IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Serena - great to hear from you, how are you doing? Hope house sale is going ok

Kazza how exciting you could have egg collection before end of the month! They mentioned you have to mix menopur sounds a bit fiddley but sure it will be fine.

Got immune tests back from Guys and everything completely fine which is good. I'm still debating spending £600 on the natural killer cells test so I can at least rule it in or out. Other than that dh having bloods end of week and we've just got to wait for all results back. I feel really good about the egg sharing - Serena like you say hopefully we'll be able to give someone the baby they're dreaming of, and also get our own bfp (fingers crossed)

K xx

Key, great news about the results! Let me no what you decide with aural killer cells! I too feel good about egg sharing and the lister, can't wait to start Stimming!!

Serena how you feeling?

How's everyone else?

Hello!

Kazza – are you stimming now or are you starting this Friday? Good luck with it, I’m sure it’ll be really successful, Lister sounds so good and everybody who goes there seems to fall pregnant so fingers crossed it’ll be you and Key in a few weeks! I am so excited for you both and can’t wait to hear how it’s going. It’s good that they let you know if the other lady is successful. I think I’d find it too difficult not knowing. Do you ever get to meet the other couple or know any information about them or is it completely anonymous? If it does work for the other lady I bet they would want to give you the biggest thanks in the world, but maybe the doctors don’t allow meetings like that? You and Key should feel so proud to be able to do something like this, I am keeping all 10 of my fingers crossed that it works for you both and the other women. x

Key – Great news on the immune test results – you must be so pleased. Definitely one less thing to worry about! What are the natural killer tests? Is it to see if something inside you kills off the sperm or embryos? £600 is a lot of money but might be worth it for peace of mind. How were your OHs blood tests? Have you got the go ahead to start getting matched? What are you going to do about the frozen embryo at Guys? Maybe keep it as an option for baby no. 2?

Monkeyfeet – how are you getting on? You must be about to pop!

I’m good thanks, feeling lots better and more like myself again. I’ve got the 20 week scan tomorrow to find out if everything’s developing ok and the gender of the baby. Then a few days off to visit our friends. We’ve put an offer on a house so now everything is just mortgages and solicitors. Egh.

Really hope everyone else is doing well x

Hi all,

Kazza and key, how amazing what you will be doing. So excited for you both, as Serena says, there will be two very grateful couples out there as a result of your actions. Amazing. Lister sounds excellent, seriously hoping this is your time now girls.xxx
I too am interested in the immunity and natural killer tests?

Serena, fab news on 20wks, And great you are feeling well. The scan is pretty amazing, so detailed and good to see. How exciting also to find out what you're going to be having. We also did the same. Ate you planning to share or keep to yourselves?
A new house as well! Congrats - again very exciting. We did it all at once too although less complex as we were first time buyers. It really wasn't as stressful as everyone made out, it's just the attitude you take to it I guess. So glad we did it though so that we have our family home ready now. Are you staying in London or heading outwards?

Afm, 40+6 today. No signs if any movement. Me tomorrow where I shall be offered a sweep whichvive not yet decided whether to do or not, however I would really like to avoid induction which will be next Thursday if little man has not out in an appearance by then.
Fingers crossed.

Lots of love to all.xxx

40+6!!!! Wow, so your son is coming out to see you any day now? Are you having him at PRUH? I thought you were due about now, that's so exciting. Lots of people say your first baby is late but I assumed it was down to inaccurate dating by the ultrasound people - I thought it might be different for us as through IVF but clearly not! Best of luck with the labour Monkeyfeet, I'm looking forward to coming onto this forum and reading about your gorgeous little son - hopefully in a few days x I'll be thinking of you x

Thanks for the house advice, it's a relief yo hear it can be quick & easy. Our first move was really stressful but so far this one seems much better. Moving to Sidcup so not really London any more I guess. Hopefully they'll still have me at Pruh x

Hope you're all well, im in a rush atm so will catch up properly later but have any of you got your notes from Guy's? was it easy enough? I need to get a copy of all my IVF cycle stuff for a consultation I'm having with IVF Hammersmith.
Don't know who to even ask, hopefully my IUI cycle I'm doing at the moment will work and I won't need them.

Tinkerbell - good to hear from you! Fingers crossed for current IUI. It should be easy enough to get your files (although we haven't actually had them transferred) think there is just a £25 ot £50 admin fee and shouldn't take them long to sort out. I think either you or clinic can request them

Monkeyfeet - can't beleive yuor 41 weeks now! Good luck for the birth and please let us know how you get on when you bring your beautiful son home :happydance:

Serena - now you're at the halfway mark it must all seem really real! Bet you can't wait for the 20 week scan, and to find out what your having. Of course you must pop back on and let us know. Glad you've found a house, now you've just got to get all the boring stuff over before you can move in and enjoy your new family home

Kazza - how are you hun? You must be either towards end of stimming or even near ec. You might be taking a break from here during treatment, so no worries just know i'm thinking of you and praying this is the lucky one x

AFM - I decided to go for the natural killer test in the end, as thought then i can go into this cycle having had everything possible tested! i go back a week on Monday (25th) to get results, and hopefully they will then have all tests back and hopefully we can be matched :happydance:

lovely to hear from you all

k xx

Hi ladies,

Serena, hw did the scan go?? Exciting!!

Monkeyfeet, 40+6 wow! Hope baby comes soon, so excited!

Tinkerbell, lovely to hear from you, good luck with iui and ivf at hammersmith

Key, what does the natural killer test involve? Did u have it at lister or guys?

Afm my ladies period was late so I don't start Stims now till Monday :(

Key - that's good about having the natural killer tests, that way you can go in to the egg sharing completely positive that there are no other issues. Good luck for the 25th x will you get matched straightaway afterwards if the results are ok? You could be starting a fresh cycle in March right?! How exciting x

Kazza - let us know how the stimming goes on Monday - I wonder if you'll feel any different taking those different drugs? Is it injections twice a day? X
Are you monitored more regularly at Lister when stimming due to your PCOS? I know it's prob too expensive but I always thought it'd have been good to get scanned every day or every other day as I was worried about over stimming but instead in the first cycle I'd have said I didn't stim enough.

Tinker bell - good luck with the IUI, here's to hoping it works this time and you won't need the dr notes x

Monkeyfeet - any news? Hope you're ok x

AFM - the scan was good, baby's ok - we're having a girl. All the results were normal & the ultrasound nurse was great as I'd heard that some 20 wk scans can be a bit stressful.

Hope you all had a nice valentine's day & are enjoying the weekend x

Oh congratulations serena! That's amazing news! Glad the scan went well.

I agree, I didnt stim enough the first time! 9 eggs against 16 egg second time! the irst scan is after 4 days Stimming then I'm not sure how frequen thereafter! Stims are once a day, rally hoping I get a better result with these drugs!

Monkeyfeet, thinking of you loads ! Hope baby's hear soon!

Hi to key and Tinkerbell!

How did the stimming go today Kazza? Was it very different using these new drugs? X

Serena great news on team pink :)

Kazza sorry to here stimming was a bit delayed but how'd u get on today?

K xx

Hiya, day two today, much easier than yesterday!! so far so good! Back at lister on Friday for a scan, hope they increase he dose!

Any news anyone ? Key when you bk at lister?

Hi all,

Kazza, hope the stimming is going ok, you must have had first scan now I think? How is it going?

Serena, massive congrats on team pink! How exciting! Hope you are fully well now an enjoying pregnancy. 2nd trimester supposed to be the best!blood luck with te house too, I hope that's moving along nicely.
Think you asked which Hosp I'm under, we relocated to Suffolk at Xmas so ipswich hospital is where we are.

Key, tinkerbell, hope all well with you girls too.

Afm, we had our beautiful baby boy William Alfie on 17th feb at 2:14am. He was 10lb6!!!! A for that reason came by an emergency c section after a 3 day labour. All is well and although he been a little poorly and in special care, we are going to get released home this Saturday. Cannot wait! I am so totally in love.

I will check in on here as I am really excited
To see you all taking your little ones home in the future and it's been an amazing little group for me for support etc, especially in this first days/weeks of treatment and multiple cycles and I am really grateful.

Much love to all and indeed to anyone I have missed.xxx

Wow Monkeyfeet, massive congratulations! 10lb6! And a 3 day labour! That must have been tough! William is a gorgeous name x
That's great that you can all go home on Sat - was he just in special care after the stress of a 3 day labour? I can't believe they let you go so long before a c-section, you must have been delirious with exhaustion. Poor thing!
Please keep checking in & letting us know how the first few weeks are going, wishing you all the best & so much love & congratulations x

Kazza - great the stimming is going well, and getting better than the first day. Hope the scan tomorrow shows everything developing as it should be - then just another week or so & you'll be at EC! Hope you're ok & not too uncomfortable. When I was on the increased dose I had loads of pains, hope these drugs you're having are better like that x let us know how your scan goes tomorrow - this time next month you might have your BFP!!! x

Key - how is it going? Good luck for Monday & getting all if your results. As soon as you are matched will you begin down regging or will you have to wait until next AF? X

Congratulations Monkeyfeet, wow 10lb 6 is a big baby. Sorry to hear William is a little unwell ATM but glad you can go home Saturday.

How's stims going Kazza?

AFM - I'm 6DPIUI tomorrow and this 2ww is dragging so much, this past week honestly couldn't have felt like its gone any slower.
The good news is when we done the iui hubby's count was normal, well great infact do our diagnosis for infertility I guess doesn't stand anymore :wacko:

Congrats Monkeyfeet so happy for you. William is definitely no small baby, and labour sounds pretty awful you poor thing! So glad to hear he'll be home where he belongs tomorrow though :)

Tinkerbell - great news on dh's sperm and fingers crossed for this iui really hope you get a positive. I know the time drags but as much as possible try and focus on other things ( so much easier said than done!!)

Kazza glad injections are getting better is it more difficult to do this time? Hope scan goes well today let us know how you get on

Afm I'm back @ lister Monday to discuss nk results and hopefully we can then get going. Kazza we had same as you dh had bloods done and even gave them a letter saying how we need results broken down & they still haven't done it correctly so probably have to do whole thing again - I really don't want that to hold us up as time is really of the essence. Come March only 2 months left if being 35 and suitable donor :(

Serena hope your good & busy out buying pink!!

Love to all k xx

Monkeyfeet, congratulations 10,6!! Wow you did very well to cope with 3 days of labour and a section! Hope William is doing well is home now! I just wanted to say thanks for sticking around and providing suppor for those even after your sucess! I personally appreciate that and I'm sure everyone else does too!

Serena hope your doing well and as key says buying lots of pink! Same message as above for you too serena x

Tinkerbell, 2 ww is a mare! What's lots of movies keep your mind busy!! Great news about hubby's count!!!

Key, good luck tomorrow keep us posted, what times your appt, I'm up there at 11.45 for a scan and bloods! In the end we had to get the dr to phone the lab, confirm HIV one and 2 is neg and get the dr to confirm in a letter. They said when the post the results back they don't have the facility to split them.

Afm day 7 of Stims, scan on Friday said things looking good nice lining, follies growing so we shall see how things are tomorrow!

Xxxx

Hi everyone hope everyone is really well.

Serena congratulations another little girl to add to the group really pleased for you. Enjoy buying lots of girly things and the rest of your pregnancy. Any ideas for names?

Monkeyfeet massive congratulations, 10lb6oz wow that is a lot of baby hope William is better now and your both home and doing well and enjoying your beautiful son. It's such a precious time even though it's a bit over whelming with all the visitors.

Key how did you get on with your test results.

Kazza hope the cycle is going well won't be long until ec how are you feeling?

Tinkerbell fingers crossed you get that positive result will keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer for you, hopefully this is your time now..

Hopefully by the end of 2013 we can all be on here talking about our babies and getting lots of advise and support through the sleepless nights.

Afm Scarlett and I are well she Is getting so big and will be 10weeks on Thursday it's been very hectic so have been reading about you all but no time to post, now her bedtime and sleeping at night is sorted now I have time to do these things. I'm really enjoying being a mummy still doesn't feel real however the excess baby weight is def real and something I now need to work on!!!!!!!!

Have a great week everyone.X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->