IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Sarah-I am so sorry hon. I wonder if you had a chemical since the line was indeed there?? In any case, I may be joining you in January for a FET!!

Wannab-You getting twilight?? Honestly I prefer that and I was hoping to do that again this time but the new RE does full sedation. I never felt a thing with twilight and was in and out the entire time. I assure you it went smoothly both times. :)

Me-Thankfully with the doubled dose, my eggs are growing!! They were barely 8's on Saturday and now most are 10's with a 12 here and there. There still is a large number of them so it appears my PCOS is much worse than it used to be. My RE drove an hour just to meet me at my appt and do the u/s himself. Also he brought me more meds since his wife was doing IVF. Cost a mint but he gave them to me at cost and he had a discount. Then he assured me not to worry about a FET because he is willing to work with me on the cost. So I felt much much better! My estrogen was 84 on Wed and only went up to 85 on Saturday. So Sunday I received a call to double both the Menopur & Bravelle. I am definitely feeling it now where I felt totally fine on Thanksgiving. Which is a good sign!! Retrieval is tentative for Sunday which works out great for Josh not having to miss work. A huge weight has been lifted and I am seeing the light now!! :)

Oh and as long as my estrogen doesn't go over 4,000, he will do a fresh transfer. Not too sure I will stay under that though with the doubled meds. :)

Thats fantastic!!! :) Glad to see everything is progressing. Wish my RE would work with me on the cost-- NOPE! Full price both times (and just found out I reached my lifetime rx limit on infertility meds so I paid an additional $1400 out of pocket I was not expecting). Good luck this week!Hope to hear about nice big follicles soon!

Wanna_b_a_mom good luck for tomorrow, Im sure you will do great.

ILuvBabies200 Im so happy that you feel much better and things are looking up, thats great news :flower: and if you have to wait a few of us will be going through this together in jan :hugs:

Sarah-I see that!! I am game for whatever is best at this point. My son was from a FET so I can't complain too much.

Mobaby-He has really turned our opinion around! :)

katie Im sure you will be a success story, your lines are great so dont let our news bring you down. FX for sticky bean for you :hugs:

mobaby, I might not test either, even though I didnt get too excited when I saw lines this week as I knew it could go either way. I told hubby I would like to go away the week after the transfer and not think about it at all! I probably wouldnt fly anywhere but perhaps drive somewhere and take the week off.

Thanks sarah, im absolutely terrified now. Lines are still as dark. Just want to get off the progesterone which tomorrow is my last day off and get to sunday my otd. At least them my clinic will reconise it as a positive. If/when I go through this again I wouldnt test either. I was so happy for a day of two but now its having a negative effect because I am imaginging my lines are getting fainter evan though my oh says they are as dark as ever. Its making my nurotic. Really hope your ok .

katie Im sure you will be a success story, your lines are great so dont let our news bring you down. FX for sticky bean for you :hugs:

mobaby, I might not test either, even though I didnt get too excited when I saw lines this week as I knew it could go either way. I told hubby I would like to go away the week after the transfer and not think about it at all! I probably wouldnt fly anywhere but perhaps drive somewhere and take the week off.

Thanks sarah, im absolutely terrified now. Lines are still as dark. Just want to get off the progesterone which tomorrow is my last day off and get to sunday my otd. At least them my clinic will reconise it as a positive. If/when I go through this again I wouldnt test either. I was so happy for a day of two but now its having a negative effect because I am imaginging my lines are getting fainter evan though my oh says they are as dark as ever. Its making my nurotic. Really hope your ok .

You're getting off the progesterone with a BFP?? Never heard of that... Usually it's a good 8-12 weeks to insure baby stays put.

You're getting off the progesterone with a BFP?? Never heard of that... Usually it's a good 8-12 weeks to insure baby stays put.

Only on progesterone for 15 days after egg retrieval. My clinic seems to do things very differently. No betas either. I just ring them 14 dp5dt and confirm a positive or negative and if positive they see me 3 weeks later for ultrasound. Im so frustrated. I am 9 days post transfer and feel like I am going nuts already. I have been getting strong positives for 4 days now after testing out trigger.. Help me get my sanity back.

Hi,

Do you mind if i join in? I did a FET last friday the 25th nov so Im currently 4dp 5dt and im going mad :wacko:
I tested today stupidly and it was bfn - i know it is probably too early but the tests i got are really sensitive and dedect 10miu hcg so now i am driving myself mad thinking well I had cramps on sat & sun so shouldnt implantation have happened now and hcg be produced.
Going to try and chill tho and just keep testing every morning - who knows i might get my BFP tomorrow morning.
I havent had a chance to read back over posts yet but i will do that today.

Heres hoping there will be lots of bfps on here soon. x:happydance:

Wanna be a mom, good luck to you!!

Sarahincanada, I am so sorry to hear of the negative. Keep the hopes up!! We struggled for many years and it can happen. ((((hugs))))

Only on progesterone for 15 days after egg retrieval. My clinic seems to do things very differently. No betas either. I just ring them 14 dp5dt and confirm a positive or negative and if positive they see me 3 weeks later for ultrasound. Im so frustrated. I am 9 days post transfer and feel like I am going nuts already. I have been getting strong positives for 4 days now after testing out trigger.. Help me get my sanity back.

katie thats VERY unusual, are you sure? Ive never heard of any clinic allowing progesterone to be stopped without confirming you are pregnant or not. usually when you are not pregnant you stop it, but if you are you continue it for a few months to help sustain the lining. I understand quite a few clinics dont do betas and thats not so unusual, but why would they put you on progesterone for such a short time.

katie thats VERY unusual, are you sure? Ive never heard of any clinic allowing progesterone to be stopped without confirming you are pregnant or not. usually when you are not pregnant you stop it, but if you are you continue it for a few months to help sustain the lining. I understand quite a few clinics dont do betas and thats not so unusual, but why would they put you on progesterone for such a short time.

They said they do that with fresh transfers. I am posiive because I phoned today to be sure. I only have 4 tablet/pessaries left. One for tonight and 3 for tomorrow. My clinic seems to be a bit nuts or something because they seem to do things very differently. I am not complaining as the have got things right so far. I just dont understand why the are telling me my postives dont count for 5 more days. How are you doing.

I would think to continue it as well. My clinic continues it. 5 more days?!? Thats a bit nuts imo. Id absolutely go insane waiting that long lol.

They said they do that with fresh transfers. I am posiive because I phoned today to be sure. I only have 4 tablet/pessaries left. One for tonight and 3 for tomorrow. My clinic seems to be a bit nuts or something because they seem to do things very differently. I am not complaining as the have got things right so far. I just dont understand why the are telling me my postives dont count for 5 more days. How are you doing.

well they are the experts I suppose! its just progesterone helps in early pregnancy so I think thats why most people have you continue if you get pregnant. I would also be very frustrated with the wait, can you not go to your regular doctor and ask for a blood test? your lines are great so Im sure you are fine. theres a lot of waiting with pregnancy...waiting for ultrasounds and waiting for the 1st trimester to be over. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies. Just got back from ER. 9 eggs + a couple smaller ones they took out too. FS was very happy with them. I'm still feeling nauseous & crampy. I'm to start progesterone this evening ... Anyone do this? I couldn't believe how many women were doin ivf.

Is the ET painful?

I started progesterone 5 days prior to my transfer and I'm suppose to continue through my 1st trimester. I am using progesterone shots and vaginal progesterone.

Egg transfer was easy and painless for me :)

Katie - I agree with the rest of the girls, that is pretty unusual. But like you said, they are the professionals...and they did get you pregnant! It's just strange that you are being taken off it without doing bloodwork (it would make more sense if you had blood work and they saw that your progesterone was high). And yes, I would go CRAZY waiting that long!

wannabe - congrats on being done with retrieval! 9 eggies is a great number! The ET is a piece of cake...the hardest part is holding in the full bladder haha.

Miss P - Welcome and don't worry about a BFN at 9dpo...that is still early :) At least you know you tested the trigger shot out!

I luv - Congrats on the good news...things seem to really be brightening up for you and your doctor seems to really be looking out for you! Hope you get lots of good eggies!

Hi ladies. Just got back from ER. 9 eggs + a couple smaller ones they took out too. FS was very happy with them. I'm still feeling nauseous & crampy. I'm to start progesterone this evening ... Anyone do this? I couldn't believe how many women were doin ivf.

Is the ET painful?

yay good for you! I started progesterone the day after ER.

ET is painfree! not any worse than a pap smear test.

Is the ET painful?

Thets great news. Im delighter things are turning around for you. I started progesterone the day after er. The et doesnt hurt at all. I was so excited during mine. I just couldnt believe I had got to that point. Fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->