IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hey ladies

Key sorry to hear your not feeling well! Hope you feel better soon!

Serena , hope regression doesn't take too long to pass! Poor thing!

Izabella any news ?

Tinkerbell how did it go today!

Briss how are you?

Can't remember who was asking but my oh has low sa, motility and morph, was given a whole load of vits to take totalling £70 nothing worked for us, so icsi was our only hope, but... They do say if oh is run down or has a cold then this can affect quality and then the next test could be so much better ! Clearly this was never the case for us,

Afm still no signs but I'm sure m bumps just dropped today. I feel so much more comfortable under my ribs and I can move around more freely, could this be a sign that baby 1 has dropped!

I'm officially PUPO (again) :happydance:
Transfer went really smoothly and embryo survived nicely with 80-90% cells in tact, we were told this was really good as anything over 50% is considered a successful thaw. Our embryo was put in the glue left for a while and finally when my bladder decided to fill up was transferred.

Oh Kazza hope this is a sign things will start happening soon, get eating lots of spicey food :)

Key - hope the cold and heartburn settle soon

Tinkerbell congrats fir being PUPO - sounds like a brillant thaw & transfer so really really hope this is your time. You got anything nice planned for 2ww to help pass time?

Kazza - sounds like babies may have dropped yeah - can't wait to you to have them & share photos!

Kxx

Tinkerbell, congratulations on being PUPO!! praying for a sticky bean for you.

ladies, has anyone tried IMSI as opposed to ICSI? I think it allows to pick sperm better to ensure there is no DNA fragmentation. I've been asking around but it does not look like many people have any experience with it. I think our chemical was due to poor sperm quality, may be some chromosomal issue and am trying to find ways to overcome this.

Tinkerbell - brilliant news about the transfer, so pleased for you! I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed for you over the next two weeks - will you hold out to test or test early? X

Briss - I've never heard of IMSI - what is it?

Key - how's your cold now? Hope you're wrapped up warm and not out in the cold watching the fireworks!

Kazza - the babies have dropped, how exciting. Maybe they'll make an appearance before Wed?! Any other signs?

Izabela - hope you're well hon x

Monkeyfeet & jhoney - are you up to anything fireworky with the little ones or are they still a little young? X

Hey all,

Sorry it's been so long but I promise i do try and read to keep up, but apologies if I miss anyone.

Briss, so sorry the last round didnt work out. It's heartbreaking, especially when you've had such a journey but keep your chin up. It will happen for you.x

Tinkerbell, congrats on being pupo! Very exciting. Will be thinking of you lots over next two weeks and here's going this is your bfp.x

Key, cannot believe how far you are already! How much longer at work? Bet you can't wait to finish. I remember being craZy busy too in the lead up to mat leave. It's great as a distraction but you need to look after yourself. Once mat leave starts - enjoy your time and relax before little one arrives. X

Kazza can't believe you've only a few days left to meet your babies!!!! I cannot wait to see pics and hear all about it. We first started chatting on here two years ago now and I know I don't pop by munch but this group really is close to my heart and I'm so chuffed that you are going to be a mama in the next few days! X

Serena, sorry that rosalie has been struggling with her teeth and sleep. It's horrible for them (and you) but the regressions do pass and it dies settle back to normal. First two teeth for us were troublesome but so far, touch wood, the next 6 were ok. Have you tried Ashton and parsons powder? It's herbal and its great!!! The powder is so much easier than gels to rub into their gums.
I think you asked about whether we were thinking about another baby - we are just about to start an egg share programme at bourn hall.... Excited but very nervous!! Do you think you will try again at all?
We've just come back from a local fireworks display with William! He had ear defenders on and was wrapped up warm in his pjs and snowsuit and I carried him in the sling - he slept through it! We don't take him out of an evening really so was a mini experiment but seemed to work!

Jhoney - I hope you are well.x

I really hope I haven't missed anyone or anything. Much love.xxx

Monkeyfeet!! Lovely to hear from you! Glad you and William are doing well! Great that William slept through the fireworks! Those ear defenders must be good! Can't believe it's been 2 years since we started talking and IVFing together! We have all come so far! Just need Briss, Izabella and Tinkerbell to get that BFP now! Great to hear that you are about to start a eggs bare program, please do keep us informed of how you are getting on!

Tinkerbell congratulations on being pupo! Sounds like you have a strong embie there!! Everything crossed!

Briss, not heard of that I'm afraid, but I've heard of PGT which can rule out chromosomal issues. This can be pricey and if you have only had one cycle might be be worth another go to see how your body responds? Some people it takes a little longer like me, and sometimes like key it can be down do the NK cells, it might not be chromosomal issues. My partners morph(quality) is on,y 1% but with icsi they still pick out the best quality sperm. I don't no much about IMSI so I can't offer much advice I'm afraid!

Key, how's things?

AFM I've been getting the worst shooting pain in my left side near my ovary since 3.30-4pm today. I have no idea what it is but I've been getting it every 20mins or so, sometimes every couple of mins, no real pattern only that for the short time it's there it's a killer. It's not like what i expect a contraction to be like but a stabbing pain which is a worry, tomorrow I might phone the hospital if it's still there. Otherwise no other symptoms! I see my midwife Monday then dr Wednesday is hope to get some news soon!

Isabella, I'm so sorry, I just knew I'd miss someone in my late night ramblings. Good news that lister have approved for another egg share - we will prob be starting around the same time and I shall def be picking your brains. Fingers crossed this is your time. Hope you're doing ok.

Kazza - they sound like promising twinges... How are they his morning? Have you a tens machine? I'm so excited for you.xx

Hey,

No tens machine for me still getting the shooting pain but that's all! I really need these bubbas out now!

Kazza - do you think it could be Braxton Hicks? Or mild contractions? Sounds like it will be very soon - did you ring the hospital? It's def worth checking x

Monkeyfeet - so lovely to hear from you. That's hilarious that William slept through the fireworks - but better than the baby near us at Blackheath last year that freaked out and his dad had to take him off! How exciting that you're starting an egg share program - please keep us uptodate as to how it's going, as you've read it's worked well for Key & Kazza! Yes, we're going to try again at some point in the new year. We still have two frozen embryos to try and if they don't work we will try a new fresh cycle. I'm still breastfeeding and not sure how that will affect it though, as I'm not having periods and I'm also not sure what drugs I'd be able to take. I suspect I'll have to wait until I'm not bf.
Thanks for the encouragement that the teething/regression passes! At the moment I can't imagine the other side but good to know it will come one day!

No if not called them yet, it's not been as bad today.

When do they expect your periods to resume serena?

Cat question!! Serena think you have a cat, how have you found looking after rosalie and worrying about if the cat is sitting on her? That's what I'm worrying about now! My cat is used to having full run of the house and I'm worried how he will be with the babies!

Kazza - yes we worried about the cats a lot at first. They are used to full range of the house too so we didn't want to start shutting them out of rooms (they usually scratch & meow at the door if it's shit). We bought a cat net but it was crappy looking so we didn't use it. The cats were really scared of Rosie at first but after a month or so they were used to her and now if I'm feeding her one of them jumps on my lap and lays behind her. They have never seemed interested in laying on her though - if anything they are a bit jumpy when she moves. At night I have her sleeping at the side of the bed in her Moses/crib/cot bed, and I lay along the edge of the bed so if one of the cats wanted to jump into her bed they'd have to climb over me. I put lots of things on the bedside table so they can't jump from there (muslin, dummy, monitor, teddy, water etc). This worked really well when she was in the Moses & crib, they didn't try to get in once. However, the cotbed is massive (about 3 or 4 ft I'd guess) so they have been more interested in jumping into the end she's not in and sniffing her mobile. Because of how I lay it has woken me up so I've watched & they just spent a few seconds in there and then jumped out. That's only happened twice in about 5 wks though.
But - when I put her down and I'm downstairs I am a bit more nervous and often try to call the cats down too so I can see them. Or I check on her more often. But they haven't ever been in her bed. But now the weather is getting cooler I am a bit more worried. When she moves into her nursery we will keep her door closed I think.
Sorry this hasn't been more help, I think just try to not worry too much but use your common sense and where possible keep them apart. I've read that a cat smothering a baby has never actually happened, but I'd still be wary especially when they are small.

I am so excited for you - I want them to come today!

Oh sorry, in reply to your q, I think my periods should resume after I finish breastfeeding - I think it just sends your hormones a bit crazy for a while x

It's worth giving your mw a call Kazza, just to see what she says. Could be braxton hicks though also as serena says.
Re bf and ivf - when I asked about it it I got a very clear 'no' I guess the drugs change the milk with hormones etc. hopefully William will have self weaned by then as he ou has 3 feeds a day now.
My period sadly returned at 6mths - and I was still feeding a lot but just not through the night. Think it seems to differ for everyone though. Keep it away for as long as possible I say!x

That's really interesting, thanks Monkeyfeet - is William 8 months now? Did you wean him at 6 months and when did you start doing fewer feeds? Rosie is still having 8-10 a day!

Rosalie sounds similar to William at that age with varying 8-10 feeds per day. At 6mths we started baby led weaning rather than the traditional weaning so it was a good few weeks before he actually started to swallow food so milk intake remained the same - by about 7mths I gradually started to drop feed - his one after breakfast, followed by late morning and then the late afternoon feed he now has occasionally (he's been poorly).
They really do just let you know. William is generally a really good eater but when teeth are coming through or he is a little under the weather, he always resorts to more breastmilk.
What age is rosalie now? X

Sorry Kazza, I misread and thought you said pains had been as bad today. Apologies. Hope you're doing ok though.x

Monkeyfeet lovely to hear from you - glad William enjoyed (if sleeping thru it counts!) the fireworks. How exciting that you're looking at egg sharing, when will you get started? Have to say I'm already thinking about number 2 and we've got 1 frozen blast left at Guys which we'll probably try around Sept next year.

Kazza - glad pain has eased a bit - really hope the little ones arrive soon, I'm not surprised you've had enough! At least if they're not here by Weds you know you will be induced and they'll be on their way :)

Serena hope Rosie's teeth are giving her a little less pain now. Sounds like your cats are pretty good around Rosie which is great news and I'm sure a relief

Briss - afraid I don't know anything about IMSI either but know that generally ICSI does allow them to select best and most viable sperm & many of us have had success this way (even though took few attempts!) if you had chemical this time maybe worth another go with ICSI? but I'm sure your doc will be able to advise better - is appt next week? Is there chromosomal test you can do on sperm to see if that would be best step?

My cold is getting better but OH is complaining about me snoring as still can't breathe properly at night! Started NCT on Sat which was useful in terms of going thru labour process & meeting new people who will hopefully become quite good friends :)

K xx

Wow lots of activity since I been online.

Thinkerbell great news, great quality embryo and the embryo glue sounds fantastic. This should definitely work for you. Hope you have a stress free 2ww and a big BFP.

Kazza you sound nearly there. Your babies seem to do so well and soon you are going to be a fantastic buddy mum. I recon they will be born one Saturday.

Key I am glad to hear you are feeling better and you are over your cold.

Serena so sorry to hear theeting is upsetting Rosalie . hope she would be soon much better.

Monkeyfeet such a good news you are starting soon IVF for a sibling for William. Yes we can be cycle bodies if you look for January. William sound so sweet and your weaning process sound really good.

Briss I heard of IMSI apparently works for motile sperm. They mimic a bubble similar with the egg but with very weak shell so the strongest would make it there. Not an option for my husband as all his sperm is non motile and immature. But could really work for you.

AFM I called Lister last week and they think they have a match for me but I don't start until January. A pain I think the other lady may have holiday booked or just can't synchronize as in short time. In one way is better as my body would recover better and 2 months of birth control should allow them to take control over my body.

Hope everybody is well. Sorry if I miss anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->