IVF/FET May and June

So my appointment went well. Lining is 9. I'll keep taking the estrogen and add progesterone starting Saturday night (while still taking the estrogen). Transfer will be next Thursday. She didn't even ask me if we were doing one or two. Is this something I should call and tell them or is telling them day of okay? Not sure if they need to prepare differently for one vs two. Also what is a good lining number? I'm at 9 as of today but It should keep building since I'm still taking estrogen. Does it stop building once I start taking the progesterone?

Hi star!
We talked about the number we wanted to transfer before we started to our fet cycle, and had to give a signed consent form this week before our transfer can happen. Maybe call you clinic and check?
How many do you have frozen?
I've been on estrogen for 14 days. I had a lining check 2 days ago and my lining was 8mm, which they said was great and I started my progesterone that evening. I've had thicker lining before (1.2cm) but that was on estrogen and stims and since I'm not stimming I think it makes sense since my body won't be producing additional estrogen from developing follicles. Not sure if it keeps building once you start estrogen, I've only ever had one post-ov ultrasound and can't remember how it compared. I think you're good with your 9.
My transfer is scheduled for Fri, 3 days to go!

Time wow 3 days till you transfer! How exciting. Fx! How do you take your progesterone? Are there any special things you are doing during this time before your FET?

I start progesterone Saturday night. I think I will def call them to make sure everything is in order. I'm surprised they didn't ask today so I'll just make the call tomorrow to touch base w them.

Best wishes for your transfers Star and Time. So exciting!

Star - I'd definetly call and double check everything.

Star and Time I hope you both get bfps!!! Both those lining numbers sound great :) I've heard if lining is too thick a cycle can also be cancelled (it starts to shed early & suboptimal blood flow). That almost happened to me and I had to drastically cut down my estrogen. Again, yours sound perfect though :).

Will you be testing early or wait for the official test date?

Every finger and toe crossed for those frosties!

Fern - Thanks for the support. I want to say I'll wait till the official test date but I'm not sure. Right now just praying everything goes well on Thursday. I've heard the transfer procedure is pretty simple but still just a bit anxious.

Transfer was almost an anticlimax for me... such an important procedure, over and done in 10 minutes, I walked out like nothing had happened! Good luck :)

Yup transfer is super quick and easy. It's a lot like a pap procedure. Best of luck to everyone getting a transfer. How exciting!!

Thanks Fern!
I'm pupo again!
Transferred a 4BB blast. So its more developed then our previous transfers. The lab kept saying how great it looked and that it was a big one. Fingers crossed it sticks!

Yay congrats on being PUPO, Time. Really hope this is the lucky one for you! Great news that the lab thinks it's good and more developed! Was this your first FET too? Hopefully that's the change you needed and it's good news!

Star - did you transfer yesterday? Hope it went well!

Thanks gals!
Yes this was my first FET. my other 2 transfers were fresh.
The FET cycles seems so easy and less involved!
I'm hoping that less stress on my body, less meds and this little (big!) blast are what finally works!

I had a 4B embie put back in... and look what happened! B for Best and Brilliant and Baby!

All the best for you and your great quality blast!! <3

Time, :wohoo: being PUPO so exciting! Does your doc recommend any bed rest?

Star, have you transferred yet?

Hello to everyone else...especially the preggo stalkers. :haha:

This cycle I am doing a natural one and when I went for a liking check it was around 9, but bad news is it was really tilted and shadowy. Ugh!!!! I did trigger like they asked me to last night and will talk to my doc since she is on call today. Ahhh...don't know what to do I am leaning toward just doing it but also so worried about my lining not being the best. This all around sucks. My biggest fear is not necessarily wasting a pgs normal since I have four but really a miscarriage. I know this is no news to everyone but this is never easy.

Mdc - you have had a really hard time. What does the "shadowy" part suggest? I think you just have to go for it and hope for the best. There's definetly no guarantees but really hope you have success with your transfer.

Thanks everyone!
No bedrest or any modifications recommended. They said to go on with life like normal. Although I won't be working out during the tww, and I traded out of my night shifts for the next couple of weeks just to be extra cautious.
I have 4 days off work but that's just how my schedule and FET worked out.
I have a bunch of baking to do for events over the next week, I'm not looking forward to being on my feet in the kitchen too much but it could be a great distraction

Mdc- what does shadowy lining mean?

I think Mdc's shadowy lining means that it might be a bit of shadow that they are measuring because it's tilted. This would mean the actual lining is a bit thinner, but still awesome, in my opinion! Am I right, Mdc?

Time - my ftx that the transfer is successful!!! loved elliecaines comment on 4B - hope it works out for you! what does pupo mean?

mdc - have you decided what you will do? in the past have you had better lining - like less tilt or less shadowy? what does the doc recommend?

afm - my transfer was scheduled for this coming thursday, but something at work came up, and so i switched it to friday. this process is way more important to me than anything else, and i would never move the date if there was even the smallest chance that it would effect my chances for successful implantation. but i remember when I initially set the date, they just asked me if there was any day that did not work for me, meaning all days were up for grabs depending on what they had available. so i called and asked if it could be switched and they said yes b/c i have not started taking my progesterone (i start tonight, but before i was supposed to start yesterday night and once that is started the date is locked and cannot be moved). i told them that i would definitely rather do thursday if there were any risks to moving it by one day and they said it made absolutely no difference to the chances, and if anything friday is better bc it allows my lining to get thicker (though i know its not good if it gets too thick). on tuesday (sep 13th) it was 9mm. hopefully everything goes well.

the other thing is i start my progesterone tonight. when i checked with my pharmacy they had an old prescription that they had given me when i did my iui for progesterone 200mg and another one for inducing AF for 100mg. so i did not know which prescription it was. called the nurse and she said either is okay as long as i take it three times a day. but between the two she said do the 200mg b/c more is better. so that's what im doing. for those of you who took progesterone after transfer, what was your dose?

PUPO = Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise! I loved finally getting to that point.

My cyclogest progesterone pessaries were 400mg twice a day until 12 weeks. By about 10 weeks, I hated them and I was so relieved to stop! Mainly because I had a little spotting after sex around implantation, so I had to switch from inserting vaginally to anally... There's nothing quite like sticking something up your a*** twice a day... Sorry for TMI!
I'd rather have done injections, to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->