IVF/FET May and June

Hi again ladies!
Tulip- that's great!! Go embryos!

I took my defective pen to the pharmacy and they were going to contact the manufacturer. Thankfully I didn't have to pay anything for that med, but if they offer a replacement I'll take it! My benefits paid for 100% of the drug.

I'm a bit anxious about the pocket of blood in my uterus. I didn't have anymore spotting after that ultrasound and my estrogen level was over 400, so I don't think I'll be shedding it so maybe it will absorb??
I tool birth control for 24 days, the stopped, got AF 2 days later and started stims on cd3. It's so strange.

They didn't start my orgalutran yesterday because my follicles weren't large enough, so I'm nervous that my body could have done something wonky before my next appointment tomorrow.

I'm not feeling particularly stressed. Just a bit anxious about the blood and the delay in starting orgalutran.
Hopefully tomorrow's monitoring shows low LH and no blood pocket!

Waaaaaaah! I feel so comfortable and whiny! Today is only day 7 of stims.
Everything feels like it's stretching and pulling and aching.

Hi guys. Thank you for all your positivity! I'm trying to stay positive too and think of myself as PUPO. So this morning I woke up with some pretty intense cramping. Today is 5dp5dt. Could it be implantation? I'm wondering if those of you who have had success or been pregnant before have ever felt anything after transfer? Ever since then, I've felt something. Not cramping, but like a warm, sometimes pulsating/twingy sensation. And not all the time. But something. And now this morning with the cramping...pretty much every month I feel something so I don't want to wig myself out. The mind can be very powerful. But just curious if those of you who are pregnant remember anything like that? I think I will hold off testing and just wait for the beta test. 4 more days!

Tulip, hope your embabies keep growing!! That is great news.

Bronte, almost ready to begin! I bet you are so excited !!

Ellie, how nice u have you your sister in law for support. Youll be good with doing the injections soon but at the beginning it's scary. our siblings know what we are going through, and I think it's about time we break the news to them. I think it will help us/me emotionallly to not be keeping this a secret any longer.

Fern, what do you mean you tested out the trigger?

Hiker at 5dp5dt I felt a lot of pressure that I had never felt before. The only way I can describe it is like if I wait to long to pee and my bladder hurts, but it wasn't my bladder and it would happen hours everyday for like 3 days.

Hi Ladies sorry I've not been on it has been a manic week at work I actually have no idea where the time has gone!

Hiker fingers crossed for you! You are so much more controlled than me I'm not sure I could resist poas before beta good luck.

Ellie so pleased you can share it with someone, nobody knows what we are doing (apart from dh mum who is great as needs to help with Harrison when I have appointments) but I can't really talk to her about it. Yay for things starting!

Bronte not long time it will be here before you know it!

Time sorry you are feeling rough, at least it means you must have some nice follies growing :) fx the pocket disappears!

Tulip eek great news they must be good quality!

Hope everyone else is ok?

As for me no need really day 5 stims today not feeling much apart from really thirsty! Had a nightmare last night when I pulled needle out of menopur it squirted and I lost some 😢 Phoned clinic at 9pm in a panic and they said not to worry as I was only 50 short and they will see what is going on scan tomorrow. Quick question ladies how many scans did you have when stimming? My first is day 5 and egg collection tentatively booked for Monday 20th - I have some work commitments in between and wondering how often scans will be....

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Nimbec- sounds good, day 5 already. Hopefully you will have large juicy follies soon! I had 3 scans (baseline, then cd8 and 11 I think). Maybe you can ask your doctor for an appointment schedule, I had one and it helped me plan around my job.

Ellie- great news re the support system. Do you know when er will be yet?

Timetotry- awww whine away! I'm sure the blood will just resorb. I can't imagine it influencing the development of your follies or uterine lining. Hope all is well with today's tests.

Hiker- I also felt that pressure that rq wrote about. And slight jabs of pain/stitches/pulling feelings in my uterus. I also started getting tired and dizzy just before my bfp but I just decided it was the progesterone. Fx for you!

Tulip- that's a good prognosis, hope they all make it to blast.

Bronte- your turn will be here soon :)

My scan is tomorrow in a week. If it turns out that there is no heartbeat or something we will have our 2 remaining embies transferred asap. Thinking so much about you all. X

Forgot to add- hiker, I had a 10000 iu pregnyl trigger 36 hours before er. On 5dp5dt I started testing with a cheapie test daily and was able to see the hcg from the trigger fade out (+ test line getting lighter) and then from 7dp5dt the lines started coming back stronger. (I still didn't believe it though until the second beta & will probably only really believe it after u/s!)

Hi Nimbec - my protocol went like this.
Day 2 - start stimming
Day 8 - Monitoring scan (the only scan I had)
Day 9 - trigger at 1130pm
Day 11 - EC
Day 16 - hopefully ET

This was the same as my protocol last time, apart from I had ET on Day 13

Fern - the wait for the first scan is worse than the 2WW I found! Looking forward to hearing about your the lovely little bean's heartbeat at your scan and you moving over to the pregnancy thread! X

Hi Nimbec.
I had a baseline scan on Friday, which was CD7, and started injecting that evening. I go back next Friday for a follie check scan and probably a blood test. After that depends on how things look, but she said to expect a scan at least every other day until trigger. I've heard they don't do many scans at all for NHS patients though, not even a baseline.

I'm already feeling small twinges in my ovaries, after just 2 injections. This is to be expected, as I have a lot of antral follicles (PCO with AMH of 78.9), so just trying to keep my fluids up and watching out for any signs of OHSS. I'm so excited!!

Just had the call! All 3 embies are going strong for me. I'm just amazed and over the moon! X

Thanks everyone

Fern I understand your worry and the worry never goes away it just 'changes' after your scan you will be worried about the next one and when they actually arrive in to the world the worry continues BUT it's all 100% worth it :) I can't wait to hear you excited after scan :)

Tulip yay amazing news!!!!!!!

Ellie thanks and yay for getting going, I also have a high AMH I think it was around 65ish (was taken a long time ago now!) but my follies don't really behave - well they didn't on clonid, look great to begin with then take forever to mature! Wonder if they will be the same this time...great you are feeling twinges I'm sure they will watch you super carefully and you will be just fine. I seem to remember you are on a very low dose of menopur? We are very close in time as I am day 5 stims today 2nd scan tomorrow. Blimey that sounds crazy but very believable about the NHS, sadly I'm having to pay 😞 So I will make sure I get my monies worth 😂

Tulip, that's awesome news! Keep on going, little embies!

Nimbec, yes, I'm paying too. It seems like I'm getting the best possible care, so it's worth it (they wouldn't fund it because I had a chemical pregnancy last summer). I'm on a low dose of gonal-f only, no menopur. I alternate 150iu and 75iu. It's exciting that we are so close, will be able to help each other with the 2ww.

Fern good luck with the scan!

Nimbec, I had scans the following days after starting stims day 5,7,9,10 and 11. Best of luck all this is so nerve wracking and adding in work is even harder!

Tulip, :wohoo: that is wonderful news! When are you transferring and how many?

Ellie, so happy you are injecting and stating to feel something! I hope your eggies are growing nice and plump for you.

Hi to everyone else and best of luck to those growing, twwing, and especially those preggo.

I am just trying to be patient and wait for the genetic testing. Ahhh...I have until Thrusday. DH and I talked that likely we would want to do one more fresh cycle if this one does not pan out and then look at other opportunities if the doc agrees. We are not trying to be negative...but hoping for the best and preparing for the worst is the only thing we can do.

I am super annoyed at my fertility clinic. I had a scan on Saturday (day 5) and was told to make an appointment for another scan Monday. As we are checking out, there is a new, very young receptionist. I ask her to book my scan for the clinic office nearest my office. She pokes at her computer a bit and says, "Okay, the clinic will call and confirm the time with you on Monday." I said, you aren't going to give me a time? "No, they will confirm it." I said it was weird that I couldn't at least book a time or make a preference - like every other time I've done this (it's my second round of IVF). So she said she could make a note. I told her I wanted the earliest appointment available that day. So she scratches this note, on the back of an old receipt on her desk. Doesn't note my name or anything else.

It's now Sunday afternoon, I have had no confirmation call and when I called - the clinic was already closed for today!! :growled: I am so bloody furious! So now, I have no appointment. Its highly doubtful they can get me in now and there is no way I can leave work to do it, unless they can squeeze me in for a lunchtime scan (nothing like a dildocam for lunch). I knew that twit had no clue what she was doing but I didn't push it because I didn't want to be a pushy American. If this round of IVF goes down the tubes - I will light that office up with my fury. I emailed my "team" to see what they can do and to express my extreme displeasure. This is a stressful enough process without this drama. What a pain in the a$$.

Sorry to vent. It was either that or go TP their office. Ha ha.

Merry I'm so sorry about your clinic what a nightmare 😕 You are quite right it is upsetting enough! Hopefully they can either fit you in or schedule for Tuesday - hopefully one day won't make too much difference But...very bad of them I agree!! I'm not sure I could have been so polite and I'd definitely let them know your thoughts tomorrow when you call. How many follies did they see sat? How are you getting on? I'm on day 5 stims today so similar timing to you.

Nimbec- I had a baseline ultrasound on cd2, then started stims of cd3.
I then had monitoring ultrasound and bloodwork on stimulation days 5 and 7. And am scheduled for another of day 10.
I'm going that will be my last one, but they might want me back again on day 11 of stims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->