IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Hi all! Once again, I'm way behind on what's going on! For some reason, I can't get thread update emails, so I never know when someone has commented! Any ideas?

Congratulations to all you BFP's! It makes me so happy to see all of your positive tests! I still have my fingers crossed that I'll see one of those some day soon.

Megg- My heart aches for you. I've been following your journey and was really hoping this would be your time. :hugs:

AFM- I received my IVF calendar on Monday & am supposed to receive my box of meds tomorrow. This is all so new and scary. I keep reading everyone's posts about Beta and numbers and all that good stuff & I kind of get lost in it all. I hope more understanding will come with time. I'm scheduled have a suppression check on May 4th and if all is well, start stimming on Friday the 6th. The tentative plan, if all goes well, is to do ER on 5/17 & a possible ET on 5/22. Has anyone else felt weird about having a scheduled date to become pregnant? It seems so surreal to me.

Best wishes to all of you on your journeys!! :flower:

Has anyone else felt weird about having a scheduled date to become pregnant? It seems so surreal to me.
It doesn't mean you deliver on a set date though, and the ER dates can change according to your response:flower:

I got a call from my clinic, and there's 7 embies at the moment:happydance:
If all goes well, egg transfer will be on Saturday:thumbup:

I go at 11:30, start drinking 4 cups of water from 12:30, and the transfer is at 1:30pm. I suppose it doesn't have to be water? I think I'll take something else with me, as water goes straight down:haha:

Sounds really positive Quaver - good luck!

Megg - I am really sorry honey. You seem to have a very good attitude, god why is this so hard?

As for me - egg collection set for tomorrow at 11am. The exact time Wills and Kate get married? How odd!

Currently have 15 follicles all at a good size. 13 on the right 2 on the left!! Am in a bit of pain, everytime the pain goes away I worry that I have ovulated by mistake!! My trigger was at 34 hours before so that does not happen again! Who knows.

Feeling very strange about the whole thing. If I get to Pupo I will be very relieved!

Love to all

x x x

everytime the pain goes away I worry that I have ovulated by mistake!!
I had that too, I thought I ov'd and said so at my docs, but the follicles were still there on the scan. Doctor said don't worry it won't ov so long as I'm taking the meds:thumbup:

Hope everyone is doing well today! I'm finding this experience is becoming increasingly more emotional for me (& *I* haven't even started the stimming meds yet!!), to which I'm sure you all can relate. What are some things you guys do to help you through the emotional ups and downs of this process?

I already struggle with Bipolar II disorder and a severe anxiety disorder. I know discontinuing all of my medications has definitely affected my moods, but there is a very sensitive emotional piece to all of this & I'm sure I'm not alone...right?

:hugs: to everyone.

megg: You sneak! hahahaaa! Good for you!

quaver: I just about spit my Oj! don't call your eggs rotten! hahhaa! Oh my goodness. Fx for your 19

AFM: really really sick of this already. I'm a giant bitch or I'm crying. My tummy bled today after the lupron? That hasn't happened before and now I have a bruise. It makes me stomach sick like seconds after doing it too. My sister is pregnant and is complaining of morning sickness and while I want to be understanding it just makes me angry deep down. I would love to have morning sickness right now... I should be having morning sickness. I should be finding out the sex of my baby in a couple of weeks not this...

Sorry to be a debbie downer. I'm having a rough time with this. I'm in the middle of this IVF thing, mourning my baby, a lawsuit, plus just the daily stuff of family drama and a child with autism. It's getting to be a whole lot to handle. I just pray this works.

Adanma

My coordinator confirmed that she knows I'll find out in advance and they don't mind. As long as I'm willing to keep taking my meds no matter what the first beta says, they're perfectly content with me knowing before they call! :)

Sorry this morning sucked! :( Its so hard when you know that you should be progressing in a healthy pregnancy and instead you're stuck doing this crap! I feel ya! :hugs:

Hi all! Once again, I'm way behind on what's going on! For some reason, I can't get thread update emails, so I never know when someone has commented! Any ideas?

Congratulations to all you BFP's! It makes me so happy to see all of your positive tests! I still have my fingers crossed that I'll see one of those some day soon.

Megg- My heart aches for you. I've been following your journey and was really hoping this would be your time. :hugs:

AFM- I received my IVF calendar on Monday & am supposed to receive my box of meds tomorrow. This is all so new and scary. I keep reading everyone's posts about Beta and numbers and all that good stuff & I kind of get lost in it all. I hope more understanding will come with time. I'm scheduled have a suppression check on May 4th and if all is well, start stimming on Friday the 6th. The tentative plan, if all goes well, is to do ER on 5/17 & a possible ET on 5/22. Has anyone else felt weird about having a scheduled date to become pregnant? It seems so surreal to me.

Best wishes to all of you on your journeys!! :flower:

That makes 2 of us hoping this would have been my time... but it'll come! Thank you! :hugs:

If you feel lost and want to ask questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. You can always PM me if you want. I'm becoming a pro! LOL I'm always happy to help!!!

I go at 11:30, start drinking 4 cups of water from 12:30, and the transfer is at 1:30pm. I suppose it doesn't have to be water? I think I'll take something else with me, as water goes straight down:haha:

7 is great!!! :)

Sounds really positive Quaver - good luck!

Megg - I am really sorry honey. You seem to have a very good attitude, god why is this so hard?

As for me - egg collection set for tomorrow at 11am. The exact time Wills and Kate get married? How odd!

Currently have 15 follicles all at a good size. 13 on the right 2 on the left!! Am in a bit of pain, everytime the pain goes away I worry that I have ovulated by mistake!! My trigger was at 34 hours before so that does not happen again! Who knows.

Feeling very strange about the whole thing. If I get to Pupo I will be very relieved!

Love to all

x x x

No idea why its so hard! Good luck with EC tomorrow! :hugs:

AFM... I'll be back on the IVF train in 4 weeks (ticker in my siggy). We're upping my meds and hoping for more eggs. He said the rest was textbook perfect. So, that's all we can change! FX'd! Meds start on May 26!

I just received a call from my FS. She said that my test results came back with surprising numbers & not in a good way. After looking at my initial follicle count, they found that I only have 7. She said though I am 32, it is as though she were looking at 40 year-old ovaries. She said that we most likely won't have any embryos to freeze and if we get 2 good quality embryos, she would like to transfer both.

So, I guess it looks like we aren't just dealing with male factor now. I'm absolutely shocked and crushed. :cry:

Congratulations to the all the BFP girls :happydance: You are proof that it works and gives the rest of us hope!!

I have been stalking (but not posting) for a wee while - the BFN really knocked me for 6 - this is so, so hard.

I have a review appt on 17th May, so i'll see what happens with that before trying again.

Hugs to all :hugs:

Hi I had my ER today and got 8 eggs? Is that any good or maybe we won't have very many to transfer in the end. I will find out tomorrow how many have fertilized.

only takes 1 right?! Even if half get fertilized and then 1/2 of that look good, still got 2!! Goodluck! Let us know how many fertilized!:dust:
'

You rock PSP! Seriously needed the positive replies. That sounds totally logical too.:thumbup: How many did you have on your retrievals?

Oh and how is the BCP treating you?

I did have more, I think 14 last time, but some were immature. It truly doesn't matter the number:nope: so long as you have a couple good ones to put back! It really is the quality that matters the most.:thumbup: I had a lot and the 3 they put back didn't work last time, yet I know of people who had one transferred and it worked! Don't focus on the number, honest!!
BC has been no problem for me. Maybe because I was on it for the last 7 years due to my endo. :shrug:It's the waiting I hate! Just want to get to stims so I can feel like I'm finally getting there!
Do you know when the transfer is??:dust:

It really is quality over quantity! I got over-stimulated and had 56 follicles and 52 eggs retrieved. 16 fertilized and 4 made it to blastocyst. 2 were put back and none frozen (from that cycle) The 2 blastocysts :wacko: are now in the backyard playing with the dogs. One of them is peeing on the tree, :blush: wish I could say it was the boy.

The over-stimulation was the worst. I was so bloated, I immediately looked 5 months pregnant. I had people asking me when I was due and I didn't even know IF I was pregnant. All worth it in the end though:happydance:

Sorry ladies, I haven't posted on here since April 12th, so I am still playing catch up. It's like a really great novel. I am so happy for everyone. All the BFP are awesome!!!

Actually, 2 different studies have shown that women who felt stressed during their cycles had a significantly higher success rate. The studies were completely unrelated and were conducted to prove that stress was detrimental to IVF cycles, when they actually proved the opposite. There are articles about it. Its weird!

THAT is really interesting! I was TTC for about 3 years before my son was conceived. I had implantation bleeding while I was at my Mother's death bed. At the time, I thought oh well, I didn't expect it to work. Too much going on, not to mention losing my Mom. When we found out I was pregnant after the funeral, I realized it was my Mom. She is my son's guardian angel.

When he was 6 months old, we started TTC again. Many IUI and 2 ICSI/IVF cycles. It was 3 days before my ER and had 56 follicles, when I got a call that my Dad died unexpectedly. My step-mother was not going to have a funeral for him (don't get me started there. He left when I was 3... lots of baggage) So I decided not to fly across the country and stayed and retrieved the eggs instead of canceling the cycle. I am so glad I did, we now have twins that are 3.

We have 2 frozen day-5 blastocysts from our first ICSI/IVF cycle. We are really hoping for 1 more baby to complete our family. I feel guilty reading through all the posts. I still remember all the pain from TTC our first child, the wishing, longing and praying. I feel greedy because we want a larger family.

It seems a FET is a little different in protocol than IVF. I started the lupron shots on 4/20. I started taking Estrace tablets on 4/26 and will go in for my first scan on 5/9. If all looks well then, they will schedule the FET for the 16th. The first hurdle will be if both frosties survive the "thaw" [-o<

It doesn't have to be water they just want your bladder really full so that they can visualize everything better.

___Megg- I just wanted to say how sorry for your loss.

Big congrats to all of you that have got their BFP!

I had my ET today and had 2 blasts transferred. 2 more are are at the morula stage and will be frozen if they make it to blasts. I am cautiously excited at this point. This is by far the farthest we have come after all this time.

I have a question though. I know that trigger shots can stay in your system for a long time so I took a HPT today to see if it was still in there. I triggered about 6 days ago and I got a BFN. Can that be???? If so when can I start doing my own testing ? ( I know it is naughty and I shouldn't do it but it is too tempting to pass up plus I have bulk amounts of IC to use up).

Hope everyone is doing well today! I'm finding this experience is becoming increasingly more emotional for me (& *I* haven't even started the stimming meds yet!!), to which I'm sure you all can relate. What are some things you guys do to help you through the emotional ups and downs of this process?

I already struggle with Bipolar II disorder and a severe anxiety disorder. I know discontinuing all of my medications has definitely affected my moods, but there is a very sensitive emotional piece to all of this & I'm sure I'm not alone...right?

:hugs: to everyone.

You are NOT alone. I am Bipolar I and stopped my meds just weeks ago. Between coming off those meds, adding the hormones and having my son screened for autism... I can't stop crying. :cry: If I'm not crying, then I am raging at someone. I'm just praying for the :bfp: because I know the pregnancy hormones help protect some from the Bipolar.

My GP has not been supportive of me coming off my meds or attempting to get pregnant. So I am going to find a new GP.

___Megg- I just wanted to say how sorry for your loss.

Big congrats to all of you that have got their BFP!

I had my ET today and had 2 blasts transferred. 2 more are are at the morula stage and will be frozen if they make it to blasts. I am cautiously excited at this point. This is by far the farthest we have come after all this time.

I have a question though. I know that trigger shots can stay in your system for a long time so I took a HPT today to see if it was still in there. I triggered about 6 days ago and I got a BFN. Can that be???? If so when can I start doing my own testing ? ( I know it is naughty and I shouldn't do it but it is too tempting to pass up plus I have bulk amounts of IC to use up).

Never mind! I got up to go to the bathroom again and saw that there was a faint line. Ha! I'm just so use to not seeing it that I didn't see it when it was there. Perhaps in that case I will be a good girl and not cheat. 8 days just seems so far off!

What are some things you guys do to help you through the emotional ups and downs of this process?
I do acupuncture to relax:flower:
After looking at my initial egg count, they found that I only have 7. She said though I am 32, it is as though she were looking at 40 year-old ovaries.
Hey hey, I'm nearly 40, there's nothing wrong with a 40 year old ovaries:haha:
It just means you needed more meds I think:thumbup:
It doesn't have to be water they just want your bladder really full so that they can visualize everything better.
Great! I'll bring something else then:thumbup:
Yay!:happydance:
Never mind! I got up to go to the bathroom again and saw that there was a faint line. Ha! I'm just so use to not seeing it that I didn't see it when it was there. Perhaps in that case I will be a good girl and not cheat. 8 days just seems so far off!
When will you test for real?

AFM... I'll be back on the IVF train in 4 weeks (ticker in my siggy). We're upping my meds and hoping for more eggs. He said the rest was textbook perfect. So, that's all we can change! FX'd! Meds start on May 26!

Megg - I really hope this is the time for you. You have an amazing attitude and it's time for you to have your happy ending! Best of luck with this cycle:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->