IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Worst day ever...tempted to cancel the cycle and get my money back. Had a follicle scan today and they measured nothing but claim there are way too many eggs. They are looking at quantity and not quality. Don't even know the sizes or my lining. Drew my blood but never got the E2 level. He's saying there are too many and they may retrieve them but do a transfer at a later date. I'm livid...been crying all day. I want a chance with some fresh ones. Oh and I got the bombed dropped that it's an additional $1200 to take them to blast which they almost guarantee they will do. And this is after the 9k I paid them up front for what I thought was everything. And my labs aren't covered there since they do them in-office and they are $400 each with me having 2 already with 2 more. And....the major source of stress is once they freeze the embryos...wait for it...it's $5150 to transfer them for a FET!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only ever paid under a thousand for that. I'm sick to my stomach and in tears. And to top it off my car has been struggling to start all day. Think of me girls...

Mobaby-I'm so sorry hon. ((((HUGS))))

katie-The hormones are making me crazy already and I remember with DS's IVF like 2 days after transfer having a huge screaming match with DH and swore I wouldn't be pregnant and I was. That was only the beginning of the stress though. ;)

Sorry I missed a few days...long day yesterday and no time to get on. Gonna try and enjoy my Thanksgiving. Might just stay home in bed and bury myself. My mom is coming with me to the Saturday scan and together we are gonna raise the roof on this crap!!!

I'm so sorry girl!! I went through a similar situation in August. That's why I did an FET last month. In August I had 30 follicles, therefore they ran my blood work before the egg capture! My hormone levels were horrible and they told me that there would be no way the fresh embryos would survive if we transferred them. I was crushed too!! But my RE ended calling me later that day and thoroughly explained why it was best that we wait. My egg retrieval was the end of August and my transfer was Nov 4th. It was such a long wait and a bunch of mishaps in between but we finally made it and we are at a good spot now. I would call and find out how many follies u have and why exactly are they delaying it. I too, had to pay an extra $3550 for the frozen transfer cycle plus all the meds too! Ugh we are drained financially. But at least we got something to show for it, praying to God everything continues to go well :)

Take care Girly!!! You're not alone, u can always message me if u need to chat or vent! :)

I'm so sorry girl!! I went through a similar situation in August. That's why I did an FET last month. In August I had 30 follicles, therefore they ran my blood work before the egg capture! My hormone levels were horrible and they told me that there would be no way the fresh embryos would survive if we transferred them. I was crushed too!! But my RE ended calling me later that day and thoroughly explained why it was best that we wait. My egg retrieval was the end of August and my transfer was Nov 4th. It was such a long wait and a bunch of mishaps in between but we finally made it and we are at a good spot now. I would call and find out how many follies u have and why exactly are they delaying it. I too, had to pay an extra $3550 for the frozen transfer cycle plus all the meds too! Ugh we are drained financially. But at least we got something to show for it, praying to God everything continues to go well :)

Take care Girly!!! You're not alone, u can always message me if u need to chat or vent! :)

I forgot about the extra meds involved. It just keeps getting better...I've done this before with numerous IUI's and IVF's and have never hyperstimmed so for that I am not worried. Really just upset about all the things we were kept in the dark about. This clinic was supposed to be better. :nope:

I caved and tested this morning at 8 dpo. Just could not wait :p Well, of course it was negative.

ILuvBabies200 Im so sorry, that is all very confusing so I hope they can explain it better. Its frustrating to wait but look what happened to PCOSMomToOne so it should be all worth it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Janice yay thats great your trigger is out!

as for me yesterday morning was the lightest my line has ever been so assuming trigger is out and then yesterday afternoon and evening can see a better line....but not sure if its just my urine is better at different times of day. so I cant get excited until the line gets darker, its so faint that my camera phone barely pics it up.

Im 6dp5dt, or 11 dpo, 13 days from trigger today.

ILuvBabies200 Im so sorry, that is all very confusing so I hope they can explain it better. Its frustrating to wait but look what happened to PCOSMomToOne so it should be all worth it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Janice yay thats great your trigger is out!

as for me yesterday morning was the lightest my line has ever been so assuming trigger is out and then yesterday afternoon and evening can see a better line....but not sure if its just my urine is better at different times of day. so I cant get excited until the line gets darker, its so faint that my camera phone barely pics it up.

Im 6dp5dt, or 11 dpo, 13 days from trigger today.

My line was really faint at 5 & 6 days past transfer ... by 7 & 8 it was clearly there :) Can't wait to hear about tomorrows!!!! :winkwink:

Worst day ever...tempted to cancel the cycle and get my money back. Had a follicle scan today and they measured nothing but claim there are way too many eggs. They are looking at quantity and not quality. Don't even know the sizes or my lining. Drew my blood but never got the E2 level. He's saying there are too many and they may retrieve them but do a transfer at a later date. I'm livid...been crying all day. I want a chance with some fresh ones. Oh and I got the bombed dropped that it's an additional $1200 to take them to blast which they almost guarantee they will do. And this is after the 9k I paid them up front for what I thought was everything. And my labs aren't covered there since they do them in-office and they are $400 each with me having 2 already with 2 more. And....the major source of stress is once they freeze the embryos...wait for it...it's $5150 to transfer them for a FET!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only ever paid under a thousand for that. I'm sick to my stomach and in tears. And to top it off my car has been struggling to start all day. Think of me girls...

Dearest, firstly, :hugs:! I pay out of my own pocket too and know how frustrating it all is. I had a similar situation as you but it happened just before ET.

I have PCO, scanned and showed more than 55 follicles. 49 retrieved, etc etc. During Egg pickup, I was told that we will try for day 3 transfer (Saturday). Come Friday, I saw 12 missed calls on my phone as I had silenced it. Called back and the hospital wanted me in for a Day 2 transfer at 2pm! OMG! I had 3 hours to get ready to go and my hubby won't be able to be there with me because he has work.

So I went in, another twist. They wanted me scanned to see if I had OHSS from having so many follicles (same as you). If I had OHSS, they won't transfer. They will freeze any embies I have that survive day3 and do a FET. I had never experienced so many sudden changes in any of my ICSI cycles. (damn the PCO!)

Finally, at 4.30pm, I got my transfer done, a 2-day instead of 3-day.

I can totally understand how you feel. Building up the courage and emotions, for D-Day and then to be told otherwise. Howver, my doctor and nurses explained me through every single step. I think what lacked in your case are the FS not explaining to you in detail. It is horrible to go through so man things and not being explained to. I suggest you call them and ask for more details because you deserve it babe!

Hey everyone. Hope all is good. Iluvbabies. Sorry to hear you are getting hit with so many unexpected costs. It sucks. Mobaby, hope your doing ok .hopefully the next cycle will be your time. Janice t, hopefully you will start seeing that bfp soon. Sarah in canada, fingers crossed. Well I am now 4dp5dt, trigger is defo gone now after 11 days. For some reason I am convince this cycle didnt work. Maybe im just being negative but the fact that the crinone gel they had me on have turnedd me into an anxious insomniac. I have slept for a total of 4 hours in the past 48 and have had a few mini panic attacks. I have suffered no side effects from anything so far but I am now. Had to return to. Clinic and ask them to change my medication. The gave me a different form of progesterone but said it might improve or it could be just how I react to it. Hopefully I become sane again because my only other option is hcg shots and trying to avoid them because it will turn my tests positive again and I will be waiting forever to find out if im pregnant. Sorry for the book today. Happy thanks giving to all who celebrate it. Im in ireland so I dont. :wacko:

katie1981 sorry to hear you are having a hard time :hugs::hugs: I am using prometrium suppositories and dont seem to have any side effects. another girl on here found progesterone made her really dizzy so perhaps some people are really senstive. And dont be convinced the cycle didnt work, so many people dont feel any different, keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs::hugs:

I have to admit, I am a little scared since I had a miscarriage in March this year.

I really hope this baby sticks ... if so, I will refer to my new munchkin as "sticky" :)

PCOSMomToOne I went back to look for your tests, this is very similar looking to mine today, omg I hope I have the same result as you.

Im attaching a photo but theres light shining on todays line so you cant see it that well

this is the longest week of my life.

Attachments

• nightmorning.jpg
    nightmorning.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 28
oh thats weird, it didnt show the photo you posted of your frer at 6dp5dt. anyway its very similar to mine! but Im still cautious as you didnt have the trigger and I did.

Dearest, firstly, :hugs:! I pay out of my own pocket too and know how frustrating it all is. I had a similar situation as you but it happened just before ET.

I have PCO, scanned and showed more than 55 follicles. 49 retrieved, etc etc. During Egg pickup, I was told that we will try for day 3 transfer (Saturday). Come Friday, I saw 12 missed calls on my phone as I had silenced it. Called back and the hospital wanted me in for a Day 2 transfer at 2pm! OMG! I had 3 hours to get ready to go and my hubby won't be able to be there with me because he has work.

So I went in, another twist. They wanted me scanned to see if I had OHSS from having so many follicles (same as you). If I had OHSS, they won't transfer. They will freeze any embies I have that survive day3 and do a FET. I had never experienced so many sudden changes in any of my ICSI cycles. (damn the PCO!)

Finally, at 4.30pm, I got my transfer done, a 2-day instead of 3-day.

I can totally understand how you feel. Building up the courage and emotions, for D-Day and then to be told otherwise. Howver, my doctor and nurses explained me through every single step. I think what lacked in your case are the FS not explaining to you in detail. It is horrible to go through so man things and not being explained to. I suggest you call them and ask for more details because you deserve it babe!

Thanks so much! We are going Saturday morning and my mom is coming so I know it will all get laid down then. I was well informed at my last clinic. I just had issues with the new RE who now has since left. Thought maybe trying this place would bring a welcome change. Yea..not so much.

I have to admit, I am a little scared since I had a miscarriage in March this year.

I really hope this baby sticks ... if so, I will refer to my new munchkin as "sticky" :)

PCOSMomToOne I went back to look for your tests, this is very similar looking to mine today, omg I hope I have the same result as you.

Im attaching a photo but theres light shining on todays line so you cant see it that well

this is the longest week of my life.

Hope this is it for you hon!!!

Hii everyone, got a definate second line this morning at 5dp5dt but am terrified incase its the new progesterone they have me on. Its called lutinus. Rang pharmacist to see if product could give me a false positive and they coundnt answer. What do you all think. Anyone every heard of this happening. They said its a progesterone only product but couldnt say for sure as it is a new product. Any suggestions as to how I could know. Trigger definately gone a few days? Help!!!!!

Hii everyone, got a definate second line this morning at 5dp5dt but am terrified incase its the new progesterone they have me on. Its called lutinus. Rang pharmacist to see if product could give me a false positive and they coundnt answer. What do you all think. Anyone every heard of this happening. They said its a progesterone only product but couldnt say for sure as it is a new product. Any suggestions as to how I could know. Trigger definately gone a few days? Help!!!!!

Ive not heard about progesterone causing a bfp, but perhaps the other girls have?? if you had a negative a couple of days and now a second line thats very promising!!

AFM another light line this morning, only 2 days to beta and 3 days to results.

Hey everyone. After 3bfp today on 3 Hpts which are different brands. One of them was a frer . I am starting to think I am pregnant. Lol. I tested the trigger out and its gone 3 days. I only had 5000 iu and that was 12 days ago. I also spoke to thr manufactures of the new progesterone to ensure it couldnt give a false positive. They said no way . Its only progesterone I am on. The lines were all dark definate lines. I am so shocked. Happy and shocked. How is every one else doing.

YAY KATIE!! CONGRATS!!! When is your beta test???

Sarah - Another positive sounds good to me!! Can't wait for your beta...fingers crossed for great news!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->