IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi ladies

Sorry I thought I had replied! Perhaps it never saved!!! M

Briss I don't no about cervicle cysts I'm afraid, I know you can get ovarian ones from the Meds.

Izabella great news about being godparent and even better that lister are positive and changing you from sniffs to injection! Still loads of options for you!! Hopefully you can start before Xmas otherwise enjoy the break over Xmas !

Tinkerbell great news about the surge! Can't wait for you to be in that tww! We need some more BFPs!!

Key hope you feel better soon! Almost at the end now!!!

Serena hope you and Rosalie are well!

AFM no signs! Dr last wed said if babies don't arrive naturally by 38 weeks which is next wed then ill have an internal exam to check cervix and if it's ready I'll be induced. Not sure what there looking at for it to " be ready" but I just hope they come soon!

I hope the storm didn't do too much damage! Just one fence panel down in our garden!

Oh Kazza I'm so disappointed to see you post haha, I was just about to post saying I think you've had the babies as you hadn't been on since your appointment. Really hope it's not much longer now, think we're all getting as impatient as you ;)

I'm trying to forget about Friday for now but it's constantly on my mind, worrying if the embryo will thaw ok, hoping this will finally be our time. My nerves will be on edge Friday morning.

Hope you've all had a nice weekend and don't have any damage to homes from the storm:

Tinkerbell I know that worry of embryo thawing is painful!! But for all of us that have had a FET I think they all survived well! So that's great odds!!!! It's an agonising wait but I'm keeping everything crossed!!!

Honestly I do wish they would just arrive! I'm carrying about a stone just in babies and I'm so cooked now! I hope it won't be long!

Tinkerbell - it's so nerve wracking, fingers crossed for Friday, I'm sure they will thaw perfectly and you will soon be PUPO x

Kazza - I so thought you'd had the twins too. So next Wed will be a big day - maybe they are checking to see if the cervix is soft so they can induce, or maybe to see if you're already a bit dilated? Any twinges yet? X

Key - are you 33 weeks now? Do you have any more scans or are you next seeing the little one on the big day? X

Izabela - how are you feeling about everything now? Did you speak to Lister about the ovarian pain?

AFM - the teething is a little better but still giving her pain - I am so tired! Hoping this phase passes very soon x

Tinkerbell of course you're nervous but like Kazza said we've had excellent thaw rate on here so I reckon you'll be fine. Fingers crossed for great transfer Friday x

Kazza so hopefully one way or another you'll get to meet the little ones in about a week or so. Can't imagine how heavy thru both must be now you've done amazing :)

Serena - glad teething is easing a bit sounds like a bugger!

I'm 32 weeks on Thurs so still got a bit to go. Haven't seen little one since 20 wk scan :( next appt is with Dr at 34 to discuss what happens if I'm late as think they will induce. Big thing looking forward to us getting to go to PRUH to look around natural birthing unit in a few weeks

Isabela & Briss hope you're both doing ok

K xx

Hiya,

Nope I think these bubbas are in hear until they are made to come out!! Roll on next week! I must admit I'm getting a little scared now! It's all hitting me! Hw on earth will I cope with 2! I don't no a thing about babies!!!!! Every day I think is okay the day! I've ad little period pains but that's it!!!! And thy are short lived!!

Serena maybe that's it, checking if its soft to be induced! Does it hurt?

Key!! Not long for you now!!the birth suite at pru is lovely!!

Serena, teething does not sond like fun! Bless her!

Thanks ladies, it's a good reminder that you've all had your embryos thaw well so I hope I can keep that record up :) I think I'm just extra scared as it's the only the one we have but was told 75-80% chance of thaw success so that's pretty good.
I can't remember but did any of you have natural fet? I can't decide if I should use progesterone or not.

I really wish we had pushed for our other embryo to be frozen, it was very close to being good enough but just missed out, I know it's too late now but as we were paying I feel the choice should have been ours with it being close. I'm thinking like this because I know someone who was told their embryos weren't good enough to freeze, the quality was so bad they weren't even graded but as she was too unwell to do transfer she pleaded and they agreed to freeze them despite their advice about the quality, shocking 2 survived thawing extremely well (almost perfect) and has now got her BFP. It just makes you think, they could be not feeezing embryos that could quite well give people their BFP's.

Hi ladies, thank you very much for your kind words and support. I am still trying to get over my failed IVF. TTC naturally just seems hopeless with low sperm count but we are still trying. Just had to survive yet another BFP announcement at work… I am wandering of we should do our second natural IVf at a different clinic though except for Create there does not seem to be many that do natural IVF.

Briss it's really hard to go through all the emotions of IVF so take all the time you need to recover from it not working, I know for me it took a few days/weeks for it to really sink in properly that it hadn't worked.

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this but how comes you do natural IVF?

Tinkerbell, we decided to do natural IVF for several reasons (i) cost (it's cheaper because there are very little meds and the NHS refused us funding for conventional IVF) (ii) I have high FSH and low AMH which means stims probably wont work anyway (iii) we have sperm issues so I thought it's unfair to screw my body with meds while all we need is ICSI really (iv) I have family history of ovarian cancer and have constantly ovarian cysts so I am not sure going through stims is a good thing for me to do. even with only one egg we managed to get to implantation stage so I really think it's all down to sperm. we just need the embryologist to pick a really good one next time for ICSI.

Ahh that all makes sense, must be even more nerve wracking waiting to hear if the egg has fertilised ok?
Do you remember your DH's post wash count from your last Ivf? If it's not too low then iui could be a possibility, have you spoke about that?

we were told that his SA is bad even for IVF, it's only ICSI for us unfortunately

Were the tests repeated? Do the counts ever differ?
Sorry for asking, I know it's frustrating when someone does this it's just my DH was told low count (3mill per MK) and we were told icsi was out only option, they never did another test and he started taking those wellman vits, 6 months later when we did our first icsi his count had gone up to 61mill per ml with 28mill per ml post wash, this meant we were fine to do iui although a lot of clinics don't seem to be fond of it for some reason, when we did iui his count was even more and again on our 2nd icsi was another great sample.

We have no idea if the wellman really improved things, if it was a one off bad sample or what happened but it always makes me think if you're told low sperm numbers to make sure you insist on another couple of tests to confirm.

Thinkerbell your embie was such a good quality has higher chances to survive. Mine was 3BC and still survived. Not long until Friday all seems so great.

Briss when do you think you are likely to start your next natural IVF. If on my next cycle my body does not responds well to meds I will explore natural or IUI.

Kazza I also thought you had the babies.1 stone must be hard for you but is a great weight for your twins. You are just going to be a great mum.

Key not long left for you either. The time just flies by. So excited to know if you have a girl or a boy.

Serena this is going to be Rosalie's first Christmas so exciting for your all family. Sorry I confused everybody with my post my ovarian pain was normal for ovulation, most of the times I feel the ovulation. Is not painful just more like cramps and a bit stubbing. I feel the left one more since I lost the tube. I done a ovulation test just to confirm it. What worried me is that was again on Friday despite previous meds changing the day. I am scared that even the injections would not work. But I am trying to think is a coincidence as my cycle has been delayed by a week.

Tinkerbell, in the last 3.5 years we did about 8 SA's and his count varied between 1 mil and 12 mil, it was never more than that, his motility is generally OK but it was very low when he was drinking lots of beer, his morphology was Ok but last year it was between 1-3%, not great. In the last 3.5 years I've done all I could think of to improve his count, he is on tonnes (literally!) of carefully selected vitamins and supps, was on Chinese herbs etc etc nothing made any substantial difference to his count. when he takes his vitamins, stays off beer and is generally healthy his count can reach 11-12 min, at other times it's just around 1-3 mil with low everything so TTC naturally was (it pains me to admit it) a waste of time for us. IVF might work but with just one egg it's really risky and with low morphology it's even riskier. I was hoping we could try IUI first but it's unlikely to make any difference to natural TTC. At Create I was told that these days IUI is used mainly for single mothers using donor sperm and lesbian couples. it may also help when the sperm count is good but a woman does not have any EWCM but I do usually have 1-2 days of EWCM.

I am hoping to start our next cycle asap but I am still waiting for our review app next week and also want to see a gynaecologist to ask about Cervical cyst and my spotting this cycle just want to rule out endometritis which could prevent implantation.

Oh brows I'm really sorry, I didn't want to bring up horrible memories and thoughts with everything you've been through it's just after how we were treated by Guys in regards to hubby's SA it made me want to check. I'm still furious they made us go through 6 months of think DH's count was so low and never once asked him to repeat the test to confirm.
It actually annoys me that some hospitals seem to be so against IUI, perhaps partly because it's cheaper so they don't make as much money as they would with IVF :( I've actually known quite a few people who've got pregnant using it, it is better than trying naturally because all the good swimmers are placed right where they need to be at exactly the right time rather than with having regular sex to conceive they have to go through many hurdles to reach the egg.

If his count is around 12million per ml that's def high enough for IUI.

Hope your review appointment goes well.

Tinkerbell, I totally understand your frustration. sperm quality can so easily be affected by various factors but then it goes back up again if all is well. I also know some ladies had lots of luck with vitamins and chinese herbs. so I tried and tried but it's just not getting any better. last month it was 5 mil with only 1% morphology. I am also not quite sure why clinics are so against IUI cos naturally only about a few hundred sperm make it through the cervix while in IUI it can be much more. it's so much easier on women rather than going through EC etc.

Tinkerbell good luck for tomorrow I' sure everything will go great & you'll have bfp before you know it x

Briss - we went with ICSI because oh had low number of normal sperm, but I guess at end of day if your going down ivf route it doesn't really matter if you use icsi or not? They always told us as long as there is something to work with then they're happy to go for it. Hope things go well with your appt next week - it sounds like natural is a great way for you to carry on :)

Kazza any movement your end?

Serena hope you are getting a bit more sleep hun

Izabela - have you been matched again by Lister or still waiting to hear?

Everything ok my end - still crazy busy at work & been full of cold all week, & suffering from heartburn but other than that all good

K xx

Tinkerbell - good luck today! I'm sure your embryo will be transferred with no problems & in a few hours you will be PUPO - best of luck x

Izabela - you should talk to Lister about your concerns, I am sure the injections will work fine for you but it's worth talking to them to find out and put your mind at rest.

Briss - it sounds like you've been through a lot. My friend (who is gay) had both IUI and ICSI and got pregnant with IUI. She had ten rounds of treatment before getting pregnant, but with their second child they got pregnant immediately using IUI. As you said it's a lot easier on your body, cheaper and more natural.

Key - so sorry you're full of cold. It can't be easy when you're busy at work and carrying round a little one! Are you enjoying your third tri apart from this?

Kazza - not long now!

AFM - everything is fine. Poor Rosie is having a 4 month regression which I hadn't even heard of, but basically means she is waking up three times in the night. And also has a cold now too. It's miserable for her. My husband bought her a witches hat which is so small that she just looked like a massive potato! X

Tinkerbell how did it go today hun?
Serena- oh no can't believe Rosie's waking up a lot in the night again - poor you & her!!

K xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->