IVF/ICSI August

Thanks Tans. Tbh, if results came back below average, I'd be happier cos at least we'd know why we're having problems. Don't think hubby would be happy though, bless him! Am I right in saying chances of IVF success are higher for unexplained infertility people? Sure I read this somewhere.

hi everyone! Well i am not so sure i am ready to be here just yet but i am lurking... My first icsi in may resulted in a BFP which turned into a blighted ovum, i had a D&C a week ago and actually i am still bleeding and ihave some pain from this but thats another story. So i think we may do a FET in august if things go according to plan and i might see you here again. Hi to all the ladies from the unlucky may thread, this ones gonna be different!

Hi Gracy hope you are getting better and ready for your FET soon :hugs:

AF arrived yesterday and so I have my cd3 bloods tomorrowand start the pill. Our hotel is booked, just need to sort the flights out now! :happydance:

Hi Gracy. :hugs: Sorry to hear your news.

Yay Tans, send her my way when you're done!

Hurrah Tans, mine is due soon then I can say 'this cycle, i start IVF' (well, the meds anyway).x

Tansey how exciting! Your on the move!!!:happydance:

Well I have one week exactly until I start DR, finally!!!

Hope everyone's doing well
:hugs:

I'm glad it's nearly our time (again for some of us) ladies - let the excitement and positivity begin :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

I was getting sooooo excited today, thinking about the possibility I could be pregnant next cycle. Can't wait! x

Hi everyone,
New to this site, start pills and injections in about a week waiting for my period to start.
1st time i have done this, nervous and excited.
Kel xx

since my period started i'm on the pill now untill early august
because they couldn't squeeze in a forced cycle before their annual holidays
and when they would be open again my periods would have stopped already and i'd
be too late to start an august cycle, soooo... the pill 'till early august, so i can start in august, yay.

i just started and i'm already cranky, poor OH

Welcome Kel! I'm also waiting for AF.

Hi tinybutterfly! :hi:

hi everyone,

1st cycle for us too, start D/R injections on sunday, scared, nervous and excited all rolled into one!

Good luck xxx

Welcome Kel and loobylou :wave:

tinybutterfly I am on CD5 too and on the pill (but didn't start it until cd3 after my bloods)
I'm doing short protocol, how about you?

Hey ladies
Just spoke to clinic today- start meds around 15th Aug ec around 1st week in oct.Its my first time and i will be on short protocol. I am travelling to england from northern ireland and staying for 2 weeks- no stress there then!! will prob have everyone tortured with questions once i receive all the bumpf from the clinic. x

Got AF today at 5pm - just as the clinic close, ha ha! Am supposed to call them on CD1 to arrange bloods and another scan. Hoping I should be fine to call them Monday now, that'll be CD3.

Also annoyed cos boss has booked me into training the days leading up to when i might have ER. I'm not telling my work I'm having IVF for a variety of reasons so am just telling them I'm having a cyst removed and need a couple of weeks off from 23 August for the op, when I originally guessed my ER would be. However, my boss told me today she's booked me into quite expensive training on 19 and 20 August which will entail me travelling from 7am and probably not getting back till 6ish.

I take it there's quite a lot of scans in the lead up to ER? And what if my ovulation falls over the weekend? Does the clinic deal with this by tweaking drugs? In your experience, can the clinic work around your commitments by tweaking meds to make you OV at a convenient time?

I know this sounds a little ridiculous, IVF must come first and I can probably get around it by saying NHS have brought my op forward. But just so difficult as the training is quite major and costly for my company.

Arghhhhhhh!!!

Hello everyone:flower:

Hey Trixie - I'm a 1st timer so don't have any wise words but I would definately spk to your boss and say you have to have that time off. You want to be in the best possible position to make this attempt work, the travelling and having to fit scans in will be arkward I tihnk and you don't know how bad you might feel. Sorry I don't want to sound all pessimistic but I think if this attempt doesnt work and you've had to work when you wanted to rest you could end up torturing yourself with what ifs.:hugs:

Am starting DR on Tuesday, Im so excited that I'm nearly at the start - FINALLY!! Have injection training on Monday and am even excited about that. Was very brave the other day and peeked a look at my meds, the gonal injection looks fine, thats like a pen. The overtille (sp!) looks very scary though, it's a proper injection!! At least there's only one of those!! Does anyone else have to take suppositories? I seem to have hundreds!! I'm glad they come at the end!

Love to you all. Not long now...we're nealry have way through July....:coffee:

Trix you could down reg for longer so that your dates are moved. Once you start stimming they scan you about day 8 and then when they need to which in my case was nearly everyday until they knew the follies were ready and I stop the drugs and take the hcg shot ready for EC 36 hours later. You can't work around it - you have to be scanned.

I know someone who had them try to work her ivf around her schedule and I am pretty sure that it ended up messing up her cycle. They delayed things and shortened things and in the end she got af 5 days after a 3 day ET. They gave her something to bring her af early and then delayed other things and then af never came at all and they sent her onto stims anyway.

As hard as it is to fit things in you will feel better to know that the cycle is going as it is supposed to.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->