IVF/FET May and June

My ovaries were achy during stims. Not all the time though. Sometimes I would get sharp pains but they were quick and transient.
I felt more pressure and fullness then anything else, during stims!
The fullness and aching was worse closer to stims. But each ivf cycle I had a very uncomfortable day around day 8 of stims, and then the next day would be better. It's almost like the ovaries moved their positions and gave me relief.

I know I've mentioned it before, but make sure you stay regular. Constipation made my ovaries really hurt.

Bronte - I didn't have any issues when stimming for my IVF cycle. I was expecting major bloating because I had it with a previous IUI cycle with injectables but I didn't experience bloating during IVF. I know I was really lucky. Also, my retrieval was a breeze, but that isn't true for everyone either.

All I can offer is every person and cycle are different.

Thanks TimetoTry and Rq - this is super helfpul. I know everyone is different so I might respond very differently. But I was mostly curious if everyone else's pains were similar to your existing O pain or if it's amplified. Since I already can get stabbing pains around O on occasions, I'm expecting to have more than normal.

I know you can't really plan for anything during this time, but that's hard. It feels so weird. My husband keeps asking if people can come visit or he can be out of town and I keep telling him, I have no idea, because I don't even know when CD1 is for sure yet. And I don't really know how I'm going to feel. He understands, but I think we are just ready to get started. It's been a long wait.

I've definitely had aching and fullness and a few stabbing pains the past few days. Not too bad though, I've still gone to work and done everything I normally do.

Second follie scan was today and I now have the following:
Lining: 8.4mm
Left ovary: 10, 10, 10, 9, 8x6mm
Right ovary: 10, 10, 9, 7, 15x6mm

So, now there are 31 follies developing but slooooooow growth. I am to up my dose a tiny bit (150iu gonal-f every day, instead of alternating 150 and 75) and go back for a third scan on Thursday. I went straight back to school, even had a parents' evening just now! It felt surreal to be there, as my mind is so not on school at all.
I can't wait until Thursday.
Looking like trigger at weekend and retrieval early next week...

Yay Ellie - tons of follicles. Hope the others catch up so you'll have even more. Good luck for trigger and retrieval.

Feeling like it's all over for me. I did a FRER yesterday at 5dp5dt and not even a squinter of a line. I've felt nothing really in the way of symptoms, feeling gutted. I had 2 x 5 day blasts transferred, I thought I had a good chance :-(

So sorry Tulip Girl. I'm sure it's super hard not to give up hope. But it is still a tad early and you still have a chance. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hi everyone

Bronte I was really worried as I get very bad pains at ovulation as in sometimes I'm doubled over in pain but the stimming process so far has been ok - I'll let you know in another few days of the last few days make a difference.

Ellie damn our high AMH! It makes us difficult to manage - seems like your clinic had it all under control, fingers crossed for Thursday - mine grew a lot in the last few days so I'd think yours will too!

Timetotry so sorry you are feeling rough :( I'm dreading it... Let me know if you find anything works!

Merry great news!! Timing is always so difficult but I do t think there is ever a 'right' time - I try to say to myself it it happened naturally then we would t be planning around events etc so I'd say just do it when you feel most comfortable. Looking forward to hearing your embie reports.

Well as for me...nothing ever goes as planned 😪 Today they have told me to probably expect a freeze all cycle as I have too many follies..25 plus 😓 It depends how many grow before Wednesday I take trigger tonight and collection 9am Wendesday - if they collect more than 15 they probably won't transfer 😪 And apparently I may still get this ohss - feeling a bit down to be honest! I know their is still a 'chance' they will go ahead but preparing for not doing. Then I just have to home I get some to freeze!!!

Bronte- I didn't feel much to be honest. Maybe a bit of the fullness that others have described.

Tulip girl- I think 5dp5dt is still super early. Don't count yourself out yet!

Nimbec- I'm really sorry, I hope they decide to go through with the transfer this cycle. If it makes you feel better I had 21 retrieved on my fresh cycle and they did the transfer that cycle.
Elicain- seems like a great number. Slow and steady wins the race :) your lining looks nice and thick which is great!

Nimbec - thanks so much. That's very helpful. I get that same doubled over pain during ovulation so I'm really glad to hear stims might not be as bad.

Sorry you are having too many but I've seen some with more not develop OHSS. So let's really hope that doesn't happen. It's nice they want to freeze all as a precaution though. It might not be what you planned for but sounds like it might be best. Good luck. We will end up doing a FET most likely as well.

Ya, my stomach achiness didn't feel like my ovulation at all. My ovulation on meds is very painful and stims didn't even come close!

Tulip- it might still be too early! Fingers crossed for you

Nimbec- have they talked about lupron trigger? Hopefully you don't get ohss! What was your most recent e2?

It's been busy on here, love it, lots happening!!

Tulip girl- fx you get a line soon! I only got my true + (after the line from the hcg trigger faded) at 12dpo. Xx did you freeze your other embie?

Nimbec- ahhh hun I know that's NOT the news you wanted to hear! At least many eggs are way better than no eggs. The process might just take longer (hope not!) And also hoping you don't get ohss. X Keep us updated xx. I'm really hoping you can transfer this cycle though.

Someone spoke about bloating? Sorry but at 7,4 weeks I'm still super bloated (it never went away) and at my scan yesterday it was apparent that the ovary where they got eggies from is still massively swollen with huge fluid filled follicles. Dr didn't seem too concerned but he said that it's causing a lot of my bloating issues, even more so than the progesterone. Online reading indicated it happens a lot in ivf. So the bloating might not subside for a long time.... hoping it turns into a baby bump for all of you. Xxxx

Merry- that's great news, sounds like you are doing even better than what they've aimed for :).

Bronte- naw mine never got as painful as O pains. Swollen, sore & uncomfortable; sure. The gonal-f injections were a bit painful but not the others (I never had PIO). GL!

Tww tips: keep your feet warm, don't drink/eat cold stuff, keep moving& walking for proper blood circulation. Lots of fluids and nutrition, keep on eating a lot of protein. Watch comedies and laugh a lot if you can to limit excess stress hormones. Folic acid & baby asprin. Xx

Who is testing next?

Forgot to mention Ellie those numbers sound great!! And great lining. :)

Timetotry just take it easy hun these procedures takes a huge toll on our bodies & leaves us in energy debt. Hope you are feeling better & can't wait for your report. X

So, I took a double dose of my pain meds yesterday afternoon (it's allowed lol) and that helped with the pain, and then took another double dose at bedtime.
This morning seems much better pain and bloat wise.
My body must have been pretty angry with me yesterday!

So as of yesterday (day 2) we have 7 embryos dividing well, 6 of which were over 4 cells already. Scheduled for a day 5 transfer.

Fern- 7 weeks already?! Amazing! I'm so excited for you! When is your next appt?

Hi all

Timetotry i had the trigger last night but was forewarned it can make things worse - no other option 'apparently' hmm great news your embies are doing so well!! When is day 5? What painkillers are we allowed?

Fern wowsers time flies exciting - have you had your scan yet?

As for me collection tomorrow morning 8.45am fingers crossed their is enough but not too many!!! I'm feeling ok, mega thirsty but been drinking loads - felt a bit weird earlier but bought some lucozade sport and it made me feel much better! I'll update tomorrow :)

How is everyone else?

Nimbec - really hope you have the perfect amount at retrieval. Good luck.

AFM - started spotting today, so AF should be here within 2-4 days. Happy to get started!

Yay Nimbec, hope it goes well. Hopefully I'll just be a few days behind you :)

Bronte, good luck getting started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"