IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Oh good luck with that hope it works!

Im going to phone guys on friday which willk be 5 days since the tests and see if they have the SA and blood results. Normally blood test results are back within 3-4 days in princess royal so might be worth giving them a nudge!

Im not sure but i may have CD1 on xmas day! I wont be able to call them, they might be closed!!

that's good, if you two are using them then I will too. Can't hurt.

I don't think the doctor mentioned how many folicles I had. When they were counting I think they were just counting cysts. sorry, that's no help. How many are you supposed to have? and how many did you have?

I had 26 on each and you should have 15!!

I think the cysts are the follies? Im not sure?

Ive just printed the time line, thank you so much for that, its a big help!

Soo excited!

Kazza - what will you do if you have CD1 on xmas day? I know the doctor or nurse said not to worry and they have systems in place, but do you know what these are?

Hi tinker bell!

Thank you for explaining that! Good luck for that, wish I could have had that I'll never no if mine are blocked. We never did iui first because my oh had a low sperm count of 5million do it wouldnt have worked. We were referred for icsi but I think they are waiting to see what Daniels results are now before they decide his last sa was aug and he has given up smoking since!!

Good luck with the hcosy tinkerbell xxx

If his results are better does that mean they would re-consider you for ICSI?
Well done to your OH for gicing up smoking. My OH did his first SA on MOnday so we are just awaiting the results now, he was really embarrased by it and actually made me go up to St Thomas to hand it in while he waited in the car park :rolleyes: not sure if he will need to hand another one in though because apprantly he had quite a bit that didn't make the pot :winkwink: xx

Hi Tinkerbell,

don't worry about the scan, I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not that bad, just uncomfortable & I was achey afterwards for a few days but I took painkillers so nott too bad. Def not as bad as a laparoscopy- have you had one of those ?I wasn't on antibiotics, just a mixture of paracetamol & ibuprofen I think.

I hope you get onto treatment soon, the waiting around is tough.

We didn't get recommended for IUI either as my husband has low motility sperm so wouldn't have worked. We're having ICSI. I was relieved though as my friend had had 2 rounds of IUI & she said she really didn't like it, & she got pregnant with ICSI first time & said it was much better. Obviously that's just one opinion though & others might feel completely differently.
Sx

No, I haven't had a laparoscopy either infact I only had my first Smear test last week after the Dr at Guy's told me I needed that done, so nervous at the thought of all these embarrasing and possibly uncomfortable scans, examinations :blush: will remember the painkillers, I was given a prescription from Guy's for 3 different meds to have when I have the scan. xx

We weren't recommended IUI either due to sperm morphology issues, and have gone straight to ICSI.

Tinkerbell - hope the hycosy goes well and they find that everything is ok. At least you know that all these things are moving closer to the end goal!

Going back to drinking i was in Tesco last night and found some low alcohol wines and champagnes so brought a couple of bottles to try. They are half the alcohol of normal bottles and the whole bottle is just 4.5 units. It's probably not as nice as normal but worth a shot - especially over festive period :happydance:

Thank you, if the Hycosy comes back that my tubes are clear and bloods that all levels are fine I think it will be straight to IUI. Of course thats if OH SA test is fine, which I get the feeling the 'problem' is me not him, it's more likely with having Cystic Fibrosis and also about 8 years ago an ex of his was pregnant although it ended in a miscarriage.

Hope those low alcohol wines taste ok xx

Oh no Kazza, I hope CD1 doesn't fall on Xmas day or if it does it doesn't cause any problems.

Kazza i think my day1 will be either 25 or 26 Dec too! I asked them about this and they said just call up and leave a message on a/phone and someone will come back to us to book appt when they're open again. It's not urgent we speak to anyone straight away as we have until day21 to make sure we have met with nurses and got drugs etc.

I'll let you all know how the low alcohol wine tastes after this weekend!!!

Morning!!

Key - what i coincidence if we start on the exact same day, that would be really good!! Im glad to hear it will not be an issue if it does appear on xmas day! nice xmas pressie!! (not) but i dont mind i will put up with it under the circumstances! hehe !! Deffo let us know about the Alcohol. Have you heard about your blood results yet?

Serena, not long for you now it was the 13th you were expecting AF?

Tinkerbell, My oh was embarrassed at first too!! We have had some giggles over the SA, you have to keep smiling about it though, as hard as it is! Making light of it is the only thing keeping me going! If they see my OH results have got better then i think they will do plain IVF not icsi, im looking forward to hearing about the results just to see if his change in lifestyle really has helped! Sorry you may have already said, but when is your HCOSY? nerve racking times but at least you will no either way if anything needs putting right, i soo wish they did one for me xx

Tinkerbell - it is really embarrassing having all of these examinations and scans, but for me it's been so many years (since I was 17) of having these types of tests that i'm used to it now, although I do still prefer seeing female doctors for these kind of tests. At Guys it was Dr Tom who did the scan but he was really nice and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Although I later went to my friend's for dinner and to meet her new boyfriend called Tom and had a minor freak out that it would be the doctor and i'd have to leave immediately! ha ha. only 1 Tom in London! It wasn't though thank god.
As Kazza said you just have to laugh about it with your OH. Although when my husband came back to the waiting room after giving his sample I loudly said 'hello. what have you been doing?' which he didn't find funny and told me to shut up.

Kazza - yes, any time between 13th and 21st December i'd have thought. counting down the days. I bought those vitamins we mentioned yesterday so see if they help at all. When they counted the cysts I think I had 11 on one ovary and 6 or 8 on the other - he said it's not very severe PCOS as 11 or 12 cysts qualify you as PCOS. I don't think these can be the same as follicles as they must look for follicles in people without PCOS right? I don't know though and he didn't mention anything about follicles, just said everything looked good so hopefully it'll be ok.

Key - hope you hear from them today and it's good news x it'll be great if you and Kazza start at the same time x

kazza - Yes we had plenty of giggles about the SA, you're right you do have to keep smiling and laughing through it all and thankfully we've managed too.
It will be interesting to see if it's made a difference, you hear so much about how many things can affect it like smoking etc.
The Hycosy isn't booked yet, I'm to call up on my next CD1 to book so patiently awaiting that now so can get that done and my CD3 bloods that are needed. Normally I dread the thought of the witch arriving but I'm actually wishing her along this month.
I'm really surprised you haven't had one done, I thought everyone at least had a Hycosy or HSG done with the initial investigations :shrug:

Serena - I'm almost 28 so quite late to be starting to have my first ever smear or internal scans I think. Oh gawd I dread men doing them but I'm almost certain it will be a man at Guy's when I have my Hycosy :blush: hopefully it will be over and done with quickly.
Haha thats so funny about going to your friends for dinner, i'd probably be the same :haha: could you imagine if it was the same Tom? oh gawd you'd just run out of there wouldn't you!
Haha your poor OH, I can imagine why he didn't appriciate that comment but I'd have giggled if I were there.
OH had to do his at home then drop it off to St Thomas' within an hour as they have no 'facilities'

Does anyone know the importance of getting the whole 'sample' in the pot? we're quite worried that because he didn't it's going to affect his results :dohh:

Hi tinker bell

I thought it was odd that they didn't do one but they said with oh count so low it wouldnt make a difference even if my tubes are ok!!

All this waiting around for AF!! We are all in that boat right now!!!

I'm very interested to see if the change in lifestyle has helped!!

Key any news hun? Did you get the blood results xc

Just called Guys as hadn't heard anything and my AMH is 9.5 which is ok according to the nurse. According to google this is low, but i think i'm going to ignore that and just assume that if Guys had thought it was a real problem they would have called me to discuss?!! Still a bit worried that they saw so few follicles but am going with the notion that it's quality not quantity....

On a completely different track the low alcohol wine was very nice over the weekend. I had the Banrock Station light and First Cape (fizzy Rose) and both were pretty good. They don't taste as strong (obviously!) as normal wine but come close as a substitute and i think we've definately found our Christmas drinks.

funny to hear about the SA tests - i think all the guys feel a bit weird about this, my DH has been pretty lucky and done them all at home so far. Tinkerbell i think they do the result per milligram or something so don't think it matters too much if not all of it made the pot!!

Oh well - now just got to wait for CD1 before the fun begins :winkwink:

Hi key

Glad your results are back and guys were a happy that's all that matters really! Probably just couldnt see much, they could see much on my left ovarie due to bowel shadow. So could be that?

Glad the wine was nice might give that a spin!!

Serena - any sign of AF ?

Hi tinker bell

I thought it was odd that they didn't do one but they said with oh count so low it wouldnt make a difference even if my tubes are ok!!

All this waiting around for AF!! We are all in that boat right now!!!

I'm very interested to see if the change in lifestyle has helped!!

Key any news hun? Did you get the blood results xc

I guess makes sense but as you say would be nice to actually know anyway.

The wait for AF is doing my head in, I want to get my day 3 bloods done and scan booked but I'm now CD30 (normally 29 with one or two thats been 30 since stopping the pill) typical they start to mess up when I told the Dr at Guy's they are regular at 29.
I don't even feel like its on it's way apart from bad skin but as temps still high and it used to drop day before I don't think she'll be here tomorrow either.

Just called Guys as hadn't heard anything and my AMH is 9.5 which is ok according to the nurse. According to google this is low, but i think i'm going to ignore that and just assume that if Guys had thought it was a real problem they would have called me to discuss?!! Still a bit worried that they saw so few follicles but am going with the notion that it's quality not quantity....

On a completely different track the low alcohol wine was very nice over the weekend. I had the Banrock Station light and First Cape (fizzy Rose) and both were pretty good. They don't taste as strong (obviously!) as normal wine but come close as a substitute and i think we've definately found our Christmas drinks.

funny to hear about the SA tests - i think all the guys feel a bit weird about this, my DH has been pretty lucky and done them all at home so far. Tinkerbell i think they do the result per milligram or something so don't think it matters too much if not all of it made the pot!!

Oh well - now just got to wait for CD1 before the fun begins :winkwink:

Glad to hear according to the nurse at Guy's your AMH level was fine. Anf glad you enjoyed your low alcohol wine ;) Thankfully I hardly ever drink so no need to worry about it.

I'm sure men would feel even worse if they had to go through all the scans and things we do, one test they have to do and they're funny about it. Think my OH is really glad he could do it at home too.
Oh hope thats the case, I've read conflicting stuff so guess we'll see in another week how the results come back.

Hi tinkerbell I no the feeling I'm cd39 and still waiting but come thursday I'll start provera!! Always the way though when you actually need AF to show or you tell the drs one thing and then she does the opposite! Typical!

Morning Kazza / Tinkerbell - not sure if it really works, but i read that drinking parsley can help bring on your period. Apparently 3 or 4 cups a day can help do the trick

Here's hoping for :witch: asap!

k x

Morning!

Not sure if I can stomach the parsley!!

Roll on the 16th so I can start provera!!

Serena how's things?

Hello,

No sign of AF, don't think it'll be in the next few days as can usually tell for all the pain and bad skin! hurry up!

I bought a bottle of low alcohol wine yesterday but Sainsbury's doesn't have much choice. it's 6 units for the whole bottle and looks super sweet but hopefully it wont be too awful. will probably have it on xmas day.

Got a letter from Guy's yesterday which was a copy of the one they'd sent my GP just letting them know where we're up to and the sa & blood results. My husband's sperm count is back to being normal again, but motility is 4%. They mentioned the follicles Kazza, I'll double check later but I think I had 21 Does that sound about right or is that way off?

Key - so pleased about your blood results - great news x

Let us no how the alcohol is, I like sweet wine so that's good for me!!

That's good that they send you a copy! Fantastic news about tha sa count, you only need one good one for icsi so sounds like you will be fine!! Fingers crossed for AF in the next fees day so you can start!!

21 follies indicates PCOS but I read somewhere that although PCOS ladies have an increased chance of hyper stimulation you have a one in two chance of it working which is good odds! I dont no How true that is though!!

Don't think I could drink the parsley either, but have a feeling :witch: will be here tomorrow or thursday so hopefully I'm right with that. Think I just ovulated a couple of days later than normally, seems strange to be wishing her here as usually dread the thought.
So hopefully will have a date for my Hycosy by the end of the week and have my 2nd lot of bloods done and then Monday hoping to ring Guy's and see if they will let me know my Progesterone and OH's SA results over the phone.

Serena good news about the SA count, hopefully the :witch: will be here for you soon so you can get started. Good you got a copy of the letter, they also sent me copies of the ones they sent to my hosiptal team and GP.

3 more days till you can start the Provera Kazza, not long at all. Have you taken it before? hope it works quickly for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->