IVF/FET May and June

I've been taking tramacet, they were going to give me percocet but I've had bad experiences with them I the past. I have only taken one today and I'll take another at bedtime tonight, hopefully tomorrow I won't need any. I won't take any on or after transfer day.
Day 5 will be on Thursday. I'm kinda hoping to do a 2 embryo transfer but we will see what my doctor recommends.

Bronte- yay spotting! Never been so excited to have you period start eh? Lol

Nimbec- good luck with your retrieval! I've been drinking a lot of electrolyte drink since, as I've read they are good post retrieval. I find Gatorade too sweet, but someone told me to try Nuun tablets. They are electrolyte drinks too, you just drop a tablet in water. A bunch of different flavours too

Hi all quick update

They retrieved 15 eggs 😀 Which is about the cut off for doing the fresh transfer but they say all looks good and fingers crossed we are on for transfer ! Yay! However the procedure was fine but the meds made me so sick 😪 I literally vomitted for hours inc a 1.5hr trip home from clinic I was terrible. Now much better but am in a LOT of pain - they said I can only have paracetamol which has made no difference...any suggestions??! Help!! I'm in bed as can't stand up straight :( xx

Nimbec - wonderful news. 15 is great and that's wonderful they will still be able to do the fresh transfer most likely. Good luck! Hopefully they fertilize and continue to grow and you don't have any side effects. So sorry you are in so much pain. Not sure what to help with that. Hopefully someone has a good suggestion. I know the fluids are important though.

Nimbec, that is a great number! The pain does get better. I did try to eat a good amount of salt to help draw out excess fluid. If they did not give you pain meds I would say a heating pad might help.

Bronte, so exciting for you to get started!

Ellie, you are so close and in the home stretch. Excited to hear about Thursday!

Timetotry, yeah...Thursday is so close. When will they give you the number the recommend?

Hi to everyone else I missed!

As for me my liking check was pretty bad, only a four. Ugh! We are upping my estrogen and going back next week. Anyone had problems with a thin lining? If so, what helped you?

Mdc- yes! It was a nightmare my FET was pushed a week since it was too thin. They gave me estridol valterate which is an injection in addition to the 8mg a day estrace. 4mg orally and 4mg vaginally
I think it was 7mm thick when we did the transfer. Ideally thicker is still better tho.

Glad it worked for you so I am hoping for me also. I was kind of surprised they did not give me a inj either. I probably should have pushed it. I have done a lot of reading and 7 appears to be good and even better if it is trilaminar. Obviously it worked for you!

Nimbec- Thats great about your numbers!! I'm happy for you!
Sorry you are feeling so crappy. I don't tolerate medications very well either (they gave me fentanyl for my retrieval) and narcotics make me soooo nauseous. Do you have any gravol? I had to start taking a gravol pill with each dose of painkiller or I got nauseated and almost vomited. I hope this passes quickly for you! Day 2 was my worst day, but today is the 4th day and I'm almost back to normal and havent taken a single painkiller.
Oh and yes, heating pad was my best friend on the bad days!
Feel better soon!!

MDC- I've had problems with thin lining previously. They usually put me on vaginal estrace and that helps thicken it right up. I have PCOS and they said some PCO women don't respond to the exogenous estrogen, so I was lucky that I did. Were you taking estrogen already when your lining was 4mm? What point of your cycle are you currently?

AFM, I spent the morning enjoying the sun on my deck and doing some education I need for work. I figured I would bask in the heat one last time before the embryo(s) are transferred and then I will have to stay out of the sun!
We won't know how many made it until we get to the clinic tomorrow morning, and will talk with our doctor at that point to decide how many to transfer. I wish they would give us more updates, but its something about the regulations here (eyeroll).

timetotry - sorry they don't give you more updates. How annoying and frustrating. But good luck tomorrow!

mdc - good luck getting the lining thickened up. Really hope it works!

Nimbus - I'm sorry you are in so much pain. If it persists - I'd call your clinic. Happy to hear about your numbers though!

I had a call from the lab today - one embryo has the highest grading possible and is now being frozen. The second isn't dividing as rapidly so they are going to watch it for 3 more days. I'm thrilled with one good egg!

Last night my husband and I went to a play about a couple going through IVF. It was an even split focused both on the man's perspective and the woman's. It was so good! We both identified with so much of it. Apparently a lot of the clinics here in London are sending their staff to see it so they can understand what this process is like for their patients.

I had a call from the lab today - one embryo has the highest grading possible and is now being frozen. The second isn't dividing as rapidly so they are going to watch it for 3 more days. I'm thrilled with one good egg! to hear about your numbers

Last night my husband and I went to a play about a couple going through IVF. It was an even split focused both on the man's perspective and the woman's. It was so good! We both identified with so much of it. Apparently a lot of the clinics here in London are sending their staff to see it so they can understand what this process is like for their patients.

So glad you got one frozen embryo. Yay!

Also, the play sounds fabulous. What's the name of it? I'm not anywhere near London, but if they travel with it, I'd love to check it out. I like that they focus on the man's perspective as well so you can help see things from the opposite side.

Timetotry - can't wait for you to be PUPO! !

Nimbec- sooo happy you get to do a fresh transfer. I highly suggest some codeine tablets if you feel comfortable with it. I was prescribed just 6 codeine & paracetamol pills which I took over the 2 days after retrieval. By the time transfer comes around the effects will be long gone. Hope you are better soon!

So glad you got one frozen embryo. Yay!

Also, the play sounds fabulous. What's the name of it? I'm not anywhere near London, but if they travel with it, I'd love to check it out. I like that they focus on the man's perspective as well so you can help see things from the opposite side.

The play was called The Quiet House. It was so relatable! I laughed and cried. And you're right - it did help to understand each other's perspective more. Highly recommend it if it comes your way.

I've heard of that on a secret Facebook group I'm in! I really wanted to go, but can't right now. I hope I get to see it someday.

Mdc's lining: you and I need to have words about your thinness. You need to grow. Now.

Nimbec, that's great news about fresh transfer. Fingers crossed it all goes well and your pain dies down.

I have my 3rd follicle check tomorrow and I really hope they have grown. Not all of them, but a few. This 31 follie bloat is driving me insane. I'm a teacher and everyone (staff and students) keeps staring at my enormous stomach! I'm sure they are all convinced I'm about 5 months pregnant!

Elliecain- good luck on your scan tomorrow!

Nimbec- keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Merry- was the play only local? I wonder if you can see it online or tv. I'll make my DH watch it lol!

I couldn't have a fresh transfer for the same reason nimbec but think it was all for the best in the end. Seems like such a long wait in between but it soon goes believe me! Gives your body time to recover too, 15 eggs is a brilliant amount! Hope you get a good amount that fertilise xxx

Sorry about my half-reply yesterday! Hubby and I made a pact for me not to go on bnb in the evenings when he is home (he has to give up playing clash of clans during that same time) because we are trying to "get closer as a family" before baby arrives. So I had started to reply and never got around to most of the ladies before he got home :).

Anyway - mdc I HOPE you respond well to the increased estrogen dosage! When will you be going for your next scan?

Ellie - looking forward to your updates. 31 follies, wow!

Mary - great that you definitely have one so far! Hoping the others catch up too.

Nimbec are you feeling a bit better? Fertilization report??

Timetotry - are you PUPO yet?? :coffee::flower:

Bronte - soooo happy that you will finally be joining the mad race :)

I look forward to everyone's updates so much every day!

I agree with Fern - I love hearing everyone's updates.

I haven't written much because honestly I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone's details, but I appreciate Fern's summary! lol. Either way, know that I'm rooting for ALL of you and wishing you all great successes! It's so exciting that the group of you are going through ER and ET right around the same time!

Hi all

Thank you for all your advice sorry I didn't reply last night I was a bit rough 🙈. Well good news here today 11 out of my 15 eggs fertilised 😀😀😀 so I'm booked for a 5 day transfer 1.30pm Monday!! Sadly they do not update me on the embies progress in between but she said it was very unlikely that I wouldn't have a good one to put back. SO now I have to avoid ohss so they don't cancel the transfer! I feel terribly bloated today and I don't have much room for eating especially when having to drink so much....tips greatly appreciated as ever...along with avoiding ohss tips as I'm a candidate for it 🙄🙄. I'm determined not to get it so I can do this fresh transfer.

Fern I think that's a great idea having family time! Something we should do in our house. Have you had your scan yet?

Rq how's things with you and your 2 bubs- have you told anyone yet you are expecting twins?

Ellie wowsers 31! Have they told you if they will let you transfer or have to do frozen? When is your next scan? Can't be far away now? Hope you have some nice plump follies in there.

Timetotry how are you?

Hope everyone else is ok! I also look forward to updates :)

Omw YAY nimbec!! Hope you can avoid ohss. Will you be transferring 1 or 2 on monday? Sorry I know you've asked about my scan before. Had one on Monday. Saw and heard hb, baby measuring exactly spot on! My next scan will only be at 12 weeks though (fetal assessment scan). Xx

Thanks Fern 😀😀! So pleased to hear all good at your scan - exciting times ahead!! I will be transferring one I know it's a personal decision and I just don't feel that twins would be right for our family situation and I also may have complications carrying twins due to having an old injury - fractured spine 🙈. I will hopefully use my Frosties if I get any to try and get my bfp rather than put 2 in now. Very hard decision tho and hubby and I have discussed many times at length...lets hope I get a sticky one this time! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->