IVF/ICSI August

Your understanding is the same as mine Blue. The only thing missing was that with the short protocol, another drug (Cetrotide or similar) is given from approx CD5. This is to stop spontaneous ovulation from taking place, so that the cycle isn't wasted.

xx

This is probably a stupid question, but I've got my prescription for the pill. When I collect it do I have to pay for it or does it qualify as a free of charge contraceptive?!

Red pill is free - my DH's face was a picture as the chemist passed me it and i said thanks and walked off. Gpoing out the door he says"aren't you going to pay for that?" :rofl:

Hmmm ... Red you've just given me a thought. In NI we now get free prescriptions full stop. I wonder if I can blag fertility drugs as free and get my GP to give me a prescription for them. Must make some enquiries...

Good luck with that Maz. Even if you can't get all of them just getting some free will help with costs!

Hello everyone - i'm going to be brave and say I'm doing round 2 in August. Everythings not 100% definite because of several factors but it is the plan for now.
Anyone else cycling in August who would like to join me? :flower:

Hey Tansey I start Round 3 the end of July so I will be cycling in August as well

Best of luck to you:hugs:

Is it a Fresh or Frozen Cycle?

:hi: Hi LJ :

This is a fresh cycle, we didn't have any frosties :nope:

Hope it is 3rd time lucky for you! :dust:

:hi: Hi LJ :

This is a fresh cycle, we didn't have any frosties :nope:

Hope it is 3rd time lucky for you! :dust:

Aww fanks Tansey.

This is a frosty cycle for me - less chance of success so not getting my hopes up, as my 2nd treatment was frosties too and they were poor quality after the thaw.

Lucky you having a fresh cycle! Fingers crosseD!

:happydance: I got my letter. I got my letter. :happydance:

I have to get my CD3 bloods done with my July period (which hopefully won't show up) and then send the results off with my August period details to get my 4th cycle underway.

Not sure why I'm happy about having to go through it for a fourth time.

xx

Maz glad you got your letter and you're all good to go. I know you have been through a rough time (I thought my one time disappointment was bad) it's good to have a bit of excitement tghough and no matter what we can't help but secretly hope and think it has to be our time at some point. :hugs: and :dust:
I'm getting my CD3 done with my July AF too!

I want to do my July AF but dont think I'll be able to with work so prob gota wait for my August AF :( boo hoo. mind you i'm too scared to do it again really, the upset was not nice, but I guess you gota take the rough with the smooth in order to get what we want and deserve! :)

i just went to fertility clinic today to discuss the results of everything we've had

the clinic closes for 3 weeks this summer, and he said it would put too much stress
on my body to try and squeeze an IVF cycle in now so he told me to go on the pill
when my period starts end of june/early july, take it 'till august 6 so i can get started
right away when the clinic opens again the 9th.

the only meds he talked about so far is gonal-f that i have to inject myself with for 7 days,
then the pregnyl and pick up 36 hours later
that's all i know so far, he didn't want to overload me with info.

he has high hopes (well, somebody has to have them right) and told me
"you will be pregnant this year!", maaaan, i hope he's right

Hi all :wave:
Well we think I ov'd yesterday and so I'm hoping that if a miracle doesn't happen I should have AF about the 5th July - it's good to have some idea so I know I can book CD3 bloods soon, start the pill and maybe even our flights and hotel! Still waiting for an appointment for a scan to check things though!

Hey guys!

Tans - i had ovulation pains last night so got in some quick :sex: before i went to sleep just in the hope it went well!!! :haha: I never lose hope!!!

Clinic appt yesterday at The Lister - i am starting DR end of July so August would be my cycle for EC/ET :yipee:

Hey guys!

Tans - i had ovulation pains last night so got in some quick :sex: before i went to sleep just in the hope it went well!!! :haha: I never lose hope!!!

Clinic appt yesterday at The Lister - i am starting DR end of July so August would be my cycle for EC/ET :yipee:

hi i see your having ivf at the lister ! is that a good hospital for ivf does it have high reviews ! im really interested as looking for a hospital for ivf how long was you on the waiting list many thanks faye :thumbup:

Yay! lots of familiar faces..... august will be a lucky month!

I hope so, although I'm strictly not an August ICSI chick ... more of an October one!

Hello,

I'm new to this site. We start our IVF on the 18th July and if all goes to plan then I think EC and ET will be towards the end of August.

We still have one more chance to make it happen naturally but as it hasn't happened so far we've decided to give up and enjoy our last month of freedom so no OPKs, CBFM, charting temps and I'm allowing myself to have a drink!

I'll probably go quiet on here for a while as trying to forget for now but just wanted to say hi and that I'll be glad to have/lend support going through what I believe is not going to be the most nicest of journeys.

Hope you are all well.

H xx

good luck helenttc

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back