IVF/FET May and June

At a baseline scan I think they are making sure there are no cysts and generally checking out lining. I know in some diminished ovarian reserve patients they might do an antral follicle count.

Hi Everyone :flower:

Es Good luck with your baseline fingers crossed all is perfect.

Mdc yay great news on your embies, so nice that they are out performing all expectations - lets hope they keep doing so the whole way and you are spoilt for choice. i love the link thank you very much - i wonder if i can become more creative in the kitchen...i'm pretty useless :blush:

Rebecca good luck for you beta and scan.

Hiker good luck for the transfer, fingers crossed for a sticky bean.

Fern, i love your doctors idea too...i'm not a big drinker but i do love Pimms and the occasional Ameretto! How are you feeling? what is the next step in your journey?

Tiometry that made me chuckle ...i like the fruity alcohol too :) Good luck with the stimming.

Well today I had my pescy cyst drained, it was a simular procedure to egg collection and wasn't too bad....apart from the drugs made me feel very nauseous :( at least i know now to ask for the anti-sickness before hand! I'm officially cyst free and ready to start stimming on Wednesday - I think they are starting me Wednesday to bring me in-line for scan dates as my first scan is next Monday.....not sure why else they would wait till Wed but i'm just happy to get started :)

Also had positive news that my bill was less than i expected - had to take some meds back as I was originally doing a different protocol and also they have reduced the cost of IVF this month so all in all i saved £300 :happydance: well £150 I guess as today cost me too! LOL!

Hope everyone is ok.

Nimbec, glad that silly cyst has been evicted. Did you go under for the procedure? Hope you feel better soon and you will be stimming before you know it!

So cd1 for me already?!?! :saywhat: Guess it is not unusual to get it so soon after the lupron trigger, and I guess my body wants to get this show on the road! I heard this first period my be a rough one, so I guess I will wait and see.

Hiker, Forgot to ask how the transfer went.

Nimbec- so glad the cyst is gone and that you are starting soon!! Whoop whoop! Well I'm just waiting impatiently to see if embie implanted in the right spot & if there's a heartbeat on my first scan date, 20 June. Then I will start seeing a regular OB.

Mdc- congrats on your great embies :)

Hiker- thinking of you xx

First monitoring scan today for me. Not many follicles unfortunately (I wasn't expecting loads but she only mentioned 2 large ones 20 and 17 plus a couple of smaller ones) I'm going to trigger tomorrow at some point (they're phoning me with instructions tomorrow) Then EC on Thursday - please let there be a couple of eggs at least!!

Hope all the new expectant mamas are doing well. Xx

Fingers crossed for all those growing follies and getting ready to make their embryos cosy xx

Did anyone else take gonal f? Anyone get headaches from it?
I never had headaches from it during my first round, but they increased my dose from 100 to 125 this cycle and last night I took my injection then immediately started getting a dull headache. It progressed to a nasty headache and I woke up with it just as bad.
Ugh. I hope this is a coincidence and not the meds!

Did anyone feel dehydrated during stims? I drank over 2.5L of water yesterday and could have drank even more!

Tim it is common to have headaches from any med used for stimming. I personally didn't have issues with dehydration but they said it's super important to stay hydrated. It can help with OHSS (unless you have OHSS and then sometimes you need to fluid restrict)

Tulip, good luck with the trigger and those follies are a nice size! Hopefully a couple smaller ones will catch up.

Time, ugh about the headache and hopefully it was just a coincidence. I was SO thirsty when I was stimming. Toward the end I had a couple days where I drank almost 4L of water. Unfortunately drinking too much can also be bad because you lose sodium too and that can be dangerous. Always such a balancing not game. Hopefully you feel better today.

Hi to all the preggo and everyone else on their way!

So no call from the doc today. I talked to my RN and they said they prefer to give a final disposition report on day 6. I guess that is good, but man waiting...waiting... waiting. Guess if it was bad news or quality was waning they would let me know. Keep on keeping on little embies...or should I say blasts :haha:

It's so strange how cycles can be so different!
I have no side effects during my first cycle, and didn't get uncomfortable until about day 7 or 8 of stims.
I'm really hoping this headache was just a bad coincidence, I should know after my next dose! This one was brutal. Kept me up all night, I slept on the heating pad, and then slept until lunch and it was still there.
I think it's passing now, but my neck is a little tight still.

Thank you mdc :) Trigger done! That's all I can do now I guess, fingers crossed for Thursday X

I'm sure your lovely little blasts are doing wonderfully! I don't think I'll be too far behind you with transfer. I think as I'll only most likely have a couple of eggs at the most, if they fertilise they'll get them popped back inside quickly like last time "Let's get them back in their home for the next 9 months" is what they said with my little girl :)

Good luck tulip and MDC. I didn't get a embie report until day 5 either. It was hard waiting.

Hi everyone,
been reading this thread for a while. Congratulations to all the preggos! have a happy & healthy 9 months! good luck for the others!
well i have PCOS and been trying for a while for #2. i conceived my DD on my first IUI. i have tried 3 IUIs most of them were cancelled. so now wer moving on to IVF.
just started stimming yesterday on Day 3! 300 Gonal F today was my 2nd shot. im so excited i cant wait till i start bloating so i know that its working!
Good luck to all of us!!

AF took her sweet time this month and arrived several days late. On my way to my day 2 scan today. Have a million questions for the doctor. Still doing mild IVF with the same clinic but trying an office closer to my work this time. Was getting hard to explain away all my very late arrivals since I was consistently several hours late. I think my boss thinks I leave in a wreck of a house since I've used nearly every home related excuse I can think of (water leak, waiting for the builder, no hot water, etc). Ha ha! Really hoping this office runs more efficiently and on time!

Merry, I've found it so much easier to tell my boss outright what was going on, it made him so much more understanding.
I just told him I was undergoing fertility treatments and there will be times that I will have appointments and the dates/times are not always flexible and please work with me.
And of course he was very understanding and asked no further questions. Every time I have told him about an appointment he says no problem and doesn't get fed up with the time I miss. I do my part to make up what I've missed by working at night or Sunday's.

Sorry been missing in action for a bit. Have been really anxious lately with the scan coming up, and hubs mom in the hospital. But got great news today and am feeling much better!
Scan showed a little embryo with a good heartbeat, so all my fears of boiling the kid during that hot day are gone. I was so worried

Timetotry I got headaches from the gonal f but not as bad as what you are experiencing. I did take a low dose though. How are you feeling today? Shame I hope you don't have to suffer like that every day.

Mdc- sorry hun but I'm super confused with your cycle atm, did you say you are on cd1? Will you then be waiting to transfer?

Myshel- congrats again :)

Mirna- lol well in that case I hope you start bloating soon!

Ellie- you ok? Haven't heard from you in a while. X

Hugs everyone else!

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all OK

I had my transfer on Friday so have been trying to keep my mind off symtom spotting, hence I haven't been on here much!

Been feeling quite crampy today, and am driving myself a little crazy by worrying I've not had implantation bleeding (I did with my first pregnancy).

Test day is next Fri 17th, can't come quick enough! Best wishes to all those also in their 2ww, and to you all x

Crazy- congrats On being PUPO!!

Will you test earlier?

Crazy- congrats On being PUPO!!

Will you test earlier?

Thank you Rebecca x

No, I'm determined not to anyway! I would have to do it in secret if I did as OH is dead against testing early, and that would be too stressful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->