IVF/FET May and June

I don't know, I'm afraid Time.
I think having a holiday is an excellent idea and the time should help you to relax.

Fern, I reckon the spotting was old implantation bleed from days before that got dislodged when we dtd for the first time in a month the night before! My symptoms are: feeling very randy, being boiling hot and sweaty, heartburn/acid indigestion and sore boobs.

Congrats Ellie!! So exciting

So glad you were able to go home Nimbec. It's been a long road for you.

Those all sound like very positive symptoms Ellie.

As for next steps for me, I'm trying to get in to see the doctor sooner than the August 23 appointment I could get. We are going to travel to the main clinic to hopefully talk to one of the two doctors that were subs for my doctor during this cycle to hopefully get some insight on what went wrong and what could be changed up. Then I want a meeting with my doctor when he's finally back from vacation to talk about the game plan for the next cycle. I'd like to start in August but would like the best chance possible. So not sure if it would be wiser to wait.

Bronte,

I really hope they can help you find some answers and come up with a plan for next time.

If it helps, I follow an embryologist on Instagram and Facebook called IVF Explained. They have answered some questions for me and have done posts about everything you might want to know (meds to improve egg quality, role of NKC, when to put embies back etc.). I have found this so brilliant, as they do answer your questions really quickly and treat you like a person, not just a patient.

Recently, they did a post about what to ask after a failed cycle:

When a couple get a negative result after an IVF cycle, it is a devastating experience. Most couples describe it as "a bomb dropped in the middle of the living room". After the initial disappointment, a million questions come up. The best way to deal with it is to write down these questions. Do not miss anything, however trivial, that you would like to to ask the doctor at the follow up discussion.
What should you ask? Here are some examples
Why does your Dr feel your cycle failed?
Was the stimulation protocol correct in retrospect?
Did they get the number of eggs they expected?
Was the quality of the eggs and the sperm as expected?
Was the embryology team happy with the fertilisation?
Did the embryos progress as they were hoping?
Was the embryo transfer smooth and easy?
Were the meds that you were given after the transfer the correct ones? Was any given at all?
Were you and your partner given the right nutritional advice in preparation for the cycle.

If any of these answers are no, then yourself and the medical/embryology team are very close to finding the answer to the negative result. If possible, you should be presented with an alternative plan at the time of the discussion with the doctor. But this is only if he or she believes the changes proposed will make a difference. In other words, you should aim for these small changes that will make a good plan perfect for the next attempt.
For the next IVF attempt, you can ask your doctor to do more elaborate tests. These may reveal the reasons for the previous failure. Thrombophilia tests, immunological tests, sperm tests or hysteroscopy/laparoscopy could be discussed with your clinician. (see relevant posts in this insta account). Finally, arm yourself with confidence that the cycle will be successful next time, and you will get your baby. See a fertility counsellor if you feel you or your partner needs it. Stress is a large factor in an IVF cycle and we feel a counsellor can help. We have seen numerous couples getting a baby with the 6th, 9th, even 13th attempt. They had one thing in common, they didn't give up! #ivfexplained #ivf #ttc #ttcsisters #ivfjourney

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/www.ivfexplained.org

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ivf_explained

Thanks Ellie - I am definetly going to look them up even though the last sentence in that statement did annoy me: "they didn't give up." I wish we could afford 6, 9, or 13 attempts. It wouldn't be fun that's for sure but I'd do it if I could. But who on earth can afford that many cycles. I've seen several people on here that it took 5 cycles. But I just don't think we have the resources to do that and that is devestated in itself that this next cycle feels like our last shot. I'm debating seeing the counselor myself because I know that's an unhealthy outlook to have going into an IVF cycle. Stress is the last thing we need.

I felt exactly the same way about the last line! I was going to take it when I quoted, but figured you'd see it on the site anyway. In my opinion, successful IVF is not actually about not giving up, it's about the right protocol and a lot of luck!

I would absolutely recommend you see a counsellor. I only saw Wendy twice, but she was an immense help. Make sure it is one who is trained in infertility and IVF because you don't want to have to explain medical terms to them.

On the subject of stress... Of course it is better to avoid it. However, I have read some studies that suggest intense stress has no direct effect on implantation and pregnancy success. I was more stressed than I would ever have thought would be OK and this then made me worry I was harming my chances.

I want this so much for you, Bronte. I'm really hopeful that your next round will do the trick. I'm sending you strength and love :dust:

Ellie, as I have said multiple time :winkwink: I am so excited for you and the bees.

Nimbec, so glad you are headed home.

Time, I think it is a great idea to go on a trip and reward yourself after all this crazy ttc stuff. As for embryo transfers I have heard there is not much added benefit of putting two back in over one. However, some time just a little extra percentage is comforting. I cannot remember where you are with twins, but if you are not fine...easier to put back one.

Es, any symptoms?

Bronte, I hope you get some answers. When that happened to me my report said it was really down to egg quality. If we have to cycle again the only thing she would change would be to add HGH which sometimes helps with quality.

I did my day 12 scan on my natural cycle as better than last month, but still at least a couple mms to go. I am 4.86 now and my goal is 7 by the time I O which is probably in 3 days. I really think I am just always on the low side, but I did get preggo before and kept it for 10 weeks so I know it can work. Right now I am doing everything I can to grow the lining eating the right things (protein, pate...not a huge straight liver fan, green leafy veggies, bone broth, low carb, pomegranate juice), taking my supplements, fertility yoga, and electric acu. Geez..typing that out is a lot.

Not really any symptoms.
Feeling completely low today. Unmotivated, emotional. Convinced myself that I'm gonna get bfn on Friday. The heat here today is unbearable n making me cranky too. Omg I'm Just 1 big moaner, wish i could snap out of it! x

Mdc, I'm sending lots of growth vibes your lining's way! Come on!

ES, I remember how I felt 3 days before OTD. I had several meltdowns and my consultant sorted me out a counsellor. I felt scared and alone and it was horrible. I didn't feel ready to test until 3 days after OTD, the day I woke up and felt pregnant. Until then, I was sure it would be negative. I'm very hopeful for you :dust: xxx
This heat is certainly quite a challenge.

Afm, I just went to the GP surgery to have blood taken for TSH, as I'm slightly hypothyroid and on thyroxine so it needs to be checked now I'm pregnant (that still feels odd to type). I also asked her to do FBC, ferritin (I have a history of anaemia and this can cause probs in early preg) and BHCG. The latter is against my clinic's advice, but I just want to know. I break up for the summer on Thursday lunchtime, so I'll go back in the afternoon for another one then and can check doubling time. Exciting!

I started taking tummy pics today, as I'm 5 weeks. My first ever maternity purchase also turned up and I love it! A turquoise t shirt with a unicorn and "I'm hoping for a unicorn" where the bump will be.

Thanks Ellie, It's brought back all the old memories of trying naturally n all the bfns I saw but I've done the majority of the waiting now, just a few more days! I've got 5 more on ice if things don't work out this time x

Think I'm out, woke up with cramps n just started spotting 😢 x

ES oh no...how many days post transfer are you? Cramps is normal & maybe implantation bleeding?

When is test day? Hugs!!

I'm 9dp5dt, OTD is Friday. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm really struggling x

Oh Hun that really could be implantation bleeding or irritated cervix I seem to remember Ellie had some spotting about this time and got her bfp. Only a few days to go if you can hold out till test day. Thinking of you and sending big hugs! X

Thanks Nimbec, Yer I'm waiting till Friday, pretty sure AF will beat me to it. I really hope and pray not though! X

I'd be totally fine with twins, but if it only increases our odds minimally, then I would feel like I was wasting the extra embryo... Know what I mean? Not quite sure how much of am increase would make me want to transfer both.

Got lucky and there was a cancellation so we see our doctor in a couple of weeks!

Es, ugh sorry about the cramps. Hoping it is just some ligament stretching. Hugs!

Time, I totally get what you mean about if there is just a small increase not sure if it is worth it to but both in when you could get two chances.

Hi to everyone else!

Opk still stark white so likely going in for another ultrasound tomorrow morning. I guess that is good because I am giving my lining time to plump, but waiting...waiting...waiting. Ahhhhh!!!!

Es- aawww hun waiting to test and wondering really sucks. I had lots of cramping in the beginning so I'm hoping it's not af for you. Fx hun!

Mdc- good job on the super healthy eating and doing your best to create a healthy home. We don't have a lot of control over any of this so you taking control of what you can is just inspiring. Grow lining grow!

Timetotry - my dr is of the opinion it's not the number of embies, but the number of times the process is repeated. That's why I was very happy to insist on single embryo transfer. Good luck for whatever you decide, hope it happens very soon. :)

Bronte- thinking of you x

If it wasn't for the spotting (which is a very normal AF sign for me) I'd be more hopeful than how I'm feeling right now but all i can do now is try and stay positive and wait till Friday to test x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->