IVF/FET May and June

Rq, sounds to my like your body is busy giving all your energy to you LO such a great sign. GL with your repeat beta tomorrow!

Rebecca, what a beautiful line!

Hiker, congratulations! I bet it is such a relief to be one step closer! Best of luck for tomorrow's results.

Tulip, best of luck for both you and DH!

So we got the final approval from the p4 and LH tests to go ahead tomorrow! So excited :wohoo: Any tips or tricks that I should know? Did you all do anything or have anything on hand special for recovery?

Great progression Rebecca. Congrats.

Yay Hiker! So glad ER is out of the way. Hope you get good news tomorrow. Fern and I both only got 3 eggs at ER and we had good outcomes. Wishing you the same.

Good luck tomorrow MDc! My ER recovery was a breeze so I don't have any recommendations.

Good luck with your fertilization report hiker!

Mdc, my first ER was horrific, but my second one was easy recovery. I would just prop yourself on the couch and allow your dh to take care of you. Just get anything that gives you comfort, and relax!

Mdc- I felt pretty good after my ER. Good luck tomorrow!

Mdc, my ER was today. I mainly felt ok, but started feeling bloated a few hours ago which is uncomfortable. I read that you should drink a lot afterward so we stocked up on Gatorade and I drank 2 of those today along with some water. I also liked having a heating pad on my abdomen. Oh, and I thought I drank enough before midnight yesterday to be hydrated but the nurse anesthetist had a heck of a time starting my IV, and man that hurt like no one's business. She had to switch hands and try my other hand. She said that is due to dehydration so if you can, drinK as much as you can before the cutoff so you don't have issues with the IV. But yes, relax, watch tv, nap if you feel like it. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Great progression Rebecca. Congrats.

Yay Hiker! So glad ER is out of the way. Hope you get good news tomorrow. Fern and I both only got 3 eggs at ER and we had good outcomes. Wishing you the same.

Fern and RQ, how many did you transfer?

Hiker- Great news, I hope they all fertilize! Keep us updated :) How many we transferred: only one. We most certainly did not want to try for twins for a great number of excellent reasons (for us). We discussed this with the doctor beforehand and he agreed emphatically that if we have a good quality blastocyst we should do 1. Well on the day, as I'm lying there with my legs in the air and catheter in; he says "ok so we're transferring two embryos". I freaked out because wth that's NOT what we discussed!!?? Apparently because my embies were not perfect 6AA quality (all 3 were nice blastocysts though!) he decided that we should take 2. And then the embryologist tried to convince me to transfer 2 because "if you get twins it's over and done in one try". Heck no. I insisted on doing what felt comfortable to me&dh and the dr ended up transferring the best blastocyst (an expanded BB), after saying how "seems like we (patients) are never satisfied!" Well. My body, my choice. I still got my bfp and I'm still very glad we decided on only 1; even if I have a mc we will not regret our decision. What if this one had split (like what happened to my sister!). It's a highly personal choice and those embies belong to YOU so do what is right for you and your husband. :)

I'm still upset that my dr then said the last 2 embies HAVE to be frozen and transferred together in future. I didn't really focus on that part and agreed to it just to get him to transfer only one for this try. They could have frozen them separately.

Sorry about the novel but I feel very strongly about it! Keeping my fx for your eggies!

Mdc- take the rest of the day off and have a food treat ready (and/or wine!)... the time between er and et is just a few days when you are not a breeding machine (said with love! ) so you are allowed to spoil yourself. Hopefully it's the last time for 9+ months that you can have alcohol lol!! Having said that- yep remain hydrated to help with the bloating. My er was not even nearly as sore as a bikini wax so don't stress. :) I took pain meds for 2 days afterwards for some cramping though.

Good luck nimbec, ellie, bronte and the two tulips! Can't wait for you all to be pupo.

Btw I strongly recommend baby asprin... just putting it out there!

Baby asprin is a blood thinner but the dose is so low that it has no other actions (eg it's not anti-inflammatory and it's safe in pregnancy unlike higher doses asprin). After I had 2 suspected chemical pregnancies last year, my doctor tested all my blood clotting factors even though I've never had any other clinical signs of blood clots. Turns out I tested positive for one factor which may cause minute, teeny, subclinical blood clots which I don't even notice but that can cause clots to form in a developing placenta & cut off blood supply to an embryo. Since very few people get tested for blood clotting disorders (especially if it has no real symptoms, like mine) and baby asprin won't hinder a pregnancy (only possibly help one along), all the ivf patients @ my clinic is on baby asprin at least for the tww. I just stay on it for longer. Of course I'm not a doctor! But I believe it's made a difference for me so far.

I've started a pregnancy thread in the "pregnancy groups and discussions" forum.

Here is the link!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...nception-ladies-due-jan-feb-march-2017-a.html

The thread is for due dates Jan/Feb/March 2017 so that includes all of us! <3 Hope to see you there!

I second what fern says about the baby aspirin. My clinic puts all ivf patients on it as well. I'm instructed to take it all the way through my first trimester.

Hiker - we transferred two per my hubby's wishes. I prob should have only did one but the doc didn't help much in the decision and I was on Valium. Oh well, God will give us what we are supposed to have. The doc literally told me he was "on the fence". We transferred a 4AB and a 2BB so we will wait to see what we get on June 27th.

I really, really, really hope I can join this thread!
I won't know for at least 5 more weeks...

I've started a pregnancy thread in the "pregnancy groups and discussions" forum.

Here is the link!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...nception-ladies-due-jan-feb-march-2017-a.html

The thread is for due dates Jan/Feb/March 2017 so that includes all of us! <3 Hope to see you there!

Hi ladies!

Here is my third and final frer. Tomorrow if my first beta.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 6
FYI, changed my profile pic. Sometimes it throws me off when others do it. :)

Second beta was 971. I have an appt for an US for 6/15 but I'm out of town so just waiting for MD office to call back with a different date. Hopefully it will be that same week so we can tell Hubby's parents on Father's day.

I'm on baby aspirin as well and my clinic recommend I take it until first ultrasound when you hear the heartbeat.

Afm, docs just called and 2 embryos fertilized!!! Need to wait to see how they do until tomorrow. Then will talk to doc about whether to transfer or freeze and do another cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->