IVF-How many eggs collected from how many follies? (just out of interest!)

They don't do blast at my clinic, well they said not on the first cycle anyway. Thats great though, mine weren't good enough to freeze :( mine were grade 2, I have 2 in me hopefully settling down at the mo. I test on the 2nd March , when do you test? x

Nothern - not sure if you are asking me but my official beta is Monday, but so far nothing but negative hpt's. hmph.

I will talk to anyone lol, Sorry not upto date with the terms does beta mean test date? what does hpt mean? x

Hpt means home pregnancy test, beta is a blood test. My clinic don't do betas which is a bit rubbish! So I just have to wee on a hpt and ring them up! X

Babydrms thanks for the info, that's great you got frosties! I don't know if I will get any from 9, we shall see! Still time for things to change before Monday! Best of luck! X

Well good luck whenever it is girlies! I am so scared! but have to wait 2 weeks yet x

Northernmonkee my test date is the 2nd too!

Fx for your bloods baby xx

St good luck for monday!

We ave poor count and morph so icsi is the way forward !

Northern I understand about how you feel about your worries about coughing laughing! I feel like that too! How should I lay, am I twisting funny etc!! Drive myself mad!

I feel guilty when I lye on my stomach to go to sleep!!!! Oh my god we will hopefully be testing together then! :) I think your hubby has the same as mine but I dont have pcos but I do have low egg reserve.
They said my lining looked good so I am hoping they both stick!! x

Hi all! I don't know if it's going to be Monday or Wednesday yet! They rang this morning now have 7! 5 doing really well at grade 1 (that's the best grade at my clinic) and 2 at grade 2-3 so not as good. They said they would call again tomorrow so I will know then whether they want me in or gonna push to blast and have a Wednesday transfer! they didn't say how many cells, but I think they are meant to have 4 cells on day 2. X

Congratulations Northernmonke, Kazzab and School teacher for being pupo with 2!

I have just had egg collection and they retrieved 5 eggs. They said that they are aiming towards 6 - 8 so I guess 5 is okish. On the baseline scan before treatment one ovary had 8 follicles and the other had 13 follicles so they decided that as one was over 12, they would put me on a lower dose of stimming drugs. I wonder if because I was borderline I understimmed a bit. I guess they wont risk 5 day transfer.

They also said that they managed to find some good swimmers so this really cheered us up as sa numbers have always been less than half a million with poor everything.:spermy:

Now the wait for the fertilisation report.

sending everyone :dust:

Hi Girls! Just wanted to add my answer to this question. To help anyone in the future.
On my trigger day I had 15 follicles above 10mm upto 25mm. They punctured 12 follicles (guessing these where the ones above 12mm as had an 11.5, 11 & 10mm) out of the 12 follicles they retrieved 11 eggs.

Best of luck for fert report Toch!

Please-thanks for the info, 11 from 15 is great! X

I just found this thread, and I wish I'd spotted it sooner - cool info. :thumbup:

FWIW, here's what mine looked like:
On trigger day, I had 8 follies ranging in size from 25mm to 12mm and E2 was at 1477. They retrieved 8 eggs, 6 of which were mature. Performed ICSI on all 6 (DH has 1% morphology), 4 fertilized. 3 were still going on day 5, so we did an elective single blast transfer (a 4BB) hoping to freeze the other two. (Unfortunately neither of them survived to freezing.)

We got a BFP two days ago!

Oh, and Clare, PUPO = pregnant until proven otherwise. :thumbup:

Fantastic news happyauntie! many congratulations and thanks for sharing! From 7 fertilised I had 2 good enough on day 5, the rest didn't make it to being frozen either! boo! I'm not sure what grade mine were but I think they might have been 4bb too. Really hope I can follow you with a bfp!xxxx

Thank you for the luck!

I didn't need to be up for work today (as day after ec) and thought I would sleep in so that I wasn't up early waiting for the phone to ring with fert results. I can't believe that I left my alarm on this morning so at 6.45 my alarm went off - tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. So I have been trying to distract myself all morning as well as having my phone glued to my side willing it to ring. I had the call not so long ago.

1 was immature which left 4. All 4 were injected and 3 fertilised so we are going in for a 3 day transfer on Sunday.

x

Oh fantastic toch! Tommorrow you will be pupo! Both times I have had 1 immature, and either all or all but one have fertilised with icsi. Best of luck! Is this your first cycle?-sorry if you have said already! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->