IVF/FET May and June

Timeotry do they actually exist?! 🙈 Hope you are managing to get a bit of rest though!

Merry- good luck today!!
Timetotry- how you feeling? Stimming and Retrieval is the hardest part. Now comes the fun :)
Bronte- congrats on starting stimming!

I was feeling pretty rough by the evening yesterday. Standing made me really light headed and dizzy so I didn't leave the couch very often. I had more bleeding then round 1, and had to call the clinic to make sure it was okay. It stopped on its own and wasn't heavy enough for them to be concerned.
Hubby was great taking care of me.
Feeling pretty good today, achy and cramping but not too bad. I only took Tylenol this morning, but too something stronger this afternoon.
I've planted myself back on the couch for the next few hours!

Did you ladies do anything different/special diet wise in the tww?
I hear stuff about pomegranate and pineapple.

Three eggs collected today!! Woo hoo! Pleased as punch. Now fingers crossed for good fertilisation and growth before they get turned into frosties. Definitely a bit more sore this time but that makes sense when they pulled three, instead of just one last time. The hot water bottle has been my BFF this afternoon, but otherwise good.

Timetotry sorry you are feeling rough I agree rest as much as possible and let your partner do as much as possible! I've heard grapefruit juice but also pineapple etc I'll also be interested to hear what people recommend. Hope you feel better soon.

Merrymary great news.

Tim - did you get a fertilization report today??

Merry - congrats on 3

Yay Merry - 3 is great. Hope they fertilize. Do you have more retrievals planned? Or know when a transfer might happen. Good luck!

No, we don't get a report until day 2.
We did icsi, so hopefully they were able to inject them all!

I'm really interested to see how this goes compared to last cycle. Same medication protocols but I added in inositol, coq10 and pqq for the last 2.5 months. We got 14 eggs retrieved the first ivf, and only one made it to day 5, none to freeze.

Any tips for post retrieval bloating?
It started last night and it didn't go away over night.

I have plans today that require me to drive, so I don't want to take my narcotic painkiller (I will if I have to, but then I can't drive sigh)

We did ICSI as well have 12 retrieved, 8 ended up being fertilized and 4 made it to 5days. We have four frozen waiting for next time I guess.
habs had really bad fragmentation issues so I am sure that is why the numbers went down so much from retried to 5d.

Drink lots of water to get rid of the bloat, but most of it will take a few days.
Good luck!!

4 frozen is amazing!

We almost had 4 to freeze last time, but they stopped growing on day 5! Ugh.

Tim - Drink water. There isn't much you can do for the bloat :(

Got the call this morning that 2 out of the 3 eggs fertilized - hurrah! We will get an update Wednesday on how they are growing and how many will be frozen.

Bronte - I have one more round of collection to go, then must decide when to transfer after that. It's either immediately after the next collection but the 2WW would bump into a visit by my in-laws. Not usually the most zen time period but I will be working every day of their four day visit so slightly less stressful than their normal visit. If we wait for the next cycle - we'd be leaving for a long haul trip to the US to visit my family about 3 days after transfer. Not sure if putting my body through the stress of long distance travel so soon is a good idea either. Otherwise, we would have to wait for an early September cycle.

Also, appreciate the anti bloating tips. Wearing a dress today to try to hide my belly. Drinking boatloads of water!

The bloat is the worst! I look pregnant!
Lying with the heating pad on my belly right now.
No weight gain, but my abdomen is definitely distended.

Got some Gatorade for some electrolytes and eating salty soup. My clinic didn't mention any of that, but google has so I figured it's worth a shot!

Merry - hopefully you get the timing worked out and good luck!

I've heard conflicting into on the Gatorade, so I'm curious if it works as well.

AFM - just a quick question for everyone. Do the stimulating meds themselves hurt? How did you all feel during that process? A few of you have mentioned it, but not in too much detail. I have fairly painful ovulation now, I believe due to scar tissue from my previous ectopic and surgery. So should I prepare myself for similar pain? Or does it feel pretty much like an amplified ovulation? I've had to miss a few days of work here and there for normal ovulation, so just curious if I might need to plan for a few days to take off around this time.

Also, I'm assuming it gets worse towards retrieval, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->