IVF/ICSI August

Good luck Helen - I think we all secretly hope for a natural BFP even if we've been told it's not really possible! DH said to me today that he hopes we get to see a embie at my scan instead of the endometrioma but I've had such a bad cycle bleding and spotting that I doubt there's any good lining to implant in :dohh:

So I have my NHS scan on 15th July and if endometrioma is less that 3cm we will book our flights and hotel for our IVF in Turkey! :yipee:

Hey Ladies :flower:

Well it's just over a month until August - woohoo!! :happydance:

I'm due to start DR on 13th July with injection training on 12th July. So just over 2 weeks for me....Can't wait to get going!

Hope everyone's doing well!

:hugs:

just wondering... why Turkey?

I get a 3 week holiday - treatment, meds, hotel HB, flights for 2 for the same price as over here and more importantly the level of care you receive. All the ladies have said the same that it os better than over here.

Hi Springflower - you are so right, we are on the count down! I am 6dpo and normally have a LP of 13days and then on CD3 I start the pill! :happydance:

Hi,

Thanks ladies.

Tansey I have a cyst on my left ovary too, they haven't said its the same type as you have but its currently 2cm. They've said it shouldn't affect treatment so I'll be good to go in a few weeks time. 3 weeks today I start :thumbup:

H xx

I'm waiting for my first normal bleed after BFN. The witch is 6 days late *sigh* I stupidly thought my gosh this could actually be my miracle BFP but I tested on sat and no such luck the witch is just playing with me :cry:

hi i see your having ivf at the lister ! is that a good hospital for ivf does it have high reviews ! im really interested as looking for a hospital for ivf how long was you on the waiting list many thanks faye :thumbup:

Hey Faye

So sorry for not replying.

I have to say that The Lister were amazing! I know if you are paying for something you expect good treatment but seriously - i left our 2 hour consultant appt feeling informed, treated really well and neither of us felt like a failure - plus you can start straight away! If you are in a position to do egg share then the IVF is free although you have to meet their criteria and it takes a little longer as they need to run additional tests - but they said last Monday that we could start today... how's that for quick!!!
I didn't want to go on the pill as i get sick on it so you would start sniffing CD21 - 2 weeks of sniffing, scan, injections for 6 days, scan then injections every other day until EC - they also push for blasts and only freeze blasts now xx

Looks like I may be joining you girls! I can get started once :witch: arrives, but the Dr. thinks my transfer will likely be by mid-August! I'm not sure where I fit, so I'm visiting the July and August threads!

I have a question for you ladies ...

I am due to contact my hospital with day 1 of my August period which is due around the 28th August. My cycles always used to be 27 days, but we are now up to 31 days. Anyhow, we are wanting to go on holiday after our ET but have a bit of a dilemma. We have a hairy one to think about and usually he would stay at my in-laws house, but they will be on holiday mid October, which is when I am guestimating ET to be, so we'll have no dogsitter.

I'm wondering what you guys think about me telling the clinic that my period started on 1st August when it is due around 27th July. I would then need to make sure I get hold of my drugs early so that I can start down regging at the proper time - which should be do-able. I could just tell them I am away with work and need to collect them early. If I can do this it would mean that EC would be around the 3rd week of September, which would work in with the inlaws holiday plans ... if that makes sense.

Do you guys think this is a good idea or not?

xx

just wondering... why Turkey?

I get a 3 week holiday - treatment, meds, hotel HB, flights for 2 for the same price as over here and more importantly the level of care you receive. All the ladies have said the same that it os better than over here.

oooooooh i see, haha i'd do the same in a heartbeat then!

with what i pay i can maybe book a citytrip to france, lol

Hey girls (and hey Tans!!!).

I'm a bit of a BnB veteran, was on the TTC boards for ages back in 2007/8. Oh those were the days, so full of hope, so excited about every possible symptom during the 2ww, how much I have learnt since then!

Anyway, been trying since Nov 07 and diagnosed with unexplained infertility - recently discovered I don't have that many follicles (7 overall) but having more scans next cycle.

Starting meds late July for transfers etc in late August for first round. So will be watching this post with interest. Most important thing: keeping hopeful. So really focusing on that, and being as healthy and happy as poss. Dreading an IVF BFN, not sure what that'll do to me and hubby emotionally but hey, gotta be optimistic right? x

Hi Trix :wave:

I started getting excited today coz it is 1st July tomorrow and I'm flying to Turkey around 1st Aug - not long to go :yipee:

Maz, I'd probably do it too!

Sorry Mummy. :hugs:

Hi Trixie! :hi:

Tans, not long now before you're in Turkey!

tinybutterfly, are you in the U.S.?

Ooooh, Turkey, fab! I'm starting to get excited now July is nearly here (4 hours!). Hubby said yesterday: "Babe, in 2 months, you could be pregnant" and I stopped myself before saying "yeah right". I need to allow myself to be hopeful!

Hubby's having in-depth sperm analysis on Friday. His basic tests were above average so dr thinks it's unlikely they'll detect problems but who knows? Anyone else heard / know of men getting great basic results then not-so-great in-depth?

It's July!!!!! :yipee: :happydance:

Ooooh, Turkey, fab! I'm starting to get excited now July is nearly here (4 hours!). Hubby said yesterday: "Babe, in 2 months, you could be pregnant" and I stopped myself before saying "yeah right". I need to allow myself to be hopeful!

Hubby's having in-depth sperm analysis on Friday. His basic tests were above average so dr thinks it's unlikely they'll detect problems but who knows? Anyone else heard / know of men getting great basic results then not-so-great in-depth?

Trix unfortunately we are exactly such a case - really high count 120million but further tests a year later showed 55% sperm antibodies :shock: it is when the sperm clumps together and can be caused by a sports injury. However we didn't need icsi last time as ivf worked for us - well all eggs fertilised.

But don't you be worrying until you get the results back!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->