IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

I tinker bell, fingers crossed AF gets hear soon!!

I have taken provera before normally I get AF 4 days after finishing a 7 day course!!

hello, how are you all doing? Any AFs around? Or are you starting the provera Kazza?

No news my end. Never ending waiting around!

Well AF finally arrived today, 3days later than expected (she was making me wonder if i was going to get a BFP) rang Guy's to book Hycosy but they can't fit me in this month :( so now that wait continues again for next cycle and hopefully i'll manage to get booked in this time.
Up to St Thomas' tomorrow for more bloods and had to change my follow up appointment at Guy's because I wont have the scan before then now.

Well AF finally arrived today, 3days later than expected (she was making me wonder if i was going to get a BFP) rang Guy's to book Hycosy but they can't fit me in this month :( so now that wait continues again for next cycle and hopefully i'll manage to get booked in this time.
Up to St Thomas' tomorrow for more bloods and had to change my follow up appointment at Guy's because I wont have the scan before then now.

Ohhh tinkerbell sorry that you have to wait another month!!!!

No natural AF for me yet! Provera starts tomorrow so I recon about ten days till AF actually starts for me! Hot loads of spots so she should be here but I'm not waiting around after tomorrow!!

Serena any signs AF might turn up next few days?

Sorry to hear about the AF delays - hope it turns up soon for all of you! Mine should be bang around Christmas - excellent timing :thumbup:

Serena - it looks like you'll be doing the treatment about the same time as Kazza and I, so we can go through the IVF joys together!!

Tinkerbell -really sorry you've got to wait another month, what a pain in the a**e! I guess with Xmas Guy's schedule is probably pretty full, so fingers crossed you should be good for next month.

Kazza - good luck with Provera

Vesper - are you still on this thread? Did you decide to go with treatment Lister in the end?

k x

Hello lovely ladies,

Great to see you're making progress with getting started. Sorry I haven't responded, but have been following.

Key- I had my consultation at the Lister a couple of weeks ago, which was very interesting. My consultant there has advised me to go with Cornell for this cycle. I told him everything that had happened since my cycle with them at the start of this year (needless to say he was gutted about my loss), and he said although he'd be more than willing to treat me again he' thinks it would be far less stressful if I cycled here in NYC.

So, that's what I'm going to do. He reassured me with the protocol that Cornell want to put me on, so that's given me peace of mind :)

I had my follow up at Cornell this morning and it looks like all systems will be go at the start of next year. I take provera from next Friday for 10 days, and I'll be starting stims on 3rd/4th Jan.

I've managed to avoid taking the pill, which I'm happy about and I've also managed to bring my cycle forward by a couple of weeks, which means I'll avoid traipsing down to the clinic for bloods and scans during the nastiness of February here in NYC (I've heard this is the worst month).

I'm keeping on top of all my supplements, and even stocked up on Pregnacare and Wellman (for DH) while I was in London. All the supplements here confuse the hell out of me as there's so much choice! :shrug: I like to stick to what I know :)

And I'll be trying to fit in a load of yoga and greatly increase my protein intake over the next few weeks.

Are any of you members of fertilityfriends.co.uk? It's such a great website with a wealth of info on what to do/ not to do during a cycle, and there's a dedicated Guys board that's fairly active.

Anyway ladies, although I won't be posting much on here I'll definitely be keeping an eye on you and dropping by from time to time.

I hope to see a good run of BFPs from you all!

x

Oh vesper full steam ahead for you, glad you have sorted things. Very lucky to have avoided the BCP!

I might take a look at the guys board and the dos and donts of IVF!!

They say women sync up with each other, seems thats whats gonna happen with us!!

Yes, I highly recommend meeting people who are going through the same thing. It really helps with moral support and increasing positivity and I've read it improves chances of BFP's!! Certainly helped me during my cycle at the start of the year...

So def worth having a solid network that's not just virtual.

I still keep in touch with many of the ladies I've met through forums.

All the best Kazza!

Morning all -

thanks Vesper for the advice about keeping in touch during treatment. I think you're right, I really look forward to logging on here and having a place to talk about what is happening:thumbup:

I wish you all the best with your treatment in NYC - and please do let us know how you get on.

Hopefully there will be lots of :bfp: in the new year.

k xx

Morning,

No news to report my end, but think AF will be here today or tomorrow. I should have known it would come late to make me more impatient & frustrated than ever. Even though I know it's impossble, there's a tiny part of me that still can't help starting to think I might be pregnant - but I think that's just what happens after 2.5 years of trying - I used to be convinved each month I was pregnant and constantly reading the 2 week wait website. ha ha. it's slightly nice to not have that pressure anymore and constantly be analysing every symptom. but I bet the 2 week wait after IVF/ICSI is more tense than any before.

How are you all doing?

Hiya hun typical always late when you want her to turn up!! Never no there is always a chance you could get a natural bfp!!! Why don't you test ? You are a few days late now ???

I'm dreading the two week wait with ivf!! The constant symptom spotting will drive me mad!! At least will have each other!!!

Day 4 of provera for me so another 4 days then she should show up!!!

Everyone looking forward to Xmas??

I usually get AF between day 30 & 38 sometimes even 40, so not really late yet as only day 36. Also lots of period pain & hormones (I cried over a YouTube video of a disabled kitten earlier-shame) so pretty certain I'm not! If it holds off a few more days we can start together! That'd be great x

Really looking forward to Christmas, I'm going to eat my weight in chocolate & Brussels' sprouts x how about you?

Awwww well fingers crossed for a bfp!!

We've cracked the sweets open already!!! :( Christmas started at the weekend!!
Really looking forward to Xmas this year!!

Not looking forward to the 2 week wait - like you say i will probably go back to analysing all possible symtoms like used to do!

My AF should be here in next 4 to 5 days - so excited (and a bit nervous) about getting started now!

Am looking forward to Chrismtas - although we're moving between Xmas & New Year so probably going to be a bit stressful

k xx

Awww key, busy times ahead for you, but what a way to start the new year!!

I feel the same, really excited yet very nervous!! Really not looking forward to injecting myself!! Not long now girls and we will all be starting!!

How is everyone? Getting very close to you all starting icsi isn't it? Cant imagine how you're feeling, nervous, excited, scared.

Rang Guy's today for my blood results and they said all was fine apart from my prolactin level which was slightly high but she said it's not high enough to worry about or be causing problems. Wouldn't give me OH SA results over the phone but said she'd put them in the post so that has us slightly worried.

Tinkerbell, I think its standard that they wont tell you over the phone, so try not to worry, our friend has a great count but they wouldnt give him them over the phone either! Glad to hear about the blood results!!!

Im feeling excited, day 7 of provera, last day tomorrow then normally i come on within 4 days of finishing it! I reccon AF might be hear on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!!

Any Aunt Flows turned up yet??

Tinkerbell don't worry, like Kazza says i'm pretty sure they won't give them over the phone because of patient confidentiality. Also on a positive note, if it is not great news (although fingers crossed all ok) you can still go for ICIS, which is what we're doing, and won't affect your changes of having a little one :happydance:

No AF yet but expecting it on 24th / 25th and then counting down the 21days to really get started...

Hello, no AF for me either! Getting really frustrated now. I checked through all my temp charts that I kept since Sept 09 & I haven't had a period over 38 days, and now I'm on 39! Can't believe it. Feel dreadful & travelling for a few hours now for a wedding tomorrow. Very grumpy. I'm sure I'll be a delight to be around this weekend!

That's good for you Kazza & Key, not long now! And Xmas first to take your mind off of things x

tinkerbell, great news on the blood results. Guys didn't tell me my husbands results on the phone either, must just be their policy. And as key says you still have ICSI as an option if the results are bad, which has a good success rate.

Hope you're all well & finished work for the year x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->