IVF/FET May and June

PUPO!
We transferred 2 morulas. The lab said they were both growing very well but just aren't quite to blast stage yet. The one was starting to show some separation into the different layers, and the other one was slightly behind but had even grown more in the few hours between when they checked them this morning until transfer.
I'm excited we transferred 2, I hope they catch up!

Anyone else have morulas and not quite blasts?

Congrats timetotry! ! I don't think you need to be concerned that they are not quite blasts yet- sounds like they are developing nicely and that is what counts xx. Will you do hpts or wait for beta?

Nimbec- we also decided to only transfer one, for much the same reason. You will definitely have frosties to use later on too. X

Yay congrats timetotry! I have heard that they catch up well inside you so fingers crossed! When will you test? I'm confused about testing as I had trigger before egg collection...

First ivf I tested out the trigger, and then started testing daily a few days later. I drove myself insane and made myself very depressed.
I'd like to not do that again. I didn't order any cheap tests, although I found a few in the cupboard when cleaning.
My clinic does betas on day 18 so it won't be until the first week of July. I'll probably cave and test before then at home, I'm just gonna try to go as long as I can and not test daily!

Timetotry, Congrats on being two times PUPO! I think transferring growing morulas is perfectly fine! I did not have a transfer, but I know my blasts were not there until day 6 so if I was not going to do pgs we would have done the morula. And...they both grew to blasts one stage 5 and the other stage 6 and that was just in the lab. You have a great shot. About the estrogen I was on oral estrogen and cd 14 so ugh! I think thE stagnant dose stalled me out and they should have tapered me up. I am now adding in vaginal so hoping it works.

Merry, that is one wonderful egg and I hope the other catches up! The play sounds lovely.

Ellie, I know I said this other places but hoping you have retrieval soon!

Fern, scan next Tuesday. Ahhh... More waiting :winkwink:

Number, those are some awesome fertilized embies. I would make sure you are eating enough salt to help get rid of the fluid, especially if you are drinking a lot of water.

Hi to everyone else and all the preggos (so amazing all the good scan news!). So I am just trying to do all I can to get my lining nice and cushy. If it does not work, then at least I know I did all I could. Next time I am going to push for a tapering schedule (more similar to a natural cycle) and more monitoring to add in added doses (maybe even inj e2) earlier. My highest lining was on IVF and it was only 7.3, so my lining needs more attention than the average bear :haha:

Timetotry - whooo hooo. Congrats on being PUPO! Sounds like they are making great progress. I agree that it's likely more important that they are continuing to grow then anything. Hope you have success staying away from the tests, so you don't stress yourself out. 18 days seems long. I'd probably cave as well. Good luck!

Fern - yay for a great scan. So glad you came to update us. I love hearing about stuff like that!

nimbec - we are having a hard time trying to decide between 1 and 2 as well. I'd rather they take, but would prefer one at a time. I'd take twins for sure, but think we might stick with 1 for the first transfer. We'll see. Hope you still get to transfer and it goes well. Rest up!

Mdc - good luck beefing up your lining!

Ellie - the bloat does sound horrible. Hope it's all worth it and you get some good eggs!

Best of luck Nimbec. I don't think putting back 1 is a bad thing, esp if you have strong embies that can be frozen.

I'm doing great, thanks for asking. At this time, I'm having minimal symptoms (7w4d). MS hasn't really started for me yet. I feel tired some days but not others. My US last week was great and I have another next Thursday.
Close friends and family know we are having twins and some old coworkers that also went through fertility know. We told my Dad and stepmom on Father's day and the big reveal to my in-laws is actually going to happen tonight. Other than those people, we will keep it hush hush until we can't anymore. Unfortunately, I think that might occur sooner rather than later with some of the twin belly pics I have seen.

I'm very excited you get to transfer Monday! I also didn't get any updates after the fert report. Just say prayers that your embies are growing strong and try to stay calm. It will be here before you know it!

Tim - Congrats on being PUPO. I caved and tested 5dp5dt. When I got a positive I just tested the next day so I could make sure the line got darker. Good luck during the wait!

Rq - congrats on the positive scans. You sound like you are progressing well and the twins are doing great. Good luck with the reveal tonight!

Thanks for all the good wishes and great to hear all the good news on this thread.

3rd follie scan was today...
My lining is great, 11mm, but follies are still slow growing.
I have 1x15mm, about 7x10-13mm and a ton of 6mm. I'm not sure any of the little ones will be relevant, so only about 8 growing well.
Dose has been upped to 225iu daily and next scan is on Sunday morning.
Today was stim day 14 and likely to be doing another 5 days at least. Ugh.

Thank you everyone :)

Ellie I had to stimm for 3 extra dats too I was meant to have EC Monday but was pushed back to Wednesday- it's surprising how fast they can catch up ...keeping fingers crossed for you that they grow like mad.

did any of you ladies use cyclogest?

Do any of you take melatonin?
My naturopath had put me on it (and a few other things) to try to improve egg quality. They said I can continue the melatonin through the whole ivf, but I've read some conflicting thing.
Some say it's increases ivf success in women that took it after transfer but other sites say not to take it. (I take a smaller dose, 3mg)
Not sure whether or not to take it.

Also, I felt excited after transfer. Now I'm feeling skeptical. I wish the odds we were given (30%) were higher. Sigh.

My doc recommended melatonin with instructions to stop when pregnant. I took melatonin until transfer day or 1-2 days after.

Also, hang in there and try to be positive. :hugs:

Timetotry- congrats on being pupo! When is your beta scheduled and will you test early?

Elli- I hope you get great news on Sunday and I think upping the dose will help with those follies growing a bit more. I'm jealous of your thick lining :)

Nimbec, yes, I'll be using cyclogest.
I'm trying not to feel too disheartened by my slo-gro follies. I just need to keep on hoping and maybe Sunday will bring me good news.

Sorry I've been awol after all your lovely good wishes about my bfn at 5dp5dt. I took another yesterday, 9dp5dt and to my absolute surprise I had the faintest of faint lines. I was totally shocked. It's not looking good though as I'd expect a decent line by now I'd say.

I bought some more tests yesterday, but they weren't the same type. So this morning I have another faint line on a different type of test! I ordered some more FRER that arrive today, so I may do one later to see if the line has progressed any. I'm getting a little discharge, although not much really and some cramping. Not much I can do really, but my heart tells me this pregnancy isn't going to be successful. My head is mashed...but I've concluded to have a line and it to go pear-shaped is better than having no line at all? At least I know my old eggs can still implant! xx

Oh Tulip Girl - what a bundle of mixed emotions you must be feeling. Hugs. I will remain very cautiously optimistic for you. Do you have a beta? (Can't remember which clinics do them and which don't). If so, when is that or the ultrasound?

Tulip girl please post some pics! If implantation happened late, eg 12dpo /7dp5dt which is still normal, your lines will still be light. I HOPE they darken!! :) xx

Just got a call from the lab that our second embryo reached blastocyst and looks great! It will be frozen to wait for transfer. So, so happy! We have two frosties waiting for us. One more cycle of IVF and retreival to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->