have an off day!

I've just done my first injection of Menopur (450 dose) I find the injecting itself fine, but I did feel I lost some of it with my nervous fingers!! I'm panicking a bit about the high dose. I know the doctor is wanting to get the most eggs for me, but I've heard bad things about being on such a high dose. Anyone have any experience? X

Today I am 6dp5dt. Waited until today to test. Interestingly enough after I went back to sleep this morning and left the test on the bathroom counter when I woke up it was super dark, almost ask dark as the control line.
I have 2 more tests so I may as well test again the next 2 mornings. Friday will be my beta.
I initially thought I'd wait until my beta to consider myself pregnant but honestly, why wait. A bfp on frer is good enough for me!

Oh wow, so much good news on this thread!!! Congrats rq and Rebecca! ! Rebecca that looks just like my 6dp5dt test! I can't wait for your beta!!

Myshel and fern, I have had such bad bloating. My stomach feels like it sticks out at night time, it just increases as the day goes on. I'm probably going to end up in maternity clothes in a few weeks. I have also been exhausted, my boobs hurt, and I have had a couple of spells of nausea. Oh yeah, and u have had diarrhea every day! I have had two days in the last couple of weeks where my symptoms lightened up and I started freaking out, but when I woke up the next morning they were back. Just for future reference if it happens to you, I Googled it and it's normal!

Froggy, make sure you drink lots of water for that diarrhea. You may not even realize that you can be dehydrated. Don't stop drinking water, especially in the heat!

Tulip - sorry can't comment on the meds. This was my first IVF cycle and I was on follistim 150iu and menopur 150iu daily.

Froggy - wouldn't know which one is worst...diarrhea or constipation. I am taking 2 stool softeners everyday just to keep the bowels moving. Ha! Fun stuff for all of us!!

I'm so happy to see so many BFPs!! Lucky thread!!

I definitely am! I have also been adding a Gatorade in every now and then to replenish my electrolytes. I have been trying as hard as possible to stay out of the heat because I feel like it is harder for me to stay hydrated with everything just running through me, and it's already 90 degrees outside!

Tulip - sorry can't comment on the meds. This was my first IVF cycle and I was on follistim 150iu and menopur 150iu daily.

Froggy - wouldn't know which one is worst...diarrhea or constipation. I am taking 2 stool softeners everyday just to keep the bowels moving. Ha! Fun stuff for all of us!!

I'm so happy to see so many BFPs!! Lucky thread!!

Thank you anyway Rq X And congrats on your bfp!

Froggy, are you thinking of names yet?
I'm kind of hoping that we will be having twins. I would love boy/girl twins, but 2 boys would be great too!
If we are having a boy well name him Joseph and Joe for short. Joe was my grandpa who passed away last year and it would mean so much to me if my miracle child would share his name. I don't have any girl names picked out yet.

We have has our names picked out for 6 years, since we started ttc lol. This little boy is Gage Matthew

I feel like choosing a name makes it so real!
Lovely name, froggy! I'm so anxious for February, it's seems so far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->